Atheists on the march in America

There are 20 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

John

United States

#67848 Feb 9, 2013
Thx for more nothing Richard. I feel terrible clogging the server up with so much valuable evidence in this forum.

I've been here since page one Bob. This is your forum and your agenda I've exposed. Why are you worried about asking me questions? Your nothing is weak. I've offered to debate my something vs your nothing but you don't know where to begin LOL.

Pick one of your links and post it up. You should be proud to display it. In fact, let's make a bet. I'll leave if there is one example of evidence in this arena that meets your own criteria. When you fail though I hope you stay. You are a useful idiot.

You skipped my question about quantifying evidence BTW. All of you have. I'm sure you have a link that will clarify things Bwahahaha.

Nothing to see here from the self described freethinking intellectuals.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#67849 Feb 9, 2013
John wrote:
Thx for more nothing Richard. I feel terrible clogging the server up with so much valuable evidence in this forum.
I've been here since page one Bob. This is your forum and your agenda I've exposed. Why are you worried about asking me questions? Your nothing is weak. I've offered to debate my something vs your nothing but you don't know where to begin LOL.
Pick one of your links and post it up. You should be proud to display it. In fact, let's make a bet. I'll leave if there is one example of evidence in this arena that meets your own criteria. When you fail though I hope you stay. You are a useful idiot.
You skipped my question about quantifying evidence BTW. All of you have. I'm sure you have a link that will clarify things Bwahahaha.
What a load of BS.
sickofit

Faribault, MN

#67850 Feb 10, 2013
John wrote:
Fight that God, march, march, march, nothing, nothing, march, march, stomp, huff, puff, march, march.
No evidence that meets your own criteria. Pathetic. Something from nothing is a scientific impossibility.
Yet you think your god came from nothing?? Who created your god????

OH YEA MAN.........lol

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#67851 Feb 10, 2013
John wrote:
nope that's not proof of god either. When will you stop lying to us John?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#67852 Feb 10, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes how manypeople for 400-600 years did the church kill or torture and send away because they taught science or math??????
OH YOU CHRISTIANS OWN THE RECORD FOR DEATHS.........MORE HAVE DIED IN GODS NAME THEN ALL OTHER GROUPS COMBINED......THAT IS A FACT...
Very few very very few christians have been kiled because they were christians..........BUT BILLIONS HAVE BEEN KILLED EBCAUSE THEYE WERE NOT CHRISTIAN BY CHRISTIANS.......
Just some facst for you hitler boy.
A recent study, cited by the Vatican, reported that 75 out of every 100 people killed due to religious hatred were Christian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_C...

Location hidden

#67853 Feb 10, 2013
The survival of the fittest fairy tale says evolution likes genetic traits that help us survive and reproduce. It doesn't like traits that weaken us or threaten our health, especially before we can do any begetting. If natural selection really works, why would genes that make people sick still be in the gene pool after millions of years?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#67854 Feb 10, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
A recent study, cited by the Vatican, reported that 75 out of every 100 people killed due to religious hatred were Christian.
Since when? you do realize most religions around today have quite a bit of catching up to do with the christians on this regard.

did that take into account the 'troubles' in N ireland? the three way religious war in the balkans?

St. Croix valley

#67855 Feb 10, 2013
BBSting wrote:
The survival of the fittest fairy tale says evolution likes genetic traits that help us survive and reproduce. It doesn't like traits that weaken us or threaten our health, especially before we can do any begetting. If natural selection really works, why would genes that make people sick still be in the gene pool after millions of years?
Which 'genes' are those?

please be specific...

Location hidden

#67856 Feb 10, 2013

St. Croix valley

#67857 Feb 10, 2013
BBSting wrote:
if you cannot explain them yourself, you do not undertand what you found on some website. i am not chasing your links around only to show you do not know what you are parroting..

get back to me when you learn something about what you were told to parrot...

Location hidden

#67858 Feb 10, 2013
Bloodletting, one of the oldest "voodoo" medical practices around is making a comeback. In fact, it is the only treatment for hemochromotosis, a genetic mutation.

Location hidden

#67859 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>if you cannot explain them yourself, you do not undertand what you found on some website. i am not chasing your links around only to show you do not know what you are parroting..
get back to me when you learn something about what you were told to parrot...
Cop-out! LMAO!

St. Croix valley

#67860 Feb 10, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Cop-out! LMAO!
So what are those genes? why can't you just list them?

seems you did the cop out..

or you are full of shit...i would lean towards the latter..
John

United States

#67861 Feb 10, 2013
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle thought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence DREW, Curious, Mikey,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 65,120 plus posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!
sickofit

Faribault, MN

#67862 Feb 10, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
That Vatican>????? You mean the most evil murdering religous group in history of mankind?? Dont trust word one they say.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#67863 Feb 10, 2013
insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
On paper it works, but not in reality. There is no evidence in fossils or experiments that mutations create "new" forms.
The theory of evolution has gone the way of gravity, accepted as an ultimate law, mathematically and physically defined but unresolved into any causes.
Law of gravity is still applicable though, and it was only overturned by a better law, not discarded. Just like the theory of evolution has evolved. The difference is, there is more evidence of it, genetic lineage tracing is also part of the mountains of evidence you ignore.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#67864 Feb 10, 2013
BBSting wrote:
Bloodletting, one of the oldest "voodoo" medical practices around is making a comeback. In fact, it is the only treatment for hemochromotosis, a genetic mutation.
Sure, but unless you have enough blood, you will only get sicker. It only works when you either replace the lost blood ... or you have extra. So it's not the same technique at all.
John

United States

#67865 Feb 10, 2013
Nope. The most charitable organization in the history of mankind. Responsible for feeding and clothing millions. Grind your axe somewhere else bigot.

You are quick to comment on others belief but when it comes time to answer for your absurd nothing forum you got nothing.

How do you decide which is most or least likely: something from nothing, always was, prime mover. You don't have a damn clue. Your decisions are based on an agenda not evidence. This forum is the furthest thing from freethinking. Go find something worthwhile to do, your nothing is ridiculous.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.

St. Croix valley

#67866 Feb 10, 2013
John wrote:
Nope. The most charitable organization in the history of mankind. Responsible for feeding and clothing millions. Grind your axe somewhere else bigot.
You are quick to comment on others belief but when it comes time to answer for your absurd nothing forum you got nothing.
How do you decide which is most or least likely: something from nothing, always was, prime mover. You don't have a damn clue. Your decisions are based on an agenda not evidence. This forum is the furthest thing from freethinking. Go find something worthwhile to do, your nothing is ridiculous.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
yup, giving the poor the fish for the day when they could teach tehm to fish for themselves..

"teach aman to reason and he will think for a lifetime." Phil Plaitt. the Vatican fears such philosophies...
John

United States

#67867 Feb 10, 2013
Good to see you are a conservative LOL. You skipped the question by the way. Simple questions stump bigots.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 min The Dude 18,875
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 4 min Patrick 2,098
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 5 min Patrick 6,697
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 17 min thetruth 238,418
News Confessions of a black atheist 4 hr Patrick 477
News .com | What hope is there without God? 6 hr geezerjock 1
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 6 hr Pete-o 7,409
More from around the web