Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments
65,001 - 65,020 of 70,985 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 5

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets see if I have this straight.
God could not have created the universe because you have proof that nothing exploded to create everything.
Nope, god is impossible and its proven. Evolution directly contradicts your bible story and is a proven fact, get a dna test if you doubt it.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
God could not have created life because you have proof the life just started on its own.
Its of no consequence, god has been disproven.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
God could not have created different kinds of animals because you have proof that all plant and animal life came from one self generated life speck.
Its of no consequence, god has been disproven.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple minded?
Yes you are because you deny science and claim "godddit" when you are in fact a lair with no evidence.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>Have to yell to get you idiots to see facts and the truth. I post facts and you post made up lies. MAKE US SANE PEOPLE MAD AS HECK.
You should look for a new hobby serving Satan might not be your thing.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
That freedom and equality includes the right to practice religion. You gonna rewrite the Constitution to suit your fascist ideas, dimwit?
Oh eys practice your religion all you want...AND LET OTHERS PRACTICE THERE OR NO RELIGION AS THEY SEE FIT...
Thing is you christians dont want others to have religous freedom only you......
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You should look for a new hobby serving Satan might not be your thing.
Satan is not real just a fairytale.....Again you attack me and spew BS because you have nothing else....TYPICAL RELIGOUS FREAK.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>Satan is not real just a fairytale.....Again you attack me and spew BS because you have nothing else....TYPICAL RELIGOUS FREAK.
What's your blood pressure at?
So many capital letters.
Leading people to Satan just might not be your calling.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your blood pressure at?
So many capital letters.
Leading people to Satan just might not be your calling.
Leading people to a myth????? Sounds better for you nazi fascist religous freaks..

My health is fantastic. I am a pure athelete and in better shape then most pro atheletes...

I am not a fat bald short dicked inbreed like you far righters.I AM A REAL MAN

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Isn't it quaint how believers just attribute everything to an invisible sky wizard? Such simpletons.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets see if I have this straight.
God could not have created the universe because you have proof that nothing exploded to create everything.
God could not have created life because you have proof the life just started on its own.
God could not have created different kinds of animals because you have proof that all plant and animal life came from one self generated life speck.
Simple minded?
No, that is not what I said at all.

Invoking God as the creator of the universe means you no longer have to figure out what, exactly happened at the beginning of the universe: you have a pat answer that actually answers nothing.

Invoking God as the creator of life means you no longer have to figure out exactly how life got started. You no longer have to understand the physics, chemistry and biology of life, but can use a pat answer that actually answers nothing.

Invoking God for the diversity of life means you no longer have to figure out exactly how life has diversified over time. You have a pat answer that actually answers nothing.

To see if you *really* have an answer to a question, see if the same answer would just as easily provide an 'answer' to the opposite question. If it equally well would explain the diversity of life as its lack of diversity, with no change in the explanation, then you have no explanation at all.
So, yes, simple-minded intellectual laziness. Instead of having to think deeply, you declare *poof* God did it and no longer have to think.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL....ok...religion has killed hundreds of billions over the centuries...Atheism maybe a few million......YEA LIAR WHATEVER..........
Wrong. Saying otherwise exposes you for the bigoted loon you are. Tell me about your rules for evidence LOL.

Welcome to stumpville!
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

My nothing this is entertainrining. You wouldn't think a forum with no evidence or example of evidence that meets their own criteria would be. You wouldn't think loons that have been exposed as intellectual cowards would be. Entertain me nothing puppets lmao!
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

John wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Saying otherwise exposes you for the bigoted loon you are. Tell me about your rules for evidence LOL.
Welcome to stumpville!
LOL LOL>.....good lord facts are fact idiot....I am not bigoted at all. I except all people as equals and all people have freedom and civil rights to be and live as they wish......

The evidence I am speaking off is taught from grade school on up to any college. Now for you home schooled or religosu school taught they left out all those facts..So sorry you did not get educated in anything but christian hate and bigotry.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>No, that is not what I said at all.

Invoking God as the creator of the universe means you no longer have to figure out what, exactly happened at the beginning of the universe: you have a pat answer that actually answers nothing.

Invoking God as the creator of life means you no longer have to figure out exactly how life got started. You no longer have to understand the physics, chemistry and biology of life, but can use a pat answer that actually answers nothing.

Invoking God for the diversity of life means you no longer have to figure out exactly how life has diversified over time. You have a pat answer that actually answers nothing.

To see if you *really* have an answer to a question, see if the same answer would just as easily provide an 'answer' to the opposite question. If it equally well would explain the diversity of life as its lack of diversity, with no change in the explanation, then you have no explanation at all.
So, yes, simple-minded intellectual laziness. Instead of having to think deeply, you declare *poof* God did it and no longer have to think.
Not a good theory.
China knows where a lot of stuff is made yet they take it a part and try and learn from it and try to reproduce it.

Just because God made stuff doesn't mean we can't try and learn about it.

If life was self generating why does all life have DNA? one would think with all the different plant and animal life on the planet at least one other type of genetic coding would have arose, Using mutation and randomness. Rather odd that all life uses the same DNA coding.
So either there was one creator or one spontaneous life form, and that no other life was ever self generated again in 4 billion years. One speck arose shortly after the earth formed and then nothing else for billions of years. Rather odd!
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Facts are facts I agree. Homeschoolers score higher on intelligence tests than public school students. Other facts I enjoy- your nothing is illogical. Obama is a proven liar. Climate change is cyclical. Religious give more to charity than nonreligious. Conservatives more than liberals.

Go find the Obama loving progressive gun control cop killer. Your nothing is noted.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

John wrote:
Facts are facts I agree. Homeschoolers score higher on intelligence tests than public school students. Other facts I enjoy- your nothing is illogical. Obama is a proven liar. Climate change is cyclical. Religious give more to charity than nonreligious. Conservatives more than liberals.
Go find the Obama loving progressive gun control cop killer. Your nothing is noted.
Homeschoolers fail at history adn science and anything delaing with fact and mdoern times...Oh eys they read good and do math good. But other then that there only filled with hate and bigotry and racism all day.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Have you seen the size of some of those home schoolers!? They are too big to fail. I find your racist views and animal abuse abhorent. Atheism is a cult of hate.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

John wrote:
Have you seen the size of some of those home schoolers!? They are too big to fail. I find your racist views and animal abuse abhorent. Atheism is a cult of hate.
Every homeschooler I have seen is pale and malnourished and sickly looking.

Athiesm is the absence of hate........

Anyway time to go..Close up my store and head home.. Gonna go out to eat with my wife and then hit the bar and have some drinks with friends.....BYE LOSER...READ YOUR BUYBULL..
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Good night. Thanks for all the evidence to consider.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Remember folks atheism is the absence of hate. Bwahahaha!!!!#$@

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

John wrote:
Remember folks atheism is the absence of hate. Bwahahaha!!!!#$@
LOL

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
If life was self generating why does all life have DNA? one would think with all the different plant and animal life on the planet at least one other type of genetic coding would have arose, Using mutation and randomness. Rather odd that all life uses the same DNA coding.
Except that it doesn't. There *are* variants of the DNA to amino acid 'code'. For example, the mitochondria in your cells use a different code. There are also variants in archaebacteria. We have viruses with no DNA, only RNA.

Your own argument shows how you are wrong.

As you said: not a good theory.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Dave Nelson 225,662
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr I can read 21,464
HELL real or not? (Sep '13) 2 hr Mr Duplicity 291
Hollywood Actor Reveals What He Thinks Is 'Weir... 6 hr religionisillness 104
Our world came from nothing? 6 hr religionisillness 365
The Ultimate Evidence of God 6 hr religionisillness 44
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' 6 hr religionisillness 84

Search the Atheism Forum:
•••