Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,983

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Full Story

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#67968 Feb 12, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Um ... phlebotomy is actually anything dealing with blood medically, you see a phlebotomist when you have blood drawn for tests, it's not much blood, it's just for tests. You need to actually read the facts about things before you run with them. Sheesh.
Duh....the withdrawal of blood, whatever the amount and by whatever means for the purpose of diagnosis or treatment is still bloodletting. The word phlebotomy (meaning to cut a vein in Greek) is derived from the practice of bloodletting. Therapeutic phlebotomy is the drawing of a unit of blood in specific cases like hemochromatosis, polycythemia vera, porphyria cutanea tarda, etc. to reduce the amount of red blood cells.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#67969 Feb 12, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh....the withdrawal of blood, whatever the amount and by whatever means for the purpose of diagnosis or treatment is still bloodletting. The word phlebotomy (meaning to cut a vein in Greek) is derived from the practice of bloodletting. Therapeutic phlebotomy is the drawing of a unit of blood in specific cases like hemochromatosis, polycythemia vera, porphyria cutanea tarda, etc. to reduce the amount of red blood cells.
It's a pity you're not that smart at finding evidence for god.

Location hidden

#67970 Feb 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Whereas you think god did it all right?
<quoted text>
What I think about the origin and meaning of the universe is too complicated for your closed mind, Sparky. Let's just say, "There are more things in the cosmos and on earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
sickofit

Faribault, MN

#67971 Feb 12, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
What I think about the origin and meaning of the universe is too complicated for your closed mind, Sparky. Let's just say, "There are more things in the cosmos and on earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
Thing is you think your god poofed all to be..That is where you stop. Educated pople no we understand REAL facts.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#67972 Feb 12, 2013
You reject the natural observable explanation and prefer a supernatural god created everything. It's not complicated it's childish.
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#67973 Feb 12, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Thing is you think your god poofed all to be..That is where you stop. Educated pople no we understand REAL facts.
Next, you'll be telling me the moon is made of green cheese. LOL!
Lincoln

United States

#67974 Feb 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
You reject the natural observable explanation and prefer a supernatural god created everything. It's not complicated it's childish.
<quoted text>
20th century soaked in
the blood of
atheist governments.

East Germany, the wall, shooting people
who wished to leave.

Stalin
Himler
Hitler
Mao
Zinoviev
Kaminev
Fidel Castro
Lenin
Trotsky

Twentieth century atheists in power
resulted in mass murder.

America regards you guys as a joke

Location hidden

#67975 Feb 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even close. There's an old saying, "When the student is ready, the teacher appears." You're not ready yet.

United States

#67976 Feb 12, 2013
So you reject the notion of a god having any role whatsoever in the creation of the universe?
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even close. There's an old saying, "When the student is ready, the teacher appears." You're not ready yet.

Location hidden

#67977 Feb 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
So you reject the notion of a god having any role whatsoever in the creation of the universe?
<quoted text>
I reject your supposition that the universe is the result of happenstance.

St. Croix valley

#67978 Feb 12, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhhch*bullshit*oooo....'scuse me...

in all the time it took you to post your silly stories about bloodletting, you could have easily explained this complicated theory of yours...unless it too, like the bloodletting 'facts' you gave, is pure bullshit.

St. Croix valley

#67979 Feb 12, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
20th century soaked in
the blood of
atheist governments.
who wished to leave.
Stalin
Himler
Hitler
Mao
Zinoviev
Kaminev
Fidel Castro
Lenin
Trotsky
resulted in mass murder.
but it was people of faith doing all that killing for those gov'ts. Why is the faith so weak that they will kill for a tyrant to save their own skin, even though their faith tells them it is wrong.

the catholic church led by exampole in this way in WWII, didn't they? just turn your back to save your own skin.

seems it was really the religious doing all the killing.

Reality, history and the facts are fun!

St. Croix valley

#67980 Feb 12, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you spend so much time trying to discredit a non-issue. Funny!
no, i am just correcting all your, and others' mistakes about the real world.

http://xkcd.com/386/
sickofit

Faribault, MN

#67981 Feb 12, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Next, you'll be telling me the moon is made of green cheese. LOL!
You might say that. I mean you spew your lie BS about some god. Lies and myth is all you religous freaks have...WE SANE PEOPLE USE SCIENCE AND FACTS....

You should try it.
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

#67982 Feb 12, 2013
Pay up.
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
20th century soaked in
the blood of
atheist governments.
who wished to leave.
Stalin
Himler
Hitler
Mao
Zinoviev
Kaminev
Fidel Castro
Lenin
Trotsky
resulted in mass murder.

Lexington, KY

#67983 Feb 12, 2013
Stop being a pussyassbitch and answer the question. Do you reject the notion that a god had anything to do with the formation of the universe?

Yes or no will do.

Watch as he refuses to answer a simple yes or no question. So funny their cowardice!
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>

St. Croix valley

#67984 Feb 12, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Pay up.
<quoted text>
people pay you to be incorrect? cool!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#67985 Feb 12, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
You can reject whatever you like. The fact remains the big bang is the likeliest thing to have happened and you are a by product of evolution.

Just because you suffer from a mental illness does not mean that your opinions have any effect on the reality that we all share.

Part of your mental illness is that you think you are superior to scientists that have a greater understanding of the universe than you.
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

#67986 Feb 12, 2013
Apropos nothing at all, how popular were the termites and woodticks on that mythical ark?
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>people pay you to be incorrect? cool!

Since: Feb 12

Taipei, Taiwan

#67987 Feb 12, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists prefer to believe science's meaningless universe fable. That way, when they discover their lives are totally pointless, they can't be disappointed.
The same can be applied to the bible since its also a fable as well, but with no evidence. Only a story that could be made up by anyone.

I could of written the bible and you wouldn't know about it. Thats how far-ffetched ur bible is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min Aura Mytha 231,958
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 49 min Morse 1,034
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 4 hr Morse 27
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 4 hr Morse 14,450
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 7 hr QUITTNER Nov 27 2014 31
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 13 hr Richardfs 1,423
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 20 hr Gillette 5,946

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE