Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70650 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

John

Saint Charles, MO

#68781 Feb 27, 2013
Why are you so intolerant? You skipped the questions by the way. Why do you lie for your nothing? This is your forum yet you attempt to make it about me and what I believe. If you are so dead set on doing that bring your accountable position.

Let's start with just one question your forum has claimed to have answered. Do you have any evidence in this arena that meets the standards you hold others accountable to? Now, you claim this has already been done so just repost
it. There are many more. Only the mentally ill go to such great lengths to advance nothing. This forum is a farce and your crew are cowardly bigots. The proof is everywhere.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#68782 Feb 27, 2013
John wrote:
Why are you so intolerant?
Are you saying the kettle is black?
John wrote:
You skipped the questions by the way. Why do you lie for your nothing? This is your forum yet you attempt to make it about me and what I believe. If you are so dead set on doing that bring your accountable position.
I haven't been around since the beginning of the forum but if the questions are anything like "why do you lie for your nothing?" I would imagine you are simply upset that they are not humoring your condescending ignorant dishonest questions.

However, if the questions are honest and not accusatory and purposely worded to aim to an answer you've already decided on.... Then please ask them again.
John wrote:
Let's start with just one question your forum has claimed to have answered. Do you have any evidence in this arena that meets the standards you hold others accountable to? Now, you claim this has already been done so just repost
it. There are many more. Only the mentally ill go to such great lengths to advance nothing. This forum is a farce and your crew are cowardly bigots. The proof is everywhere.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
I myself am not going to claim this has already been done.... Because i don't even understand the question. I would like to add that this sounds like a good honest question that deserves an answer probably... But I simply don't know what you are asking. Are you asking what evidence we have that follows the same standards we ask for believers to have for god? That is a fair question if that is what you are asking... Kinda...

I'm sure people have responded with comments about the burden of proof and proving a negative... Have you heard of Russell's teapot? You may not like this as an answer... But you don't have to like it for it to be logical.
Examples like Santa or a spaghetti monster are upsetting but accurate but no matter how long or hard a child cries and stomps his feet it won't make the tooth fairy real.

I need to add... If someone disagrees with what you believe in it does not make them a bigot. Even if they attack you personally they are not a bigot.... HOWEVER, if you aim your hateful comments to an entire group.. That is a bigot! Look it up. You have no guilt free force field.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#68783 Feb 27, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Naturally and it makes sense because much of the bible was stolen for the Quran.
<quoted text>
Did you get that backwards? the bible was written before the Quran, no?

St. Croix valley

#68784 Feb 27, 2013
Ahhh, got it now! thought I was missing something from history, just read "from the quran' instead of 'FOR the quran'...

sorry...
Say the Truth

Lansdale, PA

#68785 Feb 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
Ahhh, got it now! thought I was missing something from history, just read "from the quran' instead of 'FOR the quran'...
sorry...
"God Is in the Detail"

Lexington, KY

#68786 Feb 27, 2013
:)
woodtick57 wrote:
sorry...

St. Croix valley

#68787 Feb 27, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
:)
<quoted text>
why would they break the tradition? most of the bible myths were stolen from previous religious cults.

Lexington, KY

#68788 Feb 27, 2013
Oh naturally and I didn't mean to make it sound like the bible was original. Thou shalt not commit plagiarism will never be found in any holy books :)
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why would they break the tradition? most of the bible myths were stolen from previous religious cults.
Say the Truth

Lansdale, PA

#68789 Feb 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why would they break the tradition? most of the bible myths were stolen from previous religious cults.
Really? LMAO!!! Did the teach you that in Anti-Bible Catechism clas?

St. Croix valley

#68790 Feb 27, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? LMAO!!! Did the teach you that in Anti-Bible Catechism clas?
No, anyone that studies religion would know that.

of course, your cult wouldn't have told you that, nor would they want you to truly study religious cults as it would lead to your freethinking...

why don't you already know this about your religion?
Say the Truth

Lansdale, PA

#68791 Feb 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, anyone that studies religion would know that.
of course, your cult wouldn't have told you that, nor would they want you to truly study religious cults as it would lead to your freethinking...
why don't you already know this about your religion?
Cult? LMAO!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#68792 Feb 27, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Cult? LMAO!
Explain the difference between your religion and any other cult, and why your religion is not a cult like the others.

St. Croix valley

#68793 Feb 27, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Cult? LMAO!
Yes, cult. why is it funny that you belong to a cult?

your religion is the perfect definition of a cult. why don't you also know that about your own religion?

why don't the "faithful" actually know about their own religious cult?
Say the Truth

Lansdale, PA

#68794 Feb 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, cult. why is it funny that you belong to a cult?
your religion is the perfect definition of a cult. why don't you also know that about your own religion?
why don't the "faithful" actually know about their own religious cult?
How do you know what my religions is, Tick?

BTW, Atheism is a cult.

St. Croix valley

#68795 Feb 27, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know what my religions is, Tick?
BTW, Atheism is a cult.
You sure seem to be defending the christian cult.

some atheists do seem to be making it a religion. i wouldn't know since I never considered my self an atheist.
John

Saint Charles, MO

#68796 Feb 27, 2013
So no evidence then? This bizarre nothing brigade is simply about bigotry. No, I don't need to rehash the nonsense your forum has pulled since 2009. This is your forum the least you could do is have evidence meeting the standard you require of others or the intellectual honesty to admit you seek to marginalize believers with specificity.It's not based on anything but an agenda either.

How does a bigot decide what is most or least likely of the following possibilities: prime mover, something from nothing, always was. Show your work.

You have been easily exposed. Let me know when your forum has something substantive. My accountable position of a prime mover awaits. You can continue to help me expose yourselves in your own forum or give your illogical hate campaign up. It's your forum. I would prefer you stayed. This is priceless.

Thanks for nothing in advance.

St. Croix valley

#68797 Feb 27, 2013
John wrote:
So no evidence then? This bizarre nothing brigade is simply about bigotry. No, I don't need to rehash the nonsense your forum has pulled since 2009. This is your forum the least you could do is have evidence meeting the standard you require of others or the intellectual honesty to admit you seek to marginalize believers with specificity.It's not based on anything but an agenda either.
How does a bigot decide what is most or least likely of the following possibilities: prime mover, something from nothing, always was. Show your work.
You have been easily exposed. Let me know when your forum has something substantive. My accountable position of a prime mover awaits. You can continue to help me expose yourselves in your own forum or give your illogical hate campaign up. It's your forum. I would prefer you stayed. This is priceless.
Thanks for nothing in advance.
So no evidence for you mythical god then?

Why is your fatih so weak you cannot provide this evidence for you myth? your god must be angry at you. any volcanos and virgins in your area?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#68799 Feb 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>You sure seem to be defending the christian cult.
some atheists do seem to be making it a religion. i wouldn't know since I never considered my self an atheist.
Too bad. The atheists could use another moron, WoodDuck.

St. Croix valley

#68800 Feb 27, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad. The atheists could use another moron, WoodDuck.
you're thinking of becoming an atheist? good for you...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68801 Feb 27, 2013
John wrote:
Yawn. I don't debate
Yes. We know you don't debate.

This post of yours?

Not a debate. Not evidence of any kind.

I get to keep my money. And you?

You are the coward-- exactly as I predicted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 15 min Thinking 12,794
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 18 min Thinking 247,519
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 2 hr Thinking 47,832
Hitler was Catholic 5 hr Thinking 3
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... 5 hr serfs up 14
Proof of God for the Atheist 6 hr thetruth 129
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 7 hr Thinking 25
More from around the web