Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70645 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68265 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
You are no rationalist if you cannot answer my questions. What CAUSED Something to suddenly expand and form the universe and where did it come from?
One thing I do know?

Is that it wasn't your nothing-god.

That is quite certain: for you are just another Genuine Christian™.

And your evil, do-nothing BuyBull god is a nothing-- does not exist.

So whatever caused this initial expansion (I named several possibilities-- all of which are beyond your feeble mind) it was NOT your nothing-god.

That is as sure as the sun is hot.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#68266 Feb 13, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't giving boxes of rocks enough credit.
OK, a box of really, really stupid rocks that were left in a brain dead state by a tragic bus accident...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68267 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Science says SOMETHING went bang but it cannot explain what it was or where it came from. This version is even more nebulous than the Christian's idea of creation! And worse, you believe it! Why?
No- I do not believe it.

Belief is self-induced brain-damage after all.

I go where the FACTS point-- and currently, the FACTS point to the big bang theory.

Your nothing-god? Is still a nothing. Your BuyBull god is not real.

You are an ass, if you think it's "either or".

It's not.

EVEN IF THE BIG BANG WAS WRONG?

Your god would STILL be a nothing.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68268 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have no CAUSE, you have proof of NOTHING.
Your nothing-god is still nothing.

There are NO FACTS that support your nothing- buybull god.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68269 Feb 13, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
What-A-Dingbat!
Yes-- all True Believers™ are dingbats.

Good of you to admit that!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68270 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are going to assert that "there is no reason to even entertain the idea" that God exists, then you must provide more than opinion to substantiate your position.
1) throughout history, there has never been an event that requires a god to explain.

2) you cannot show one single FACT that proves your god is real

All you need to do? To show atheism is wrong?

Is simple: produce one (1) god.

That's it!

Can you do it?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68271 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
The solution is easy. Answer the questions.
1) throughout history, there has never been an event that requires a god to explain.

That's it!

Can you do it?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68272 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
The burdon of proof is a two-way street. If you are going to make claims that God does not exist, then you must be prepared to substantiate your claims with evidence.

That's it!

Can you do it?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68273 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
This shouldn't stop you from thinking about it. If it does then you're not interested in knowing the answers.
<quoted text>
An opinion, not evidence.
Still not proof of your god.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68274 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
If you answer is true, than there is evidence to support it. Provide that evidence.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68275 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Since science is your source of truth and it cannot tell you if God does or does not exist, cannot provide evidence one way or the other...why persist in believing what science cannot prove?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68276 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Your brain cells have stagnated, Gomer, and it has affected your ability to spell. LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68277 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I don't know about that. Einstein had a pretty good idea. "God does not play dice with the Universe."
Einstein's "god" was the very laws of the universe-- he did not believe in a "personal god" of any kind. Nada.

So his idea of god? Was the laws that govern the universe-- the unsentient, unfeeling, not-at-a-aware laws.

So no-- you cannot use Einstein to support your stupidity.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68278 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
I know all about the inconsistencies in the Bible, but what makes you assume that Genesis is the ONLY version of creation, lamebrain?
John

United States

#68279 Feb 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i give you evidence all the time, i answer your questions. i never voted for obama.
any thing else you want to lie about?
What i can honestly point out is that it seems to be the religious people on this site that lie time and time again. Openly. why is that?
BS. Do you have one example of evidence in this arena that meets your evidentiary standard? You don't, yet your entire forum has ignored this simple truth since 2009. Your forum is nothing but a farce.
John

United States

#68280 Feb 13, 2013
Still a forum of cowards ill equipped or prepared to debate their nothing vs my something. My accountable position is a prime mover. Many disciplines.consider this the most plausible possibility. On the other hand is the illogical nothing. A scientific impossibility without a lick of evidence. No wonder Bob and the other loons have seizures in here every day about nothing LOL. I don't debate nothing. Especially when I've exposed your entire process.

So once again dozens of bigots will be checked and fail to challenge the prime mover. Nothing to it.

John

United States

#68281 Feb 13, 2013
Remember these loons don't believe in God. They sure do spend a bizzare amount of time in an uproar over his nonexistence.

March, march, who knows why, march, march, gotta try, march, march,

Since: Feb 12

Taipei, Taiwan

#68282 Feb 13, 2013
John wrote:
Still a forum of cowards ill equipped or prepared to debate their nothing vs my something. My accountable position is a prime mover. Many disciplines.consider this the most plausible possibility. On the other hand is the illogical nothing. A scientific impossibility without a lick of evidence. No wonder Bob and the other loons have seizures in here every day about nothing LOL. I don't debate nothing. Especially when I've exposed your entire process.
So once again dozens of bigots will be checked and fail to challenge the prime mover. Nothing to it.
Pretty sure you are showing you are one too.

And you haven't exposed anything. All you do is call people names.

Since: Feb 12

Taipei, Taiwan

#68283 Feb 13, 2013
Bbsting is clearly not proving anything nor can he. I have not seen one attempt where he's tried to be intellectual about this. He's just throwing the same questions back to us. When he does get an answer, he ignores us and then throws the same questions back to us.

Trolls are ugly and stupid. This john douchbag is clearly worse, but you two both suck

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#68284 Feb 14, 2013
StarsplashTaiwan wrote:
Bbsting is clearly not proving anything nor can he. I have not seen one attempt where he's tried to be intellectual about this. He's just throwing the same questions back to us. When he does get an answer, he ignores us and then throws the same questions back to us.
Trolls are ugly and stupid. This john douchbag is clearly worse, but you two both suck
What answers? All I've gotten from you dead head atheists is a lot of blathering equivocation. John's right. You got NOTHING, ZERO. You will have to do better than that if you want to convert the world to atheism. Times a-wastin'. Better get your game on. The deadline is 2038. LMAO!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 min Science 32,232
Religion sux ? 25 min ban all cults 2
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 27 min Science 821
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) 31 min ban islam 4,316
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 41 min Science 77,000
News Fox Friends Outraged Over Atheists 'Making Chri... (Dec '16) 9 hr Frindly 291
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Mon John 258,478
More from around the web