Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70634 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#68527 Feb 21, 2013
If I could see your god magic god power heck even meet him see him fly or do something anything....that would do it for me..

You exposed me as a sane person who doesnt beleive in myth or anything unproveable...I NEED PROOF FOR ALL THINGS.

Your post are abusive and attacks and nasty...WHAT A GOOD CHRISTIAN YOU ARE WITH YOUR HATE AND VILE SPEWING ATTACKS..How is that christian love working for you.

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#68528 Feb 21, 2013
sickofit wrote:
If I could see your god magic god power heck even meet him see him fly or do something anything....that would do it for me..
You exposed me as a sane person who doesnt beleive in myth or anything unproveable...I NEED PROOF FOR ALL THINGS.
Your post are abusive and attacks and nasty...WHAT A GOOD CHRISTIAN YOU ARE WITH YOUR HATE AND VILE SPEWING ATTACKS..How is that christian love working for you.
I'd love to debate the evidence for the existence of god, but nobody will even claim they have any and present it!
John

United States

#68529 Feb 21, 2013
You choose to ignore I've exposed you and your ahem evidentiary standard. You brought up the God you don't believe in again. You are smitten!

Do you have any evidence in this arena that meets your own criteria?

How do you measure the following possibilities: prime mover, always was, something from nothing. Show your work.

I'll wait for your dodge, or we can skip this dance and just debate your nothing vs my something. I'm sure you realize I at least have a case. You have no good options bigot.

How do you feel about your vote for Obama ensuring millions are hungry and unemployed?
John

United States

#68530 Feb 21, 2013
What a comical, unscientific myth these loons attempt to perpetuate. Public schooling is truly hitting rock bottom.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#68531 Feb 21, 2013
John wrote:
You choose to ignore I've exposed you and your ahem evidentiary standard. You brought up the God you don't believe in again. You are smitten!
How do you measure the following possibilities: prime mover, always was, something from nothing. Show your work.
I'll wait for your dodge, or we can skip this dance and just debate your nothing vs my something. I'm sure you realize I at least have a case. You have no good options bigot.
How do you feel about your vote for Obama ensuring millions are hungry and unemployed?

I did not vote for Obama. I am a REAL TRUE conservative so I vote Libertarian..But I LOVE freedom so cant vote democrat or GOP..

Tell you what when you religous anzi pigs have any proof of your god you have been saying is real for 2000 years then I will give you an answer...I dont care what religion you follow...LUCKY IN USA I DONT HAVE BE FORCED TO FOLLOW IT...How about you live your life like you want and I will live mine as I want. You try to make laws forceing me to follow your religion and I will fight you till I die...
Thinking

Ilminster, UK

#68532 Feb 21, 2013
I have yet to see any evidence of John.

He fails the Turing Test every time.
Rose_NoHo wrote:
Done with John. He won't answer questions, he won't debate. He won't provide any evidence for god.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68533 Feb 21, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is a work of historical fiction. It takes real people and mixes them with fictional ones.
Well, yeah-- you are correct, but too subtle for the likes of that godbot.

:D

They don't do subtle-- it's all 100% or 0% with these people.

:)

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68534 Feb 21, 2013
John wrote:
65,000th nothing.
Okay, lets start with evidence according to YOU.

Begin-- prove your god is real, using evidence according to YOU.

Let's see how far you get, before you make a logical mistake...
John

United States

#68535 Feb 21, 2013

*** You might have missed questions like this for the last 4/5 years lmao. Yep. You are that nuts. A forum about nothing. I don't debate nothing but by all means let's not stop now.****

Atheists don't do questions or evidence.
Thinking

Ilminster, UK

#68536 Feb 21, 2013
Prove it.
John wrote:
Atheists don't do questions or evidence.

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#68537 Feb 21, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>Well he won't, Heaven doesn't exist.
First part right! Second part Wrong:(

Now quite Ho.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#68538 Feb 21, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>There is no law.

But.

NONE of your fictional disciples-- repeat--NONE-- lived to see the written gospels.

NONE.

That means? That ALL FOUR of your gospels were written by OTHER PEOPLE--NOT EYEWITNESSES.

So, there you go!

Zero eyewitnesses to your Jewsus-boy.
"Zero eyewitnesses to your Jewsus-boy"

LOL!

Thousand of eye-witnesses!

"Jesus' 12 disciples had just returned from a missionary journey he had sent them on. After they told him all they had done and taught, he took them with him in a boat on the Sea of Galilee to a remote place, for rest and prayer.

Great crowds of people in the area heard that Jesus was near. They ran to see him, bringing their sick friends and relatives. When the boat landed, Jesus saw all the men, women and children and had compassion on them. He taught them about the Kingdom of God and healed those who were sick.

Looking at the crowd, which numbered about 5,000 men, not counting women and children, Jesus asked his disciple Philip, "Where shall we buy bread for these people to eat?" (John 6:5, NIV) Jesus knew what he was going to do, but he asked Philip to test him. Philip replied that even eight months' wages would not be enough to give each person even one bite of bread.

Andrew, Simon Peter's brother, had more faith in Jesus. He brought forward a young boy who had five small loaves of barley bread and two small fish. Even so, Andrew wondered how that could help.

Jesus ordered the crowd to sit down in groups of fifty. He took the five loaves, looked up to heaven, gave thanks to God his Father, and passed them to his disciples to be distributed. He did the same with the two fish.

Everyone—men, women and children—ate as much as they wanted! Jesus miraculously multiplied the loaves and fishes so there was more than enough. Then he told his disciples to gather the leftovers so nothing was wasted. They collected enough to fill 12 baskets.

The crowd was so overwhelmed by this miracle that they understood Jesus was the prophet who had been promised. Knowing they would want to force him to become their king, Jesus fled from them."

Langoliers

Location hidden

#68539 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>I love how you have a magic mind-reading ray, such that you are able to READ MY MIND.

Wow.

You ought to patent that-- quick!
You broadcast your thoughts very well.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#68540 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>Nope-- the only point you prove, is that you are just another godbot-assh()le.

Again: atheists HAVE NO BELIEF IN GODS.

That's it.

Your dictionary is incomplete-- all it has is your strawman/godbot lie as a "definition".

Why do you lie like this?
Oh! you're an assh()le... I nearly forgot...
Oh come now. Still stuck on that are you? Well you're wrong still.

Oh how was church this weekend?

Wikipedia
"Positive atheism (also called strong atheism and hard atheism) is the form of atheism that asserts that no deities exist.[1]Negative atheism (also called weak atheism and soft atheism) is any other type of atheism, wherein a person does not believe in the existence of any deities, but does not explicitly assert there to be none.[1][2][3]

The terms negative atheism and positive atheism were used by Antony Flew in 1976,[1] and appeared again in Michael Martin's writings in 1990.[4] However, usage of the strong/weak terminology has grown since the mid-1990s on the Internet, particularly due to the newsgroup alt.atheism.[better source needed][5]"

Langoliers

Location hidden

#68541 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>I've read the bible-- cover-to-cover, not skipping a single word-- 100's of times.

And guess what?

IT IS NOT EVEN A LITTLE BIT HISTORICAL.

Yes-- I had to yell, because you are a proven assh9le, and you are also quite dense.

The bible is NOT historical--it's 100% fictional hearsay.

Or more accurately, gossip.

Pity you.
You're wrong but the. What else is new?

How's that peep hole show going?

Panorama City, CA

#68543 Feb 21, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I have yet to see any evidence of John.
He fails the Turing Test every time.
<quoted text>
LOL. Ask him to post something other than the 4 or 5 posts he copy/pastes. See if he can come up with some actual evidence for god.:)

Panorama City, CA

#68544 Feb 21, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
First part right! Second part Wrong:(
Now quite Ho.
Provide some evidence heaven exists.
You can't.
You'll just make some lame "Ho" joke.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#68545 Feb 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting that you didn't provide the link to where you got your definition ... more interesting that you only posted on portion of the definition. But that's all besides the point, you are playing semantics, and thus you lose the argument from the start.
It's the whole definition and it was copied straight out of my Merriam-Webster app.

You lose but then you always lose so nothing new there.

athe·ist\ˈā-thē-ist\
noun
: one who believes that there is no deity
athe·is·tic \ˌā-thē-ˈis-tik\ or athe·is·ti·cal \ˌā-thē-ˈis-ti-kəl\ adjective
athe·is·ti·cal·ly \-ti-k(ə-)lē\ adverb
First use: 1551

LOL

It's so funny you all call yourselves atheist but you can't stand what that word means. LOL

Langoliers

Location hidden

#68546 Feb 21, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>Provide some evidence heaven exists.
You can't.
You'll just make some lame "Ho" joke.
I could but only my wife is allowed to see that heaven on earth.

Panorama City, CA

#68547 Feb 21, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the whole definition and it was copied straight out of my Merriam-Webster app.
You lose but then you always lose so nothing new there.
athe·ist\ˈā-thē-ist\
noun
: one who believes that there is no deity
athe·is·tic \ˌā-thē-ˈis-tik\ or athe·is·ti·cal \ˌā-thē-ˈis-ti-kəl\ adjective
athe·is·ti·cal·ly \-ti-k(ə-)lē\ adverb
First use: 1551
LOL
It's so funny you all call yourselves atheist but you can't stand what that word means. LOL
Look, it's important to be clear about the meanings of words you us, but there is a point at which being nit-picky about the definition of words is just a distraction.
Do you have any kind of point?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 min One way or another 33,826
News Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr ChristineM 23,865
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr ChristineM 20,040
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr ChristineM 255,480
News Your atheism isn&#x27;t going to keep your... (Apr '14) 1 hr superwilly 151
There are no such things as gods or fairies 2 hr Eagle 12 72
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 2 hr Eagle 12 4,443
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 4 hr ChristineM 14,797
More from around the web