Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70629 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

John

United States

#67899 Feb 10, 2013
Antitheists have no real way to measure evidence. Using their own standards has gotten them zero evidence. I've asked this many times before. It is ignored by the stumpees.
How does a nothing decide which is most or least likely: something from nothing, always was, prime mover. Show your work loons and make sure it adheres to your limiting paramaters.
Now rather than get bogged down in quibbling over what the standard for evidence is. Which is generous of me considering the hypocrisy of you bigots. I've suggested you make the case for your nothing and I'll make the case for my something. It's your forum and you can't even feign substance. The arguments for a prime mover scare you to death.
That's ok, I enjoy exposing your quackery.
John

United States

#67900 Feb 10, 2013
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost three years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Three years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 65,160 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True
science that is repeatable and observable.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#67901 Feb 10, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Why the need to break the years like a football field. 100 BCE 50 BCE. 100 CE
150 CE?
Why the break in years at the same point that BC Before Christ and AD the year of our Lord broke the year down?
Why are your dates still centered around the life of Christ?
The Roman calender that was used at that time didn't recognize the number zero. That didn't come along until 500 years later.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#67902 Feb 10, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Why the need to break the years like a football field. 100 BCE 50 BCE. 100 CE
150 CE?
Why the break in years at the same point that BC Before Christ and AD the year of our Lord broke the year down?
Why are your dates still centered around the life of Christ?
why are your days named after other gods? isn't that kindof blasphemous for christians? doesn't it break one of the most important of the ten commandments?( to the jealous god that is,, he comes first over murder and such...)

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#67903 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why are your days named after other gods? isn't that kindof blasphemous for christians? doesn't it break one of the most important of the ten commandments?( to the jealous god that is,, he comes first over murder and such...)
Please explain your rating of sin.
I know of only one Sin God rates worse then all other. I have never seen a rating system for any other sin.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#67904 Feb 10, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Bloodletting survived for thousands of years precisely because it produced positive results. If a majority of those treated with bloodletting died, its practictioners would have been out of business very quickly.
Bullsh7t.

The reason people lived, was because people tend to do that.

Bloodletting was just another True Believer™ mumbo-jumbo.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#67905 Feb 10, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
I mean the same history you use to discredit Christianity, Goober.
Christianity discredits itself, just by trying to claim the BuyBull is "god's word".

That claim? That single claim? Is sufficient to prove "christianity" is a complete fraud.

Even though there are 100's of additional reasons showing christianity is fraud, that one claim is enough.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#67906 Feb 10, 2013
John wrote:
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost three years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Three years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 65,160 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True
science that is repeatable and observable.
Here you go-- once again, I see you are completely stumped.
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;

" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;

" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;

" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;

" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;

" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;

" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;

" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#67907 Feb 10, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullsh7t.
The reason people lived, was because people tend to do that.
Bloodletting was just another True Believer™ mumbo-jumbo.
Uh huh. And people also tend to die. What's your point besides the one on the top of your empty head?

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#67908 Feb 10, 2013
"It wasn't until well into the 19th century that people began to question the value of bloodletting. Scientists such as Louis Pasteur, Joseph Lister, and Robert Koch showed that germs, not humors, were responsible for disease. Furthermore, medical statisticians tracking case histories began to collect evidence that bloodletting was not effective. Eventually the practice died, although it continued in some parts of rural America into the 1920s."

(" http://www.pbs.org/wnet/redgold/basics/bloodl... ;)

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#67909 Feb 10, 2013
You honestly think blood letting and phlebotomy are the same thing?

No way did you have a high school level education, there is just no way.
BBSting wrote:
Get your google on! Bloodletting (now called phlebotomy) is not just for hemochromatosis, doctors and researchers are examining phlebotomy as an aid in combating heart disease, high blood pressure, and pulmonary edema. The lesson for medical science is a simple one, there is much more that the scientific community doesn't understand than there is that it does understand.
John

United States

#67910 Feb 10, 2013
Ummm, Bob I promised you just a few pages back I would leave if your links had one example of evidence in this arena that meets your own criteria. Repeated nothing year after year and then linking same is bizarre behavior. The type of behavior I would expect from a forum about nothing.
Soon Rose will chime in with her disbelief. This is your evidence free forum about nothing. I'm comfortable exposing it. I'm also waiting for one of you bigots to present an accountable position vs mine. Of course you don't have anything but tangents against a God you don't believe in.

How do atheists decide which is most or least likely: always was, prime mover, something from nothing? Atheists are so easily exposed.
John

United States

#67911 Feb 10, 2013
Pick a link that explains your insanity Bob. I'm sure they are so fact filled the choice will be difficult. Lmao. Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.

Since: Feb 12

Taipei, Taiwan

#67912 Feb 11, 2013
John wrote:
Pick a link that explains your insanity Bob. I'm sure they are so fact filled the choice will be difficult. Lmao. Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
Shutup john. Put ur money where ur mouth is and put something up that explains ur Bullshit. if not, your just proving to the world that you are an attention who-re

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#67913 Feb 11, 2013
John wrote:
Ummm, Bob I promised you just a few pages back I would leave if your links had one example of evidence in this arena that meets your own criteria. Repeated nothing year after year and then linking same is bizarre behavior. The type of behavior I would expect from a forum about nothing.
Soon Rose will chime in with her disbelief. This is your evidence free forum about nothing. I'm comfortable exposing it. I'm also waiting for one of you bigots to present an accountable position vs mine. Of course you don't have anything but tangents against a God you don't believe in.
How do atheists decide which is most or least likely: always was, prime mover, something from nothing? Atheists are so easily exposed.
Nope, still not proof of god john, better stop lying about god john.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#67914 Feb 11, 2013
Hedonist wrote:
"It wasn't until well into the 19th century that people began to question the value of bloodletting. Scientists such as Louis Pasteur, Joseph Lister, and Robert Koch showed that germs, not humors, were responsible for disease. Furthermore, medical statisticians tracking case histories began to collect evidence that bloodletting was not effective. Eventually the practice died, although it continued in some parts of rural America into the 1920s."
(" http://www.pbs.org/wnet/redgold/basics/bloodl... ;)
Baloney. Phlebotomy is the preferred treatment of choice for hemochromatosis patients today.

A Canadian physiologist, Norman Kasting, recently discovered that bleeding animals induces the release of the hormone vasopressin, which reduces fevers and kicks the immune system into high gear. Moreover, leeches are used in modern medicine because they work. Leeches serve as extremely effective artificial veins after replantation of an amputated body part by drawing off the excess blood or the congested blood, until the person can actually grow back small, venous capillaries.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#67915 Feb 11, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
You honestly think blood letting and phlebotomy are the same thing?
No way did you have a high school level education, there is just no way.
<quoted text>
Invest in a dictionary, Sparky.

Phlebotomy; venesection. Venesection: Surgical incision into a vein; used to treat hemochromatosis.- Webster

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#67916 Feb 11, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain your rating of sin.
I know of only one Sin God rates worse then all other. I have never seen a rating system for any other sin.
Why did your god list his jealousies and insecurities first? that is more important than not killing each other?

the answer is humans made up your god, that is why he has human traits...

so why do you have other gods as the days of the week?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#67917 Feb 11, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Invest in a dictionary, Sparky.
Phlebotomy; venesection. Venesection: Surgical incision into a vein; used to treat hemochromatosis.- Webster
but not bloodletting to release demons. that never worked.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#67918 Feb 11, 2013
Do you know what blood letting is? Are you that stupid to think that careful needle drawing up blood in a sterile manner with a gloved technician and a band aid is the same as a holy man talking in tongues and slicing people with the same unwashed knife he sliced a dozen people before them?

Same thing?

Wow your IQ keeps dropping. No way have you earned a high school level education.
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Invest in a dictionary, Sparky.
Phlebotomy; venesection. Venesection: Surgical incision into a vein; used to treat hemochromatosis.- Webster

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 min Dogen 48,677
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 38 min scientia potentia... 23,521
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr Thinking 21,881
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 2 hr Into The Night 5,705
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 5 hr Igor Trip 69
News Louisiana Christians reclaim safe space by runn... 6 hr Amused 3
What are the best arguments against religion? 11 hr Igor Trip 2
More from around the web