Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70645 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#68104 Feb 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually there are many things we can surmise about the origin of the universe from looking at it is now and how it was billions of years ago (time travel through telescopes...)
learning is fun!
What are the many things you surmised when YOU looked through a telescope?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#68105 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
What spedific evidence from the theory of evolution, supports the big bang theory?
Ummmm..(*face palm*)

you are mixing two very separate and distinct fields of scientific study...biology and cosmology)

again, you would not look so foolish if you had even the tiniest inkling of what you are talking about...

St. Croix valley

#68106 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
What are the many things you surmised when YOU looked through a telescope?
that it is pretty out there.

i am not a astronomer.

St. Croix valley

#68107 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
What evidence?
<quoted text>
Let's say this god who created the universe, isn't affiliated with any religion. Would you believe then?
the age of the rocks you are standing on...

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#68108 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
What spedific evidence from the theory of evolution, supports the big bang theory?
Lazy theist once again too arrogant to pick up a basic science book.

Location hidden

#68109 Feb 13, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no such thing as god. You can create as many "what if" scenarios as you like, but its not going to make a god magically become real.
Without any evidence to support the idea that there is "no such thing as god, you believe it. Tsk. Tsk. Not very scientific of you.

Location hidden

#68110 Feb 13, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
What's in a basic science book that you can use to prove there is no God?
Siro

Auburn, Australia

#68111 Feb 13, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
And youre too lazy to read it

Location hidden

#68112 Feb 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the age of the rocks you are standing on...
How do rocks describe this unidentified SOMETHING that suddenly expanded?

Location hidden

#68113 Feb 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>that it is pretty out there.
i am not a astronomer.
Exactly, but you are willing to believe what science tells you without having seen the evidence yourself that you claim is visible through telescopes.

St. Croix valley

#68114 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
How do rocks describe this unidentified SOMETHING that suddenly expanded?
Again you are mixing two very different fields of science. even my grandson knows the difference and he isn't in the first grade yet.

St. Croix valley

#68115 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, but you are willing to believe what science tells you without having seen the evidence yourself that you claim is visible through telescopes.
Actually , most of it isn't visible. do you even understand how most modern telescopes work? it would seem not.

the real astronomers publish their findings for the world to read,(the educated world, apparantly you are not part of that...)

ao yes, i have seen the evidence that they gathered with their telescopes.

Location hidden

#68116 Feb 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Ummmm..(*face palm*)
you are mixing two very separate and distinct fields of scientific study...biology and cosmology)
again, you would not look so foolish if you had even the tiniest inkling of what you are talking about...
If you can't identify, or describe the SOMETHING that formed the universe, then you can't explain how evolution began.

Location hidden

#68117 Feb 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually , most of it isn't visible. do you even understand how most modern telescopes work? it would seem not.
the real astronomers publish their findings for the world to read,(the educated world, apparantly you are not part of that...)
ao yes, i have seen the evidence that they gathered with their telescopes.
And if these REAL astronomers told you that they suspected that this SOMETHING that suddenly expanded was GOd, would you believe it?

St. Croix valley

#68118 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can't identify, or describe the SOMETHING that formed the universe, then you can't explain how evolution began.
your just not understanding. evolution has nothing to do with the universe at all...it has to do with how species changed on our planet.

St. Croix valley

#68119 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
And if these REAL astronomers told you that they suspected that this SOMETHING that suddenly expanded was GOd, would you believe it?
if there was some credible, verifiable evidence to support such a theroy, i would look at it objectively, as I do all things.

Location hidden

#68120 Feb 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>if there was some credible, verifiable evidence to support such a theroy, i would look at it objectively, as I do all things.
But all evidence that comes from science is verifiable is it not?

Location hidden

#68121 Feb 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>your just not understanding. evolution has nothing to do with the universe at all...it has to do with how species changed on our planet.
Because science can't explain what "caused" that SOMETHING to expand and form the universe. It can't explain what caused evolution to began. The two are intricately related.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#68122 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Because science can't explain what "caused" that SOMETHING to expand and form the universe. It can't explain what caused evolution to began. The two are intricately related.
Who are you to say what science can and can't explain? You are scientifically illiterate, not even believing in evolution - a proven fact just like gravity.

It's better you just f*ck off back to your failed cult instead of spreading your ignorance here.

St. Croix valley

#68123 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
But all evidence that comes from science is verifiable is it not?
No, witness the faster than light neutrino incident of this last year.

this is why it has to be verifiable, reproduceable and peer re-viewed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min Aura Mytha 78,705
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 4 hr Regolith Based Li... 32,454
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 15 hr Science 1,410
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... Aug 12 Eagle 12 - 1,152
what science will NEVER be able to prove Aug 11 Eagle 12 - 5
News What Ever Happened to the New Atheists?by Ellio... Aug 7 nanoanomaly 1
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) Aug 5 yehoshooah adam 4,381
More from around the web