Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70629 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

Thinking

Cullompton, UK

#67982 Feb 12, 2013
Pay up.
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
20th century soaked in
the blood of
atheist governments.
East Germany, the wall, shooting people
who wished to leave.
Stalin
Himler
Hitler
Mao
Zinoviev
Kaminev
Fidel Castro
Lenin
Trotsky
Twentieth century atheists in power
resulted in mass murder.
America regards you guys as a joke

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#67983 Feb 12, 2013
Stop being a pussyassbitch and answer the question. Do you reject the notion that a god had anything to do with the formation of the universe?

Yes or no will do.

Watch as he refuses to answer a simple yes or no question. So funny their cowardice!
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
I reject your supposition that the universe is the result of happenstance.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#67984 Feb 12, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Pay up.
<quoted text>
people pay you to be incorrect? cool!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#67985 Feb 12, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
I reject your supposition that the universe is the result of happenstance.
You can reject whatever you like. The fact remains the big bang is the likeliest thing to have happened and you are a by product of evolution.

Just because you suffer from a mental illness does not mean that your opinions have any effect on the reality that we all share.

Part of your mental illness is that you think you are superior to scientists that have a greater understanding of the universe than you.
Thinking

Cullompton, UK

#67986 Feb 12, 2013
Apropos nothing at all, how popular were the termites and woodticks on that mythical ark?
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>people pay you to be incorrect? cool!

Since: Feb 12

Taipei, Taiwan

#67987 Feb 12, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists prefer to believe science's meaningless universe fable. That way, when they discover their lives are totally pointless, they can't be disappointed.
The same can be applied to the bible since its also a fable as well, but with no evidence. Only a story that could be made up by anyone.

I could of written the bible and you wouldn't know about it. Thats how far-ffetched ur bible is.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#67988 Feb 12, 2013
StarsplashTaiwan wrote:
<quoted text>
The same can be applied to the bible since its also a fable as well, but with no evidence. Only a story that could be made up by anyone.
I could of written the bible and you wouldn't know about it. Thats how far-ffetched ur bible is.
There is some good things in there, like some of the proverbs and poetry. But a lot of nonsense, legends, and boring lists of geneologies and things.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#67989 Feb 12, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
You might say that. I mean you spew your lie BS about some god. Lies and myth is all you religous freaks have...WE SANE PEOPLE USE SCIENCE AND FACTS....
You should try it.
Sane? You're a blathering idiot. I'm surprised someone hasn't thrown a net over you yet.

Location hidden

#67990 Feb 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Ahhhch*bullshit*oooo.. ..'scuse me...
in all the time it took you to post your silly stories about bloodletting, you could have easily explained this complicated theory of yours...unless it too, like the bloodletting 'facts' you gave, is pure bullshit.
Woodschtick57 <--------ad absurdum

Location hidden

#67991 Feb 12, 2013
StarsplashTaiwan wrote:
<quoted text>
If an atheist rewrote the Bible, it would be a conglomeration of blank pages, a dead give-away. FYI the Bible was rewritten by Thomas Jefferson supporting Christianity as he saw it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_Bible
Thinking

Cullompton, UK

#67992 Feb 12, 2013
Why would they?
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
If an atheist rewrote the Bible...

Taipei, Taiwan

#67993 Feb 12, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
If an atheist rewrote the Bible, it would be a conglomeration of blank pages, a dead give-away. FYI the Bible was rewritten by Thomas Jefferson supporting Christianity as he saw it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_Bible
So basically you are saying that the bible was interpreted in different ways?

You see. Thats what happens when you dont have physical facts to back up ur bullshit. The bible has been interpreted and rewritten a million ways and times that who the hell knows whats the original meaning behind the scripture is anymore. Hell, for all we know, we may be misinterpretting the bible. Everyone interprets the bible as they see fit and thats the problem about using the bible as evidence.

Science on the other hand is about proving a hypothesis with physical facts and evidence. Can you really argue that there was no such thing as hurrican Sandy. No you can't. Because it really happened. Thats what science is about and its much more persuasive than just saying, God did it, or the bible says it.

Taipei, Taiwan

#67994 Feb 12, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
There is some good things in there, like some of the proverbs and poetry. But a lot of nonsense, legends, and boring lists of geneologies and things.
The bible to me is just a very good guide on how to live ur life. And thats all it should be viewed as. But people are using it to in a way that ignores the physical realities of life and of the world. With all the proven science in the world, the stories in the bible are just that: legends, nonsence and stories.

And you have people that are taking these stories and convicting other people of heresy when they see the bible as just stories and legends. This kind of perverted desperate psychology is really facinating.

Location hidden

#67995 Feb 12, 2013
StarsplashTaiwan wrote:
<quoted text>
So basically you are saying that the bible was interpreted in different ways?
You see. Thats what happens when you dont have physical facts to back up ur bullshit. The bible has been interpreted and rewritten a million ways and times that who the hell knows whats the original meaning behind the scripture is anymore. Hell, for all we know, we may be misinterpretting the bible. Everyone interprets the bible as they see fit and thats the problem about using the bible as evidence.
Science on the other hand is about proving a hypothesis with physical facts and evidence. Can you really argue that there was no such thing as hurrican Sandy. No you can't. Because it really happened. Thats what science is about and its much more persuasive than just saying, God did it, or the bible says it.
I don't see the a difference when science rewrites its theories all the time.

Location hidden

#67996 Feb 12, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Why would they?
<quoted text>
Ask starsplashtaiwan.

Location hidden

#67997 Feb 12, 2013
StarsplashTaiwan wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible to me is just a very good guide on how to live ur life. And thats all it should be viewed as. But people are using it to in a way that ignores the physical realities of life and of the world. With all the proven science in the world, the stories in the bible are just that: legends, nonsence and stories.
And you have people that are taking these stories and convicting other people of heresy when they see the bible as just stories and legends. This kind of perverted desperate psychology is really facinating.
And yet atheists are on the march in America trying to convert folks to their way of thinking using a collection of scientific fables, inferences and opinion.
Thinking

Cullompton, UK

#67998 Feb 12, 2013
Why?
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask starsplashtaiwan.
Thinking

Cullompton, UK

#67999 Feb 12, 2013
Straw man.
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet atheists are on the march in America trying to convert folks to their way of thinking using a collection of scientific fables, inferences and opinion.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68000 Feb 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I am starting to think he is so low functioning that he can't even take care of himself. Like he is seriously mentally retarded or has suffered a TBI or something.
If he doesn't step it up a little bit it may be time to put him on the white sheet list with the ultra low IQ bigot EW.
<quoted text>
Oh, yes-- they are two peas in the same mindless brainwashed pod.

Question:

How much faith-soap does it take to brainwash a True Believer™?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68001 Feb 12, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a sore loser.
Yep.

It's like taking candy from a dead cat....

... pushing the right buttons makes them reveal how hate-filled they are.

A consequence of being a Genuine Christian™, of course.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 16 min scientia potentia... 48,521
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 18 min scientia potentia... 23,498
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 3 hr JustASkeptic 11
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 9 hr Rosa_Winkel 21,866
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sat Eagle 12 258,039
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Sat Eagle 12 4,907
Why you need to make sure you are saved before ... Fri Scaritual 14
More from around the web