Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,981

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Full Story

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#67883 Feb 10, 2013
John wrote:
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle thought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence DREW, Curious, Mikey,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 65,120 plus posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!
Note to lurkers:
John refuses to debate. He just posts the same 3 or 4 posts over and over.
He's been asked many times to present evidence for god, but he doesn't.
He lies and says we haven't presented accountable positions.
I've posted mine many times, he won't deal with it.
1. If god exists, there is evidence of his existence.
2. There is no evidence of god's existence.
3. There is no god.

Point 1 is very important, but John won't even discus it. There are many things that could exist, yet we have no evidence of their existence. There could be life on other planets. But since god is supposed to be all powerful, all knowing, truthful and involved in our lives, surely there would be lots of evidence of his existence. I even feel there would be so much evidence, we wouldn't be having a debate on the topic.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#67885 Feb 10, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Why the need to break the years like a football field. 100 BCE 50 BCE. 100 CE
150 CE?
Why the break in years at the same point that BC Before Christ and AD the year of our Lord broke the year down?
Why are your dates still centered around the life of Christ?
This is very simple, it's our culture. There are other cultures that have calendars that have nothing to do with the figure of Jesus. Our calendar also revolves around other "gods". Look at the names of our weekdays and months.
rider

Marquette, MI

#67886 Feb 10, 2013
The National Prayer Breakfast-c-street/the Christian mafia
EXPOSÉ: THE “CHRISTIAN” MAFIA
EXPOSÉ: THE “CHRISTIAN” MAFIA . Where Those Who Now Run the U.S. Government Came From and Where They Are Taking Us . By Wayne Madsen . Part I
www.insider-magazine.com/christianmafia.htm - Cached

Christian mafia: the Family at C Street - Portland ...
Washington D.C. is home to the self-styled Christian mafia, a secretive Christian fundamentalist organization with deep ties to power elites in the US and ...
www.examiner.com/article/christian-mafia-the-... ...- Cached
More results from examiner.com »
Expose: The Christian Mafia PART I I by Wayne Madsen
This Expose’ was a previous post on: Insider Magazine . Visit the author’s website: Wayne Madsen ...
www.exminister.org/Madsen-Christian-mafia-sec... - Cached

The Family:'Christian Mafia' rules US?- YouTube
A group known as the Christian mafia is the oldest and arguably the most powerful and influential religious rights organization in the United States, says ...
www.youtube.com/watch... - Cached.Play Video.
More results from youtube.com »
Inside the “Christian Mafia”| Harper's Magazine
They proudly call themselves the “Christian Mafia.” With the political careers of two high-profile members, Mark Sanford and John Ensign, now in meltdown, a ...
harpers.org/blog/2009/07/inside-the-christian... - Cached

The Fellowship (Christian organization)- Wikipedia, the free ...
The Fellowship, also known as the Family, is a U.S.-based religious and political organization founded in 1935 by Abraham Vereide. The stated purpose of the ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fellowship_ (Christian...- Cached
More results from en.wikipedia.org »
THE CHRISTIAN MAFIA - WITH TIES TO INTELLIGENCE, MILITARY AND ...
http://www.unhealthyearth.com/2012/07 ...... LEAVE A COMMENT IF YOU THINK MY VIDEOS SHOW POLICE HARASSMENT, GANG STALKING OR MIND CONTROL. READ COLIN ...
www.youtube.com/watch... - Cached.Play Video.

EXPOSÉ: THE “CHRISTIAN” MAFIA, By Wayne Madsen (LONG ...
EXPOSÉ: THE “CHRISTIAN” MAFIA Where Those Who Now Run the U.S. Government Came From and Where They Are Taking Us By Wayne Madsen Part I A fter several months of ...
www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard... ...- Cached

Conspiracy Planet - Phony Religion - The Fellowship ...
The Fellowship:'Christian' Mafia Conspiracy (2)(continued) by WAYNE MADSEN. They could be forgiven for their transgressions because they had submitted to God (the ...
www.conspiracyplanet.com/channel.cfm... ;...- Cached

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#67887 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Ummm, except that they were bloodletting for reasons that we know were false.
it may be funny that we now know it may help for some things, but they were not onto anything mystical or magical, they were killing more people than they were helping because they were acting upon myths...
Bloodletting survived for thousands of years precisely because it produced positive results. If a majority of those treated with bloodletting died, its practictioners would have been out of business very quickly.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#67888 Feb 10, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Bloodletting survived for thousands of years precisely because it produced positive results. If a majority of those treated with bloodletting died, its practictioners would have been out of business very quickly.
No, it did not produce positive results. where di you get that bullshit?

Location hidden

#67890 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, it did not produce positive results. where di you get that bullshit?
History.

St. Croix valley

#67891 Feb 10, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
History.
you mean the people who said it works recorded that it worked?

sure pal, sure.

Location hidden

#67892 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you mean the people who said it works recorded that it worked?
sure pal, sure.
I mean the same history you use to discredit Christianity, Goober.

St. Croix valley

#67893 Feb 10, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
I mean the same history you use to discredit Christianity, Goober.
please show me this history that says it was so effective.

Location hidden

#67894 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>please show me this history that says it was so effective.
Crack a book once and awhile. Visit your local library.

St. Croix valley

#67895 Feb 10, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Crack a book once and awhile. Visit your local library.
i have. i am on the local library board.

again, what history can you show about eh effectiveness you lied about?

sucks to be caught out in a lie, huh?

Location hidden

#67896 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i have. i am on the local library board.
again, what history can you show about eh effectiveness you lied about?
sucks to be caught out in a lie, huh?
I don't believe you.

St. Croix valley

#67897 Feb 10, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe you.
Good for you. lets see..you ie about this supposed 'history' and then you have the audacity to call me a liar...hmmm

why would i care what you think?
John

United States

#67898 Feb 10, 2013
Almost five years in and the loons are still blabbing on about disbelief and ducking the fact no evidence in this arena meets their own criteria. Bigots and hypocrites will certainly not be the arbiters of evidence.

Now either get your nothing out of here or accept my challenge of comparing the evidences and reasons for belief in a prime mover vs ?????. Nothing ain't gonna cut it.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
John

United States

#67899 Feb 10, 2013
Antitheists have no real way to measure evidence. Using their own standards has gotten them zero evidence. I've asked this many times before. It is ignored by the stumpees.
How does a nothing decide which is most or least likely: something from nothing, always was, prime mover. Show your work loons and make sure it adheres to your limiting paramaters.
Now rather than get bogged down in quibbling over what the standard for evidence is. Which is generous of me considering the hypocrisy of you bigots. I've suggested you make the case for your nothing and I'll make the case for my something. It's your forum and you can't even feign substance. The arguments for a prime mover scare you to death.
That's ok, I enjoy exposing your quackery.
John

United States

#67900 Feb 10, 2013
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost three years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Three years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 65,160 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True
science that is repeatable and observable.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#67901 Feb 10, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
150 CE?
Why the break in years at the same point that BC Before Christ and AD the year of our Lord broke the year down?
The Roman calender that was used at that time didn't recognize the number zero. That didn't come along until 500 years later.

St. Croix valley

#67902 Feb 10, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
150 CE?
why are your days named after other gods? isn't that kindof blasphemous for christians? doesn't it break one of the most important of the ten commandments?( to the jealous god that is,, he comes first over murder and such...)

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#67903 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why are your days named after other gods? isn't that kindof blasphemous for christians? doesn't it break one of the most important of the ten commandments?( to the jealous god that is,, he comes first over murder and such...)
Please explain your rating of sin.
I know of only one Sin God rates worse then all other. I have never seen a rating system for any other sin.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#67904 Feb 10, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullsh7t.

The reason people lived, was because people tend to do that.

Bloodletting was just another True Believer™ mumbo-jumbo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 13 min Dak-Original 22,452
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 24 min Just Think 227,891
The problem of evil and hate (Oct '13) 2 hr Chimney1 349
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr Carchar king 495
Noah's flood real (Oct '12) 7 hr Patrick 4,512
Can atheists pray? Gretta Vosper on Andrew W.K.... 9 hr Patrick 9
After brutal persecution, Albania 'reopened' to... 9 hr Barbarian 4
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE