Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,983

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Full Story

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68008 Feb 12, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
20th century soaked in
the blood of
atheist governments.
East Germany, the wall, shooting people
who wished to leave.
Stalin
Himler
Hitler
Mao
Zinoviev
Kaminev
Fidel Castro
Lenin
Trotsky
Twentieth century atheists in power
resulted in mass murder.
America regards you guys as a joke
None of those did ANYTHING in the NAME OF athiesm, stupid.

And several were NOT ATHEISTS.

Take Hitler: he was a Genuine Catholic™ up until the day he died. The pope of that day, blessed Nazism, as the fulfillment of murdering all those "christ killers".

Or Mao-- he wasn't atheist either-- he worshiped his dead ancestors, a spiritualist.

Since you are wrong about those? I suspect you are wrong about the rest as well.

That's what you True Believers™ do: you lie.

You must.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68009 Feb 12, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even close. There's an old saying, "When the student is ready, the teacher appears." You're not ready yet.
Correct: to be a True Believer™?

You need to get a frontal lobotomy first.

Then you can mindless repeat "goddidit".

Just as YOU do.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68010 Feb 12, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
You might say that. I mean you spew your lie BS about some god. Lies and myth is all you religous freaks have...WE SANE PEOPLE USE SCIENCE AND FACTS....
You should try it.
He can't.

His brains have all leaked out his nose...

... meh.

Sad, ain't it?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68011 Feb 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Stop being a pussyassbitch and answer the question. Do you reject the notion that a god had anything to do with the formation of the universe?
Yes or no will do.
Watch as he refuses to answer a simple yes or no question. So funny their cowardice!
<quoted text>
Cowardice is one of the "tells" that marks a True Believer™ after all.

They are unwilling to face the fact that they are NOT "cosmically significant to the greater universe".

Sad.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68012 Feb 12, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
There is some good things in there, like some of the proverbs and poetry. But a lot of nonsense, legends, and boring lists of geneologies and things.
All, without exception, of the more useful stuff in the buybull can be found elsewhere, in secular philosophies and the like.

As such, there is nothing worth preserving in the buybull-- especially as how most of it's plagiarized from older myths.

On the other hand, I suppose preserving it as a warning to future generations has some, small merit.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68013 Feb 12, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
If an atheist rewrote the Bible, it would be a conglomeration of blank pages, a dead give-away. FYI the Bible was rewritten by Thomas Jefferson supporting Christianity as he saw it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_Bible
I've seen Jefferson's bible.

He stripped out >>all<< divinity from Jesus, as Jefferson believed the man to be no more than a man.

Of course, Jefferson was not privy to newer findings, which pretty much show that there never was a man "jesus" as depicted.

Rather "jesus" is an amalgam of hundreds of different holy-men's tales, including a great many fictional/mythic tales.

But Jefferson was on to something: he cheerfully deleted the sh7t from the bible he did not like.

In contrast to YOU.

You worship the BuyBull so much, you are too afraid to delete the horrible bits.

Why?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68014 Feb 12, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see the a difference when science rewrites its theories all the time.
Of course you don't see it.

This is because you are unacquainted with the meaning of the words "fact" or "evidence".

Science? Because it IS fact-based?

It >>must<< rewrite the theories to fit NEW facts.

If it simply ignored these new facts?

That would not be science.

That would be...

... religion.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68015 Feb 12, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet atheists are on the march in America trying to convert folks to their way of thinking using a collection of scientific fables, inferences and opinion.
Reality is fact-based.

Which is why your religion is ...

... failing.

Sad for you.
John

East Saint Louis, IL

#68016 Feb 12, 2013
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle thought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence DREW, Curious, Mikey,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 65,275 plus posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#68017 Feb 12, 2013
So very true. They love throwing around their zero fact or proof opinion and demand it is fact yet ask them a question that requires reason and they run like their @ss was on fire and their hair catching.

It is almost comical the lengths they will go to in order to avoid having to answer a question

Lol!
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Cowardice is one of the "tells" that marks a True Believer™ after all.
They are unwilling to face the fact that they are NOT "cosmically significant to the greater universe".
Sad.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#68018 Feb 12, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists prefer to believe science's meaningless universe fable. That way, when they discover their lives are totally pointless, they can't be disappointed.
Still waiting for ANY evidence of god's existence.

North Hollywood, CA

#68019 Feb 12, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
20th century soaked in
the blood of
atheist governments.
East Germany, the wall, shooting people
who wished to leave.
Stalin
Himler
Hitler
Mao
Zinoviev
Kaminev
Fidel Castro
Lenin
Trotsky
Twentieth century atheists in power
resulted in mass murder.
America regards you guys as a joke
Unless they killed in the name of atheism, the fact belief in a god was not part of their governments is a non-issue.
But people have killed in the name of various gods.

North Hollywood, CA

#68020 Feb 12, 2013
StarsplashTaiwan wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible to me is just a very good guide on how to live ur life. And thats all it should be viewed as. But people are using it to in a way that ignores the physical realities of life and of the world. With all the proven science in the world, the stories in the bible are just that: legends, nonsence and stories.
And you have people that are taking these stories and convicting other people of heresy when they see the bible as just stories and legends. This kind of perverted desperate psychology is really facinating.
I don't see it as a good guide at all. It says people who pick up sticks on a Saturday should be tortured to death. In it, god orders genocides. Women are given an inferior position, told to STFU in church and obey their husbands. Remember the story of the woman caught in adultery who was going to be tortured to death? Well, she had to be caught with some guy, why wasn't he going to be punished?

North Hollywood, CA

#68021 Feb 12, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Because that's how science should work. Duh. Have you ever taken a science class?
John

East Saint Louis, IL

#68022 Feb 12, 2013
Still waiting for one example of evidence in this arena that meets the antitheists criteria. What a joke. As if your lunacy wasn't sad behind closed doors you create a forum about nothing.

As if you whackos are going to decide anything. Go watch your masters State of the Disunion address.

Nothing to see here folks. No evidence. No accountable position. Not one of these pseudointellectuals will dare compare their nothing to my something.
John

East Saint Louis, IL

#68023 Feb 12, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Because that's how science should work. Duh. Have you ever taken a science class?
Sure have. Something from nothing is illogical. Make up an ahem natural beginning. Get your nothing out of here!

How does Rose quantify evidence. Which is most or least likely: always was, prime mover, something from nothing. Show your work Rose. LOL. Don't wait for an answer Rose gets stumped quite easily. So now that we know this isn't about evidence this forum really is an insane asylum.

United States

#68024 Feb 12, 2013
Lol exactly! The church goers hear how science progresses, advances, improves as more an more data becomes available! Gasp!!

What sorcery is this?!!
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>

St. Croix valley

#68025 Feb 12, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Woodschtick57 <--------ad absurdum
you do not understand what ad absurdum means. You don't seem to understand any of what you re talking about.
John

East Saint Louis, IL

#68026 Feb 12, 2013
You skipped the questions to present your evidence free bigotry.

St. Croix valley

#68027 Feb 12, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Science doesn't claim to be the immutable law of a god. in fact the science is supposed to change its trheories as more information is gained.

learning is fun!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min EXPERT 232,921
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 8 min serfs up 2,319
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 38 min _Bad Company 147
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists 3 hr Thinking 3
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 12 hr Mikko 2
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 14 hr Thinking 3
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) Sat polymath257 23,199
More from around the web