Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70650 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#68637 Feb 23, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"Bronze Age" try Iron Age.
"My guess is that combinations of amino acids that became life were formed by lightning in pools of chemicals in the pre-oxygen atmosphere earth"
Where did the amino acids come from?
Where did your beliefs come from? A fiction novel.
the greatness

Harrisonville, MO

#68638 Feb 23, 2013
God loves you

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#68639 Feb 23, 2013
the greatness wrote:
God loves you
BS.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Wichita. Ks.

#68640 Feb 23, 2013
the greatness wrote:
God loves you
Show me one place in the bible where god shows any love other than the statement (for god so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son).

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#68641 Feb 23, 2013
Because you do ah the bleating of a sheeple. Can you prove life didn't originate from natural devices?
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I do.
Why do you believe in spontaneous self generating life?
the greatness

Harrisonville, MO

#68642 Feb 23, 2013
God really does love you

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#68643 Feb 23, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
My point? Lol
2.04% what a joke your religion is!
You claim all humans are born atheist.
They are all born without a belief in god.
They have to be taught to believe in one.
What do you fundies get out of claiming atheism is a religion but Christianity isn't?
Langoliers wrote:
Ok that means at one time you had 100% of the human population. The current percentage of the world population that is atheist is at 2.04%.
That means that 97.96% of your congregation has left your faith!!
WTF is wrong with you guys?
97.96%!!!!!!!
And? What shape was the earth when 97.96% of the earth thought it was flat? You can't vote on truth.
Langoliers wrote:
Do you realize how many people that is?
Man you're not just losing them, at that rate they are running from you!
LMFAO
As they say, ignorance is bliss.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#68644 Feb 23, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
BFD. I don't use the term to give a history lesson, just to point out how outdated and wrong the teachings are. Like I might call a floppy disk an "antique".
Langoliers wrote:
"My guess is that combinations of amino acids that became life were formed by lightning in pools of chemicals in the pre-oxygen atmosphere earth"
Don't know, but I do know the story in Genesis is a Bronze Age myth.
the greatness

Harrisonville, MO

#68645 Feb 23, 2013
Jesus loves you more than anyone else ever will.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#68646 Feb 23, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, so why do you believe in the Big Bang, then Spontaneous self generating life, then a single cell being the mother of all plant and animal life that ever lived and currently live, Mutations improving life billions and billions of times?
As apposed to a intelligent designer?
Your "intelligent designer" complicates matters and adds a million questions. Simple explanations do not involve the who, but only the how. Your "god" is not an answer, it is a loaded question.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#68647 Feb 23, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
So far lightning is not needed, actually. That's the problem, you have to add more to everything than required of it. Chemical reactions just happen, they are one of the primary events in the universe, and if something can be explained by just chemical reactions, that makes it the simplest answer.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68648 Feb 23, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"I did not bother to even read it-- since you gave no references as to where you stole it from."
What you can't read?
"study by Georgetown University's Center for Applied Research in the Apostolate (CARA)."
What a DOLT!
I still did not bother to read where you STOLE it from-- no link.

Your past record of LYING stands.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68649 Feb 23, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
As apposed to a intelligent designer?
There is zero intelligence in your "intelligent designer" hypothesis.

As such?

Your hypothesis fails at the first step-- no intelligence.

NEXT!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68650 Feb 23, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
My point? Lol
2.04% what a joke your religion is!
You claim all humans are born atheist.
Ok that means at one time you had 100% of the human population. The current percentage of the world population that is atheist is at 2.04%.
That means that 97.96% of your congregation has left your faith!!
WTF is wrong with you guys?
97.96%!!!!!!!
Do you realize how many people that is?
Man you're not just losing them, at that rate they are running from you!
LMFAO
1) your figures are way-off. Typical lying theist that you are.

2) all babies ARE born atheist. But brainwashing by religion from BEFORE they can speak does work-- nobody is doubting this.

3) if your god were REAL? WHY ARE NO BABIES BORN WITH KNOWLEDGE OF GOD, THEN?

Hmmm?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68651 Feb 23, 2013
the greatness wrote:
God loves you
Your threats carry no weight here.

We have SEEN the past effects of your "god" and his "love".

Mass genocide, mass rape, mass baby-killings.

All at the hands of your god's servants, naturally.

Pass.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68652 Feb 23, 2013
the greatness wrote:
Jesus loves you more than anyone else ever will.
That sounds very gay.

It really, really does-- but that's okay, I do not get offended if a gay person says they love me.

But seriously: your Jesus even has a gay-love story, the "gospel" of John, the gay disciple who Jesus had gay love for.

(the corrected title)

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Wichita. Ks.

#68653 Feb 23, 2013
the greatness wrote:
God really does love you
Come on please show where in your bible that your god shows any love.
John

West Bend, WI

#68654 Feb 23, 2013
You choose to ignore I've exposed you and your ahem evidentiary standard. You brought up the God you don't believe in again. You are smitten!
Do you have any evidence in this arena that meets your own criteria?
How do you measure the following possibilities: prime mover, always was, something from nothing. Show your work.
I'll wait for your dodge, or we can skip this dance and just debate your nothing vs my something. I'm sure you realize I at least have a case. You have no good options bigot.
How do you feel about your vote for Obama ensuring millions are hungry and unemployed?
*** You might have missed questions like this for the last 4/5 years lmao. Yep. You are that nuts. A forum about nothing. I don't debate nothing but by all means let's not stop now.****
Atheists don't do questions or evidence.
Several atheists have claimed these questions have been addressed. They lie. Nothing has to lie and/or deflect.$1,000 dollars that shows any evidence backed meaningful reply. Atheists ate scam artists.

I love how much time you spend fighting a God you don't believe in.
John

West Bend, WI

#68655 Feb 23, 2013
I'm comfortable exposing you and refusing to debate nothing. You skipped the questions by the way. My accountable position in a debate of this nature would be a prime mover. You haven't given yours. Nothing doesn't frighten me in the least.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
John

West Bend, WI

#68656 Feb 23, 2013
Are you trying to deflect your inability to bring evidence or even not be hypocritical in your requirements for same. Nope, this is your forum Booby. Acknowledge your limiting and ridiculous rules have gotten you zip. Seriously. Acknowledge that. Now, if you want to debate the evidences and reasons for your nothing vs my something let's get on with it. You won't. You can't. I'll bet my house you can't give any evidence in this arena that meets the standard.
Get your nothing out of here. You loons are simple bigots with no intentions of searching and seeking. Atheism is a scam like Amway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 28 min NoahLovesU 12,809
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 31 min -Stray Dog 47,846
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 37 min -Stray Dog 247,559
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 1 hr ORIGINAL WILLARD 39
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr Thinking 2,355
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 5 hr Thinking 13
Proof of God for the Atheist 6 hr Amused 130
More from around the web