Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,983

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Full Story

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68393 Feb 15, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious liar with no proof of god
Is not the phrase "religious liar" redundant?

Are not, by definition, all religious types also liars?

In that they all claim to have "faith"?

And we see that the "faith" they have, is basically... a lie?

A lie they have been told so many times, they forgot it was a lie?

... meh.

But you are correct: he has offered no proof or even a single argument even, for his god.

Sad.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68394 Feb 15, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
So BBretard's argument is... If we don't have all the answers say god must have done it!
Hey maybe he used this in school!
Test question: who built the pyramids!
BB: god.
Who invented the automobile?
What is 9 x 9=
Who was the first Caesar?
Why does the weather grow colder in the winter?
No wonder he never made it our of the 5th grade!
And after 10 years of trying, too!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#68395 Feb 15, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Why would you "Enter God..." when there is no evidence at all that one exists?
that would be like Einstein throwing in his cosmological constant to explain what he couldn't figure out; his greatest mistake...
If atheists can believe NOTHING caused the SOMETHING to form the universe without scientific evidence, the religious can also believe God created the universe without scientific evidence.

For those who believe, or who sense a greater reality, the way to God is by way of the heart, not the intellect. Often the heart already knows what the intellect must rationalize. You cannot objectify that which is not physical (primary consciousness), you can only experience it.

Location hidden

#68396 Feb 15, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i have proved the re isno evidence of god. i've asked you for one shred for years and you have provided not one...
You have proved that atheists are as fervent in their disbelief in God as the religious are in their belief in God.

Since: Feb 12

Taipei, Taiwan

#68397 Feb 15, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
You have proved that atheists are as fervent in their disbelief in God as the religious are in their belief in God.
We have proved that we believe in what we see and what is logical after all of our education
John

East Saint Louis, IL

#68398 Feb 15, 2013
Your nothing is illogical. A forum that repeats nothing is irrational.

You don't have a single example of evidence in this arena that meets the criteria you hold others to.

You don't have any clue how to quantify possibility. For instance, what is most or least likely: prime mover, something from nothing, always was. Show your freethinking.

Now, let us compare your nothing to my something. You loons throw out words like evidence, logical, natural. Pfft, you can't even make up a beginning that is ahem natural.

Simple bigots exposed day after day. Thanks for the help.

Taipei, Taiwan

#68399 Feb 15, 2013
John wrote:
Your nothing is illogical. A forum that repeats nothing is irrational.
You don't have a single example of evidence in this arena that meets the criteria you hold others to.
You don't have any clue how to quantify possibility. For instance, what is most or least likely: prime mover, something from nothing, always was. Show your freethinking.
Now, let us compare your nothing to my something. You loons throw out words like evidence, logical, natural. Pfft, you can't even make up a beginning that is ahem natural.
Simple bigots exposed day after day. Thanks for the help.
Still waiting on you to bring something to the table.

Taipei, Taiwan

#68400 Feb 15, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
If atheists can believe NOTHING caused the SOMETHING to form the universe without scientific evidence, the religious can also believe God created the universe without scientific evidence.
For those who believe, or who sense a greater reality, the way to God is by way of the heart, not the intellect. Often the heart already knows what the intellect must rationalize. You cannot objectify that which is not physical (primary consciousness), you can only experience it.
Thats some Existentialism Bullshit that neither religion or science can explain. Really doesn't have much to do with science since we can't prove fiction and fantasy. Neither can religion either.

Shit, I believe more in the eastern religions than I do christianity. At least the eastern religions such a buddhism, taoism and hinduism is promoted to be a guide, which is far more useful in life than a god that everyone disputes.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#68401 Feb 15, 2013
It was sad him being 20 years old in the 5th grade.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
And after 10 years of trying, too!

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#68402 Feb 15, 2013
You do know many of your fellow Christians also accept the bing bang?
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
John

East Saint Louis, IL

#68403 Feb 15, 2013
The bigots skipped my questions again. They also failed to bring any evidence or accountable position in their own forum. Nothing gets nothing. That applies in science and this forum.

March, march, hate the something, march, march, all for nothing.

Welcome to Stumpville!
John

East Saint Louis, IL

#68404 Feb 15, 2013
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost three years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Three years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 65,650 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True
science that is repeatable and observable.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68405 Feb 16, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
True-- but the two are hardly equal.

The >>scientific<< approach is evidence-based >>only<<.

As soon as there is evidence? A scientific viewpoint will fit said evidence into the worldview.

In direct contrast to you god-robots: you REJECT any and all evidence that proves your GOD is MYTH.

So.

Who is lying here?

Yes-- that would be YOU.
BBSting wrote:
For those who believe, or who sense a greater reality, the way to God is by way of the heart, not the intellect.
Your "heart" is just a blood-pump, made of meat.

It cannot "sense" anything.

And since you admit you REJECT rationality?(the intellect)

You admit you are ...

... lying here.
BBSting wrote:
Often the heart already knows what the intellect must rationalize.
A meat pump cannot "know", stupid.
BBSting wrote:
You cannot objectify that which is not physical (primary consciousness), you can only experience it.
You can also "experience" insane hallucinations about little green leprechauns.

That does not mean green leprechauns are real.

No more real than your monster-terrorist (god) is.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68406 Feb 16, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
No-- atheists demand...

.... EVIDENCE.

You have none, with regards to your god.

But I freely admit that the demand for evidence is strong.

As strong as your demand for ... no evidence.

... sad for you-- you insist in lying (faith) instead.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68407 Feb 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
It was sad him being 20 years old in the 5th grade.
<quoted text>
Indeed it was.

Him being his teacher's "pet" must have been something of an embarrassment too.

What with nuns supposed to be "celibate" and all...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68408 Feb 16, 2013
John wrote:
<cowardly nothing redacted>
Still no proof of your claims.

You are still lying: many-many atheists have show you the positions they are willing to debate-- you cowardly run away each and every time.
John

East Saint Louis, IL

#68409 Feb 16, 2013
The latest nothing has been brought to you by bigot Bob. Notice he skipped my questions and providence no evidence or accountable position. His magic natural universe is so ridiculous he can't even make it up. Conversely, the scientific disciplines that point to design are myriad. I've already exposed Bob and his crew have absolutely zero evidence or adequate measuring stick for same. Once again I suggest we make our cases and present our accountable positions of belief we are willing to defend.

You see antitheists strangely spend their time attempting to marginalize a God they don't believe in. Yes, its a sign of mental illness but here we are. My accountable position is a prime mover. Let's see what these loons bring. Since 2009 its been zip, zilch, nada. Just name it for now. Short and sweet. Thanks for nothing in advance.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
John

East Saint Louis, IL

#68410 Feb 16, 2013
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle thought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence DREW, Curious, Mikey,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 65,660 plus posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!

Location hidden

#68411 Feb 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
You do know many of your fellow Christians also accept the bing bang?
<quoted text>
The big bang novelty is easier to accept when you also believe in a CAUSE.

Location hidden

#68412 Feb 16, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
No-- atheists demand...
.... EVIDENCE.
You have none, with regards to your god.
But I freely admit that the demand for evidence is strong.
As strong as your demand for ... no evidence.
... sad for you-- you insist in lying (faith) instead.
Atheists definitely demand evidence but they also show a grim determination to believe anything science says, without it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 25 min red and right 2,593
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Joe fortuna 233,034
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 3 hr QUITTNER Dec 24 2014 5
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 4 hr ChristineM 1,449
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 6 hr polymath257 159
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 8 hr _Bad Company 192
Atheism: On the Rise? (Jan '13) 9 hr ratboyhunter 34
More from around the web