Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70629 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#68906 Mar 1, 2013
sickofit wrote:
John...I am In Albert Lea Minnesota......MEET YOU AT TRAILS TRUCK STOP....Look for a guy who is 6ft4in 265lbs and wearing Harley shirts always..

Then walk up to me and say one stupid thing and I will break you.
Sounds like too many donuts!

265!!

LOL.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#68907 Mar 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>What is cult like about atheism?

what bible does an atheist use?

no, your theory is full of holes and basded on proven lies.
There is a general consensus that:

A person who believes in a specific God is a Theist.

A person who actively denies the existence of God is an Atheist.

A person who feels that we have no method by which we can conclude whether a deity exists is an Agnostic.

“The word cult in current popular usage usually refers to a new religious movement or other group whose beliefs or practices are considered abnormal or bizarre.[1] The word originally denoted a system of ritual practices. The word was first used in the early 17th century denoting homage paid to a divinity and derived from the French culte or Latin cultus,‘worship’, from cult-,‘inhabited, cultivated, worshipped,’ from the verb colere,'care, cultivation'.”~ Wikipedia

“Dogma is the official system of belief or doctrine held by a religion, or a particular group or organization”~ Wikipedia.

Organizations of atheists ritually denounce the existence of God. They have become an organization, dedicated to the activity of removing all relic’s of Theism from public places. Their dogma is based entirely on their notion or belief that God does not exist. These organizations work tirelessly towards this effort.

It is no longer possible for an individual to simply state they are an atheist, by reason of personal belief, and not be affiliated, by membership or indirect alignment with these organizations.

These organizations have an official system of belief and their doctrine is to end the belief of theism on this planet.

They are exclusive, ritualistic, and have a belief system which generates activity within and beyond the boundaries of the organization. They are a Cult.

http://www.ted.com/conversations/13943/is_ath...

February 4, 2011

Church, without God

“Stan Bradley likes Bible stories, admires Martin Luther and uses expressions such as 'heavens, no.'

The Lithopolis man is president of a local congregation and rarely misses a Sunday service. Occasionally, he goes to his wife's church instead.

For these and other reasons, Bradley considers himself religious.”

He is also an atheist.

continued:

“Like Bradley, some atheists participate in organized religion for its social and psychological benefits.”

continued:

“Churches are great places to find friends, support and youth education, so nonbelievers and believers alike join congregations to fill those needs, he said.

He has spoken to elderly and sick people who can no longer go to church and they say they most miss the feeling of community.

Recent research from Harvard University and the University of Wisconsin backs him up. It found that religious people tend to be happier than nonreligious people, not because of belief but because of the friendships found at church.”

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/faith...

The Atheist's Bible: An Illustrious Collection of Irreverent Thoughts [Hardcover]
Joan Konner (Author)
3.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (29 customer reviews)

List Price:$16.99
Price:$11.55 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details
Deal Price:
You Save:$5.44 (32%)

Only 4 left in stock (more on the way).

http://www.amazon.com/The-Atheists-Bible-Illu...

Langoliers

Location hidden

#68908 Mar 1, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>My Bollocks are stuck inside of me! They're to afraid to come out and hang around.
Hmmm, if you say so.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#68909 Mar 1, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>IKE I SAID BITC COME TO TRAILS TRAVEL CENTER ALBERT LEA MINNESOTA..BE THERE AT NOON ON SUNDAY...I WILL BEATNYOU LIKE A RAGDOLL ON YOUR CULTS HOLY DAY....LOOK FOR THE BIG MEAN NASTY GUY..........have your will done...you wont make it. snap you like a twig.
Even if you did move to hayfield from Austin you've still got Spam stuck in your key board. Your shift key is stuck again.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#68910 Mar 1, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
A person who feels that we have no method by which we can conclude whether a deity exists is an Agnostic.
“The word cult in current popular usage usually refers to a new religious movement or other group whose beliefs or practices are considered abnormal or bizarre.[1] The word originally denoted a system of ritual practices. The word was first used in the early 17th century denoting homage paid to a divinity and derived from the French culte or Latin cultus,‘worship’, from cult-,‘inhabited, cultivated, worshipped,’ from the verb colere,'care, cultivation'.”~ Wikipedia
“Dogma is the official system of belief or doctrine held by a religion, or a particular group or organization”~ Wikipedia.
Organizations of atheists ritually denounce the existence of God. They have become an organization, dedicated to the activity of removing all relic’s of Theism from public places. Their dogma is based entirely on their notion or belief that God does not exist. These organizations work tirelessly towards this effort.
It is no longer possible for an individual to simply state they are an atheist, by reason of personal belief, and not be affiliated, by membership or indirect alignment with these organizations.
These organizations have an official system of belief and their doctrine is to end the belief of theism on this planet.
They are exclusive, ritualistic, and have a belief system which generates activity within and beyond the boundaries of the organization. They are a Cult.
February 4, 2011
Church, without God
“Stan Bradley likes Bible stories, admires Martin Luther and uses expressions such as 'heavens, no.'
The Lithopolis man is president of a local congregation and rarely misses a Sunday service. Occasionally, he goes to his wife's church instead.
He is also an atheist.
continued:
“Like Bradley, some atheists participate in organized religion for its social and psychological benefits.”
continued:
“Churches are great places to find friends, support and youth education, so nonbelievers and believers alike join congregations to fill those needs, he said.
He has spoken to elderly and sick people who can no longer go to church and they say they most miss the feeling of community.
Recent research from Harvard University and the University of Wisconsin backs him up. It found that religious people tend to be happier than nonreligious people, not because of belief but because of the friendships found at church.”
The Atheist's Bible: An Illustrious Collection of Irreverent Thoughts [Hardcover]
Joan Konner (Author)
Price:$11.55 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details
Deal Price:
no, once again you are starting from a faulty basic premise. it is not a general consensus. atheists just acknowledge that there is no evidence of any god, gods or goddesses ever. none.

when you start froma faulty premise, you get a faulty conclusion.

just because someone wrote a funny book and called it a bible, does not support your point. there are many books refered to as "the bible of___"

United States

#68911 Mar 1, 2013
Recycling old Derek posts again half wit? Complete with symbol errors? You really are a one trick pony.

So pathetic.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#68912 Mar 1, 2013
Acting like children. This is a joke.
Babies.
John

United States

#68913 Mar 1, 2013
Pathetic is this nothing forum that has been exposed since 2009. Get your nothing out of here!

Hey Sicko you said you were off work today and ready to physically harm me. I don't remember the exact words but you used capital letters and exclamation points. I do remember a Harley shirt and 265. Scary stuff. I gave you all day to respond but I'm not surprised you are letting your mouth override your ass. It's a common atheist trait. Huff and puff and blow my house down.

I'll just show you some ankle locks or arm bars while making you scream for Gods help. I won't hurt you though. I'm a benevolent puppetmaster who feels sorry for retarded nothings.

There is definitely a coward gene involved with being an atheist. Back to the regularly scheduled nothing.

Reminder- since 2009 this forum has submitted zero evidence in this arena that meets their own criteria. In other words they are cowardly hypocrites.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68914 Mar 1, 2013
Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a prime mover it is called a sphincter muscle.
Do you suppose that Johns prime mover is the same?
Not even a little-- yours has a valuable and quite useful function.

His?

Not even close.

:D

Langoliers

Location hidden

#68915 Mar 1, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>because john need to be taken out behind the woodshed and have his azz kicked so to speak....He is ignorant and a loud mouth whos spews lies and hate and bigotry.....
"whos spews lies "

And you hang out at a truck stop and is 6'4" weighing 265lbs you also live in Austin and now Hayfield and you own 5 jiffy lubes. What else have I missed?

Langoliers

Location hidden

#68916 Mar 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, once again you are starting from a faulty basic premise. it is not a general consensus. atheists just acknowledge that there is no evidence of any god, gods or goddesses ever. none.

when you start froma faulty premise, you get a faulty conclusion.

just because someone wrote a funny book and called it a bible, does not support your point. there are many books refered to as "the bible of___"
No I started out with the correct premise! Atheism is a cult.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#68917 Mar 1, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Recycling old Derek posts again half wit? Complete with symbol errors? You really are a one trick pony.

So pathetic.
Makes total sense, you atheist can't come up with anything new so having a short supply of ready made answers is all that's required.

United States

#68918 Mar 1, 2013
If you are going to steal other's spam you could at least fix the errors and realize the one book anyways is meant to be funny not serious.

You weren't able to put that together yes?
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes total sense, I can't come up with anything new so having a short supply of ready made answers is required.
John

United States

#68919 Mar 1, 2013
Looks like Sicko is another run of the mill atheist mouth runner bereft of substance. I'm not wasting any more of my time with you. You lied. You are an intellectual and physical coward.
John

United States

#68920 Mar 1, 2013
Does this forum have any evidence in this arena that meets the standards they hold others accountable to?
John

United States

#68921 Mar 1, 2013
How does an atheist decide which is most or least likely of the following possibilities: always was, prime mover, something from nothing.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#68922 Mar 1, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
February 4, 2011
Church, without God
He is also an atheist.
continued:
continued:
Joan Konner (Author)
Deal Price:
I really don't get what you fundies get out of claiming atheism is a religion and Christianity isn't. Maybe you just like to deny reality in general.
John

United States

#68923 Mar 1, 2013
Let it be known that since 2009 atheists have been resorting to evidence free posts. They can't answer questions such as I've presented. They need a God they don't believe in to have a voice. They have been exposed thoroughly.

This is a forum of bigots not simple nonbelievers. Since they are so insistent on.attempting to marginalize believers I have called them out to debate for years. All I require is an.accountable position that meets their own criteria. I guess they could admit their criteria is worthless and we can begin.again. Agenda based bigots don't do that though.

I can't stress enough the degree of crazy in these folks to spend years on illogical and irrational anti-science nonclaims hoping to diminish something they don't believe in.
John

United States

#68924 Mar 1, 2013
Rose has no conscience.
If Rose had a conscience there would be evidence of one.
There is no evidence Rose has a conscience.
Therefore, Rose has no conscience.

Save your disbelief Rose. We get it. Your nothing has been clear for years.
John

United States

#68925 Mar 1, 2013
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost three years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Three years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 66,160 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True
science that is repeatable and observable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 14 min Simon 61,309
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 1 hr Subduction Zone 2,683
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 hr Aura Mytha 28,316
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Fri IB DaMann 5,970
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) Wed Eagle 12 452
Deconversion Mar 20 Eagle 12 138
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) Mar 18 Eagle 12 2,043
More from around the web