Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments
65,601 - 65,620 of 70,983 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 5
John

East Saint Louis, IL

#68370 Feb 15, 2013
You skipped the questions. I'm very curious how long you will continue a forum about nothing. Some of my friends and I are betting on this. It appeared to be dead a few times, but I know what strings my puppets respond to.

March away!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#68371 Feb 15, 2013
John wrote:
You skipped the questions. I'm very curious how long you will continue a forum about nothing. Some of my friends and I are betting on this. It appeared to be dead a few times, but I know what strings my puppets respond to.
March away!
Like you have friends...sure pal, sure...
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

#68372 Feb 15, 2013
John's socks are his friends. Fundies have got to bulk up those falling numbers somehow...
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Like you have friends...sure pal, sure...

St. Croix valley

#68373 Feb 15, 2013
Thinking wrote:
John's socks are his friends. Fundies have got to bulk up those falling numbers somehow...
<quoted text>
At least he has his imaginary sky buddy. "so he's got that going for him...which is nice."

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#68374 Feb 15, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's examine your assertion here a bit more, I know you hate it when we actually look at your assertions but meh.
1. Big Bang is supported by some very obvious facts that cannot be refuted, in which case everything is expanding, or moving away from each other in other words.
That's the assumption anyway, but it doesn't explain what "caused" the big bang.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>2. Thus everything had to be really small at one point, at least the things moving away from each other, and thus there had to be a rapid expansion at some point, thus the misnomer "big bang."
3. Everything had to come from somewhere, that's where the theory ends and a new one must be formulated and tested to produce an answer to.
So the story goes, but science cannot explain where this really small SOMETHING came from, or why it suddenly expanded to form the universe.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Then your creationism:
1. Everything was made by something else.
2. That something else therefore had to come from somewhere, which you don't know if that something is even intelligent much less if it's your "god" thing.
Science does not acknowledge a "something else" leaving one to assume that NOTHING caused this very small SOMETHING to expand. To say everything came from the Big Bang is like saying babies come from maternity wards, the theory doesn't go back far enough.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
3. This is all based on zero evidence, as there is no evidence suggesting it, therefore it can be dismissed before even going into the really hard questions that this notion creates.
Like the big bang theory, there is an hypothesis: "I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness. Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve." - Max Planck
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>4. The new question is how did this thing cause it?
5. Another new question is where did this thing come from?
6. Another question is how does this thing exist?
7. Another is how is it this thing is intelligent, or even if it is?
8..... and on ad infinitum ....
Simplest answers are often the correct ones, thus by default your creationism has made itself impossible.
Enter God, a primary nonphysical gestalt of consciousness, which was, is and will always be. And which exists within and behind all systems and universes. What it boils down to then, is whose THEORY is more believable and makes more sense. Primary consciousness is more believable and makes more sense than NOTHING.
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

#68375 Feb 15, 2013
www.smellyourmum.com/believe-thats-nice-imagi...
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>At least he has his imaginary sky buddy. "so he's got that going for him...which is nice."
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

#68376 Feb 15, 2013
Better link here:

http://www.smellyourmum.com/images/believegod...
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>At least he has his imaginary sky buddy. "so he's got that going for him...which is nice."
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

#68377 Feb 15, 2013
Why?
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the assumption anyway, but it doesn't explain what "caused" the big bang.
<quoted text>
So the story goes, but science cannot explain where this really small SOMETHING came from, or why it suddenly expanded to form the universe.
<quoted text>
Science does not acknowledge a "something else" leaving one to assume that NOTHING caused this very small SOMETHING to expand. To say everything came from the Big Bang is like saying babies come from maternity wards, the theory doesn't go back far enough.
<quoted text>
Like the big bang theory, there is an hypothesis: "I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness. Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve." - Max Planck
<quoted text>
Enter God, a primary nonphysical gestalt of consciousness, which was, is and will always be. And which exists within and behind all systems and universes. What it boils down to then, is whose THEORY is more believable and makes more sense. Primary consciousness is more believable and makes more sense than NOTHING.

St. Croix valley

#68378 Feb 15, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Why would you "Enter God..." when there is no evidence at all that one exists?

that would be like Einstein throwing in his cosmological constant to explain what he couldn't figure out; his greatest mistake...
John

East Saint Louis, IL

#68379 Feb 15, 2013
You loons skipped my questions. Must be tough running from your nothing day after day. Prove there is no evidence of God Woodtick. Nothing is evidence to you so your nonpoints aren't necessary. Since you bigots are so fixated on a God you don't believe in I welcome debating my accountable position vs whatever nonsense you choose.

It's revealing you cowards won't dare take that challenge. Still going strong since 2009. Contrary to your claims many disciplines have found reasons/evidences for something larger than us. It's the only position with evidence LOL. Just not enough for you. That's fine. Your nothing is on record. End forum.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.

St. Croix valley

#68380 Feb 15, 2013
John wrote:
You loons skipped my questions. Must be tough running from your nothing day after day. Prove there is no evidence of God Woodtick. Nothing is evidence to you so your nonpoints aren't necessary. Since you bigots are so fixated on a God you don't believe in I welcome debating my accountable position vs whatever nonsense you choose.
It's revealing you cowards won't dare take that challenge. Still going strong since 2009. Contrary to your claims many disciplines have found reasons/evidences for something larger than us. It's the only position with evidence LOL. Just not enough for you. That's fine. Your nothing is on record. End forum.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
i have proved the re isno evidence of god. i've asked you for one shred for years and you have provided not one...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68381 Feb 15, 2013
John wrote:
Rose continues to cite disbelief as her accountable position of belief. Coward Bob thinks collecting dozens of BS responses and linking them proves something.
It does prove something:

It proves to 100% that YOU are TOO COWARD to click on any.

For you KNOW they prove you to be a liar.

LOL!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68382 Feb 15, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter.

One thing is >>certain<<.

Your mythical god was NOT the cause.

That is certain to 100%, too.

I've already outlined why...

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#68383 Feb 15, 2013
BSing wrote:
<quoted text>
So what?
That doesn't change the fact that the creation story in Genesis is a Bronze Age myth.
BSing wrote:
<quoted text>
So what?
That doesn't mean "Zap! God did it!".
BSing wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you taken a basic science class?
It doesn't seem like you have.
Science doesn't acknowledge a "something else" because there is no evidence for it. You can assume what you like. Personally, I believe our concepts of cause and effect had no meaning at the point of the big bang.
BSing wrote:
<quoted text>
Enter God,
Something made up to fill in the blanks.
BSing wrote:
a primary nonphysical gestalt of consciousness, which was, is and will always be. And which exists within and behind all systems and universes. What it boils down to then, is whose THEORY is more believable and makes more sense. Primary consciousness is more believable and makes more sense than NOTHING.
Straw man.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#68384 Feb 15, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>incorrect. there is no proof of any god so it isn't up for discussion yet. when your cult finds that proof, then it will even be an issue.

basically i'm saying your deepest held beliefs are a non-issue in the real world.
There is no proof that the Big Bang was an exploding singularity but you'll see people talking about that all the time.

God is up for discussion just not with Dolts like you.

Your positive assertion is showing.
Atheist - Have a belief that no God exist. Not the absents of belief, if that was the case they that would be agnostic.
The atheist belief is a positive assertion therefore it is a religion and falls under the same rules as all positive assertion Those rules would be that the burden of proof falls on you.

Ticky;
Where is your proof of no God?

Location hidden

#68385 Feb 15, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
Still waiting for ANY evidence of god's existence.
Free clues:
Buy-bull quotes don't count, and asking me for proof god doesn't exist doesn't count.
I said Quiet Ho!

Location hidden

#68386 Feb 15, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>There's no such thing as god, satan or souls. You are projecting your mental illness on us all.
No you're projecting your positive assertion of no God.

Do you have your helmet on?
I would Hate to have you fall down and cause Yourself to have more brain damage.

See I do care about you sceptic.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#68387 Feb 15, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I said Quiet Ho!
Why, are you embarrassed by not having an answer?
John

East Saint Louis, IL

#68388 Feb 15, 2013
Thanks for nothing Richard. You should be embarrased at how easily exposed your nonsense is. Let's compare the evidence of a prime mover vs ????. Be proud of your ???

Still no evidence or accountable position in the atheism.forum.

Location hidden

#68389 Feb 15, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>Why, are you embarrassed by not having an answer?
What are you on?

More important where can I get some!?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I left Creationism! Ask me anything! 40 min NightSerf 4
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 42 min macumazahn 226,361
The Ultimate Evidence of God 49 min NightSerf 58
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 3 hr Patrick 52
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 3 hr Patrick 173
Atheists that tout free thinking use bully tact... 3 hr Patrick 14
Our world came from nothing? 3 hr Patrick 425
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••