Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70645 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#68205 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
The burdon of proof is a two-way street. If you are going to make claims that God does not exist, then you must be prepared to substantiate your claims with evidence.
No, it's not. But the whole logic thing is beyond you fundies. Since there is no evidence god exists, there is no reason to believe he does. Same thing with Thor, Vishnu or any of a thousand other gods people have created.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#68206 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Since science is your source of truth and it cannot tell you if God does or does not exist, cannot provide evidence one way or the other...why persist in believing what science cannot prove?
why do you believe somehting that cannot be proven? why do you not believe int eh FSM? do you believe in the easter bunny? there is no proof it doesn't exist.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#68207 Feb 13, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
SO DO YOU NUT JOB......Yous ay evolution and big bang is not real. PROVE IT FREAK.......
Your brain cells have stagnated, Gomer, and it has affected your ability to spell. LOL!

Location hidden

#68208 Feb 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, many parts are priven false, so it has to be a myth.(or a direct and purposeful lie from your god..that has no evidence of existing..) so it would really be a myth.
What parts?

Panorama City, CA

#68209 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
This shouldn't stop you from thinking about it. If it does then you're not interested in knowing the answers.
Well, let's say, for the sake of argument, I'm not interested in knowing the answers. So what? That doesn't make the story in Genesis any more plausible.

BBSting wrote:
An opinion, not evidence.
No, you stupid fundie. Evidence.
The creation myth has day and night before there is a sun, also, plants growing. I don't know all the details of how the universe began, but I do know day and night are caused by a spot the earth rotating towards and away from the sun. And that plants can't survive without the sun. That's not just my opinion.
sickofit

Northfield, MN

#68210 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Your brain cells have stagnated, Gomer, and it has affected your ability to spell. LOL!
And you cant understand basic education from gradeschool..WHAT DID YOU DO DURING SCIENCE CLASSES IN SCHOOL???

Homeschooled??? Religous school??? Only answer for your uneducated ignorance.

Location hidden

#68211 Feb 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>there is no evidence for the fact that no human knows what cuased the universe to come into being.
that is a fact.
Oh, I don't know about that. Einstein had a pretty good idea. "God does not play dice with the Universe."

Location hidden

#68212 Feb 13, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
And you cant understand basic education from gradeschool..WHAT DID YOU DO DURING SCIENCE CLASSES IN SCHOOL???
Homeschooled??? Religous school??? Only answer for your uneducated ignorance.
Since you can't answer the questions...that makes YOU stupid. Based on your incoherent responses, I'm guessing you never'gra-gee-ated" third grade.

St. Croix valley

#68213 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I don't know about that. Einstein had a pretty good idea. "God does not play dice with the Universe."
you do realize Einstein was wrong about that, don't you?!?!?

Neils Bohr was correct, Eoinstein was wrong.

you are too freakin' funny! and stupid...

C'mon, talk about shit you clearly don't understand some more, this is great material.....
sickofit

Northfield, MN

#68214 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you can't answer the questions...that makes YOU stupid. Based on your incoherent responses, I'm guessing you never'gra-gee-ated" third grade.
WHAT?????????? I graduated with honors and hold two masters. One in business management and one in computer programing.

HOW DID HOMESCHOOLING GO FOR YOU?????????? Didnt have sex with teacher did you??? LOL LOSER.

St. Croix valley

#68215 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
What parts?
Two gentically identical people populating the planet. proven impossible. the great flood. proven to not have happened. the few survivors of this lied about flood re-populating a planet, not possible.

needd others?

Panorama City, CA

#68216 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can believe without evidence that nothing caused SOMETHING to form the universe, you cannot find fault with the Christian who believes God created the universe without scientific evidence. To do so, is to be completely irrational.
Fundie, have you ever even wondered what it would be like to take a science class? There is evidence for the big bang. Evidence for evolution. There will always be questions science doesn't have the answer to. That's no reason to believe "Zap! God did it!". Especially when there is no evidence at all that god exists, and the myth fundies believe is clearly absurd.
John

United States

#68217 Feb 13, 2013
Another round of matching for nothing. Sad.

Location hidden

#68218 Feb 13, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, let's say, for the sake of argument, I'm not interested in knowing the answers. So what? That doesn't make the story in Genesis any more plausible.
<quoted text>
No, you stupid fundie. Evidence.
The creation myth has day and night before there is a sun, also, plants growing. I don't know all the details of how the universe began, but I do know day and night are caused by a spot the earth rotating towards and away from the sun. And that plants can't survive without the sun. That's not just my opinion.
I know all about the inconsistencies in the Bible, but what makes you assume that Genesis is the ONLY version of creation, lamebrain?

Panorama City, CA

#68219 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
What evidence? Science can't tell you what caused that singular...that SOMETHING to expand suddenly. It can't tell you where it came from.
So what? That doesn't change the fact that the creation myth is Genesis is a myth.
BBSting wrote:
Again, what evidence? There is no scientific evidence that explains what "caused" dead matter to spring to life so that it could begin to evolve into forms.
That doesn't change the fact that plants need the sun to survive, but the myth in Genesis has them growing before there is a sun. So, we can dismiss that story, and search for the real explanation.
BBSting wrote:
Science has no evidence regarding the origin of the universe or the origin of life on earth and yet you believe it does. You have as much "faith" in science, then, as the religious have in God.
That's not true! Pul-eeeeeze take a basic science class!
The red shift is evidence of the big bang.
sickofit

Northfield, MN

#68220 Feb 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you do realize Einstein was wrong about that, don't you?!?!?
Neils Bohr was correct, Eoinstein was wrong.
you are too freakin' funny! and stupid...
C'mon, talk about shit you clearly don't understand some more, this is great material.....
At his homeschool they only used the bible for education and he had sex with the teacher to pass each grade....SOOOOO STUPID...
John

United States

#68221 Feb 13, 2013
These loons are so smart they know their rules for evidence are valid despite nothing making the cut LOL. Most people who look find the evidence/signs point to a promenade mover. It's really the only case that can be made substantiively. No wonder these frauds refuse to put.their nothing up against my something.

Nothing Bless
sickofit

Northfield, MN

#68222 Feb 13, 2013
John wrote:
Another round of matching for nothing. Sad.
Why do we educated evolutionist have to prove our belief. But you religous FREAKS dont have one bit of proof and say you dont need to.....HOWS THAT WORK MORON???????

Location hidden

#68223 Feb 13, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT?????????? I graduated with honors and hold two masters. One in business management and one in computer programing.
HOW DID HOMESCHOOLING GO FOR YOU?????????? Didnt have sex with teacher did you??? LOL LOSER.
I find it amusing how everytime someone challenges the educational level of an atheist, he suddenly morphs into a PhD with a boatload of degrees. LMAO! Who do you think you're kidding, fartknocker? My seven year old can construct more coherent sentences than you can!
John

United States

#68224 Feb 13, 2013
John wrote:
Antitheists have no real way to measure evidence. Using their own standards has gotten them zero evidence. I've asked this many times before. It is ignored by the stumpees.
How does a nothing decide which is most or least likely: something from nothing, always was, prime mover. Show your work loons and make sure it adheres to your limiting paramaters.
Now rather than get bogged down in quibbling over whaet the standard for evidence is. Which is generous of me considering the hypocrisy of you bigots. I've suggested you make the case for your nothing and I'll make the case for my something. It's your forum and you can't even feign substance. The arguments for a prime mover scare you to death.
That's ok, I enjoy exposing your quackery.
Atheists don't do evidence or questions. They do vote Obama. Evidence isn't important. Agenda is. Whack dack a doodle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 5 hr Regolith Based Li... 32,169
hell is a real place. so.. ahtiesm is a faux li... 6 hr Eagle 12 - 12
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 6 hr Eagle 12 - 760
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 hr Science 76,945
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) 12 hr Dogen 4,309
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 hr superwilly 258,476
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul 18 John 4,952
More from around the web