Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70629 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#67815 Feb 9, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>Never claimed to be an expert.
But I don't need to be to see that the creation story in Genesis is nothing but a Bronze Age myth.
At least get your insults correct!

The age is the Iron Age not Bronze Age.

"Main Entry: Iron Age
Function: noun
Date: 1865
: the period of human culture characterized by the smelting of iron and its use in industry beginning somewhat before 1000 BC."

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#67817 Feb 9, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
At least get your insults correct!
The age is the Iron Age not Bronze Age.
"Main Entry: Iron Age
Function: noun
Date: 1865
: the period of human culture characterized by the smelting of iron and its use in industry beginning somewhat before 1000 BC."
BFD. I wasn't giving a history lesson, I just use the term "Bronze Age" to mean "really, really old and out dated". And I will continue to use the term.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#67818 Feb 9, 2013
I remember that dyslexic idiot claiming he worked in the science field. When asked what he did he quickly ran away with his fingers in his ears.

Low IQ idiot couldn't even come up with a job title except science.

Lmfao!

He just keeps scampering into stupidity.
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. Have you ever taken a science class?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#67819 Feb 9, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Go on be a child. You know what I am saying. Go on act like a ignorant fool. Show us all how stupid you religous freaks are.. Dont argue or refute my post ..Just act like a child and mock me and twist words.
Well, his BuyBull does exhort it's worshipers to act like a child, and to eschew adult thoughts of any kind.

Children are more gullible after all, and make for better sheep.

And that's what it's about, in the end: to turn thinking humans into non-thinking sheep.

Or as they are so often called: "people of faith"

You know.

Self-inflicted morons.

:)

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#67820 Feb 9, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. Have you ever taken a science class?
It would not help.

His brain damage is too great.

He prefers wallowing in self-inflicted ignorance.

Or as they call it, "faith".

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#67821 Feb 9, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I remember that dyslexic idiot claiming he worked in the science field. When asked what he did he quickly ran away with his fingers in his ears.
Low IQ idiot couldn't even come up with a job title except science.
Lmfao!
He just keeps scampering into stupidity.
<quoted text>
:)

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#67822 Feb 9, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
At least get your insults correct!
The age is the Iron Age not Bronze Age.
"Main Entry: Iron Age
Function: noun
Date: 1865
: the period of human culture characterized by the smelting of iron and its use in industry beginning somewhat before 1000 BC."
Didn't the bible myths start long before 1000 BCE?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#67823 Feb 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't the bible myths start long before 1000 BCE?
Actually, I've seen pretty good scholarly work, showing that the oldest buybull sh7t is no older than about 500 BCE.

That it was deliberately written to appear as if it was much older--when it isn't.

That certainly fits with archeology, as nothing in the BuyBull that is older than 500BCE exists as written.

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#67824 Feb 9, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>BFD. I wasn't giving a history lesson, I just use the term "Bronze Age" to mean "really, really old and out dated". And I will continue to use the term.
You must be use to being wrong and dense to continue to use wrong info.

Atheist? Go figure!

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#67825 Feb 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't the bible myths start long before 1000 BCE?
Nice using "BCE" the atheist dating system. LOL

Before Christ Entered the world.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#67826 Feb 9, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
So as conditions changed new spontaneous life should have continued to pump out different new forms of life at least every half billion years or so.
So you didn't even read what I wrote, did you? At the very least, you didn't understand it. No, life would NOT have continued to be 'pumped out' because the chemical conditions required for life to start no longer held because of oxygen. Oxygen is a very highly reactive atom and can completely mess up some of the processes for getting life going. For that matter, it is lethal for many forms of life even today. Some lines, including ours, have the ability to use oxygen to drive their metabolism, but it still exacts a toll in terms of aging (for example).

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#67827 Feb 9, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, his BuyBull does exhort it's worshipers to act like a child, and to eschew adult thoughts of any kind.
Children are more gullible after all, and make for better sheep.
And that's what it's about, in the end: to turn thinking humans into non-thinking sheep.
Or as they are so often called: "people of faith"
You know.
Self-inflicted morons.
:)
I heard to religious Jews talking about how they should thank God for being alive in this time as opposed to the past, with modern tech and less religious bullshyt. I wonder if the people in the past should blame God for placing them in shitty eras. Religious people treat God like the Queen of England. When something good happens, God be praised, but when something bad happens,, Satan is blamed. God save the queen, down with the prime minister!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#67828 Feb 9, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard to religious Jews talking about how they should thank God for being alive in this time as opposed to the past, with modern tech and less religious bullshyt. I wonder if the people in the past should blame God for placing them in shitty eras. Religious people treat God like the Queen of England. When something good happens, God be praised, but when something bad happens,, Satan is blamed. God save the queen, down with the prime minister!
the god of hte bible has a seriously twisted sense of humour...
John

United States

#67829 Feb 9, 2013
Fight that God, march, march, march, nothing, nothing, march, march, stomp, huff, puff, march, march.

No evidence that meets your own criteria. Pathetic. Something from nothing is a scientific impossibility.
John

United States

#67830 Feb 9, 2013
Antitheists have no real way to measure evidence. Using their own standards has gotten them zero evidence. I've asked this many times before. It is ignored by the stumpees.
How does a nothing decide which is most or least likely: something from nothing, always was, prime mover. Show your work loons and make sure it adheres to your limiting paramaters.
Now rather than get bogged down in quibbling over what the standard for evidence is. Which is generous of me considering the hypocrisy of you bigots. I've suggested you make the case for your nothing and I'll make the case for my something. It's your forum and you can't even feign substance. The arguments for a prime mover scare you to death.
That's ok, I enjoy exposing your quackery.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#67831 Feb 9, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice using "BCE" the atheist dating system. LOL
Before Christ Entered the world.
an accurate on. before current era.
John

United States

#67832 Feb 9, 2013
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost three years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Three years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 65,090 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True
science that is repeatable and observable.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#67833 Feb 9, 2013
John wrote:
Antitheists have no real way to measure evidence. Using their own standards has gotten them zero evidence. I've asked this many times before. It is ignored by the stumpees.
How does a nothing decide which is most or least likely: something from nothing, always was, prime mover. Show your work loons and make sure it adheres to your limiting paramaters.
Now rather than get bogged down in quibbling over what the standard for evidence is. Which is generous of me considering the hypocrisy of you bigots. I've suggested you make the case for your nothing and I'll make the case for my something. It's your forum and you can't even feign substance. The arguments for a prime mover scare you to death.
That's ok, I enjoy exposing your quackery.
same thing for you. no evidence of any gods. not one. not even Odin or thor and htey had movies made after them...

no-one made a movie after the vindictive prick in the bible...
John

United States

#67834 Feb 9, 2013
This is your city loon. If you got nothing pipe down. Nope, instead you choose to make limiting rules for evidence that rules out everything in existence. Your just a bigot and want to steer the narrative away from your nothing.

I'll gladly compare the evidences and reasons to believe in a prime mover vs ?????. You won't dare. Get your nothing out of here!
John

United States

#67835 Feb 9, 2013
Plenty of reasons from multiple disciplines pointing to a designed universe. In fact, the scientist who mapped our genetic code agrees. Meanwhile, your spontaneous nothing has zip, zilch, for evidence. No wonder you don't want to debate. You got nothing. Dance puppets.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min Into The Night 48,654
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 8 min Richardfs 5,698
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 1 hr JustASkeptic 40
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 7 hr scientia potentia... 23,511
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 9 hr Thinking 21,875
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 hr ChristineM 258,041
News Louisiana Christians reclaim safe space by runn... 12 hr Mikko 1
More from around the web