Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments
65,361 - 65,380 of 70,983 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 5

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#68128 Feb 13, 2013
John wrote:
The bottom line is this is an atheism forum and you can't even meet your own standards for evidence LOL. I've exposed repeatedly tgat not only do you not have any evidence, but you have no real way to quantify it. You are obviously in no position to be the arbiters of evidence, but graciously I've offered to debate the evidences and reasons to believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief you choose. Your cowardice is not hidden by your loud and repetitive nothing.
I'm sure you are aware of the many disciplines and great thinkers that consider a prime mover the logical, rational belief. This is your forum. I am not here to convince you of anything, but I will expose your bigotry and revel in your failure.
Atheism exposed 101!
any rational person would realize that the total and complete lack of evidence would support the idea of not buying into any of the rekigious dogma polluting our planet...

seems you have been given your prooof over and over again, but you are blind to it...

St. Croix valley

#68129 Feb 13, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
More claims of evidence but no evidence LOL. Some other claims of evidence have been the word evolution, logical, rational, big bang.
still not one shred of evidence for your god? why not?
sickofit

Faribault, MN

#68130 Feb 13, 2013
John wrote:
Watch Woodticks convoluted attempts to make faith and science enemies LOL. The scientific method is a Christian device. The big bang is a Christian submission. Woodticks kind is terrible for science. He prefers his agenda over real science. Anyway, nothing to see here but tangents to sidetrack us from the loons nothing.
One day someone from Iowa got mad at all the jokes about there state that Minnesota told. So they took stick of dynamite and threw it across the border. A Minnesotan picked it up lite it and threw it back.....

LOL NOW PROVE YOUR GOD IS REAL OR SHUT UP....IT IS 2013 ENOUGH IS ENOUGH OF THIS STONEAGE BS.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#68131 Feb 13, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you to say what science can and can't explain? You are scientifically illiterate, not even believing in evolution - a proven fact just like gravity.
It's better you just f*ck off back to your failed cult instead of spreading your ignorance here.
Science cannot explain What made the SOMETHING expand suddenly. It cannot explain where it came from. But now, if you think you can do better, genius, give it shot.

St. Croix valley

#68132 Feb 13, 2013
John wrote:
Watch Woodticks convoluted attempts to make faith and science enemies LOL. The scientific method is a Christian device. The big bang is a Christian submission. Woodticks kind is terrible for science. He prefers his agenda over real science. Anyway, nothing to see here but tangents to sidetrack us from the loons nothing.
No, the scientific method was around before your religion was invented by man.

sorry charlie..facts are fun!

St. Croix valley

#68133 Feb 13, 2013
John wrote:
Why do you havce to openly lie to try to support your beliefs? i provide verifiable facts to back up scientific theories.

Why can't you do the same to back up your beliefs?
sickofit

Faribault, MN

#68134 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Science cannot explain What made the SOMETHING expand suddenly. It cannot explain where it came from. But now, if you think you can do better, genius, give it shot.
Religion can explain NOTHING. Atleast science has some proof and facts behind it. Religion has nothing. BUT BLIND FAITH OF IGNORANT SHEEP.

Location hidden

#68135 Feb 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>but science led us to the idea that it was something that expanded into our universe, and the evidence backs up that idea.
What evidence? Science can't tell you what caused that singular...that SOMETHING to expand suddenly. It can't tell you where it came from.
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the evidence also supports the idea that life on Earth started with the simplest of life forms and then evolved into higher and higher life forms.
Again, what evidence? There is no scientific evidence that explains what "caused" dead matter to spring to life so that it could begin to evolve into forms.
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>ain't science grand?!?
on the other hand, ther e is as yet not one shred of evidence that was ever any god, gods or goddesses that did anything ever. so that idea isn't even in the discussion yet, if such evidence ever comes to light, then it will be looked at objectievly.
Science has no evidence regarding the origin of the universe or the origin of life on earth and yet you believe it does. You have as much "faith" in science, then, as the religious have in God.

Location hidden

#68136 Feb 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you havce to openly lie to try to support your beliefs? i provide verifiable facts to back up scientific theories.
Why can't you do the same to back up your beliefs?
You have no verifiable facts. You have beliefs and you have supported your beliefs with NOTHING. ZERO.

Location hidden

#68137 Feb 13, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion can explain NOTHING. Atleast science has some proof and facts behind it. Religion has nothing. BUT BLIND FAITH OF IGNORANT SHEEP.
Science has NOTHING to explain what CAUSED SOMETHING to suddenly expand. Any belief that it does, requires blind faith. You are therefore as much a sheeple as you claim the religious are.
sickofit

Faribault, MN

#68138 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Science has NOTHING to explain what CAUSED SOMETHING to suddenly expand. Any belief that it does, requires blind faith. You are therefore as much a sheeple as you claim the religious are.
Yes they do. Dont have all the answers but do have some idea. RELIGION HAS NOTHING..........

Even if it was all faith evolution(big bang) makes alot more sennse then a flying space jew who is all powerfull...THAT IS DUMB.

St. Croix valley

#68139 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no verifiable facts. You have beliefs and you have supported your beliefs with NOTHING. ZERO.
In fact, i have given yo page after page of verifiable facts. why do feel the need to openly lie about that? Why can't you discuss your beliefs honestly?

St. Croix valley

#68140 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
What evidence? Science can't tell you what caused that singular...that SOMETHING to expand suddenly. It can't tell you where it came from.
<quoted text>
Again, what evidence? There is no scientific evidence that explains what "caused" dead matter to spring to life so that it could begin to evolve into forms.
<quoted text>
Science has no evidence regarding the origin of the universe or the origin of life on earth and yet you believe it does. You have as much "faith" in science, then, as the religious have in God.
no, like i very clearly stated, it led us to the idea in the first place and all the facts suggest that it did expand.

again that is not what i said, the evidence suggests exactly what i said it suggests.

again you are incorrect. science gives us many verifiable facts suggesting how all this started (both of your points.)

why do you feel the need to lie about that?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#68141 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't know yet, then you know NOTHING about the origin of the universe.
So we know nothing of how electricity works? We know nothing of how gravity works? We know nothing of how chemicals react?

Hey, if we didn't know eight after we climbed from the trees, then we know nothing of how anything works, that is your assertion here.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#68142 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Why do you ask for something you have already been presented with, this is the dishonesty of the christian, and the self defense mechanism you employ when faced with reality itself. Present evidence of your god first.

Location hidden

#68143 Feb 13, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So we know nothing of how electricity works? We know nothing of how gravity works? We know nothing of how chemicals react?
Hey, if we didn't know eight after we climbed from the trees, then we know nothing of how anything works, that is your assertion here.
A power grid, a falling apple, a mixture of baking soda and vinegar doesn't come close to explaining what caused SOMETHING to expand suddenly to form an entire universe.

Because science postulates a sketchy theory of the origin of the universe, all subsequent theories regarding cosmic beginnings will be incomplete.
sickofit

Faribault, MN

#68144 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
A power grid, a falling apple, a mixture of baking soda and vinegar doesn't come close to explaining what caused SOMETHING to expand suddenly to form an entire universe.
Because science postulates a sketchy theory of the origin of the universe, all subsequent theories regarding cosmic beginnings will be incomplete.
How do you think all was made? AND DONT JUST SAY GOD DID IT....that is not explaining it just being ignorant.

Location hidden

#68145 Feb 13, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you ask for something you have already been presented with, this is the dishonesty of the christian, and the self defense mechanism you employ when faced with reality itself. Present evidence of your god first.
If you can believe without evidence that nothing caused SOMETHING to form the universe, you cannot find fault with the Christian who believes God created the universe without scientific evidence. To do so, is to be completely irrational.
sickofit

Faribault, MN

#68146 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can believe without evidence that nothing caused SOMETHING to form the universe, you cannot find fault with the Christian who believes God created the universe without scientific evidence. To do so, is to be completely irrational.
WE DO HAVE PROOF FOOL.....Just because you ignorant uneducated religous morons cant understand the proof doesnt make it real.

St. Croix valley

#68147 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah dude...you should DEFINITELY try to match intellects with kittencoder...

can you folks hang on while i go make popcorn?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Tuco Blondie 226,297
Our world came from nothing? 17 min _Bad Company 419
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 26 min Mikko 45
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 41 min Patrick 27
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 50 min Patrick 172
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 54 min Patrick 21,501
100% Faith Free 4 hr Thinking 11
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••