Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,983

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Full Story

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#67383 Jan 25, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Educational video programs are one thing. Violent video games are quite another. The old adage, "Violence begats violence" is just as true in the 21st century as it was in ancient times.
The American Psychological Association says playing violent games correlates to "children being less caring and helpful toward their peers" and for good reason. These killing games reward violent behavior and decrease empathy for others. Repeated exposure to virtual killing desensitizes a child because in the virtual world there are no MORAL consequences. If you shoot somebody in one of these games, you don't go to jail, you get extra points! Further, when the kid experiences anxiety playing these games and he will, instead of learning to rely on reason to calm himself, he will externalize his anxiety by attacking something whether it be an object, his parents and siblings, or the family pet. Violent video games have been linked to inappropriate disruptive behavior in children and teens i.e. disrespect, the use of foul language, and unnecessary overly aggressive reactions in real time situations. Research shows that violent video games do cause some vulnerable children to lash out at their fellow schoolmates hence the rash of school shootings. It doesn't take a genius to realize what the effect will be when kids spend too much time with violence simulators that glorify gang culture, celebrate brutality, lionize crudeness, and trivialize violence toward others.
There are other ways to develop hand eye coordination, critical thinking and the like that don't require becoming a digital killer! At an age when children should be learning to build strong social relationships, many of them lack the communication skills necessary because they spend too much time alone, engaged in video game playing. An addiction to video game playing, like an addiction to drugs often results in anti-social behavior and poor preformance at school.
citation needed

Until then, I call BS

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#67384 Jan 25, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
We are the only society in the "free" world that has too many laws, and too many laws makes too many prisoners. If the Feds legalized drugs, that alone would reduce the number of inmates in our prisons by more than half. Treatment is the answer, not incarceration.
Hear! Hear!

I agree with you on this one-- the current system of "regulating" drugs seems to literally be designed to created a culture of illegal activity.

In other words, if you deliberately set out to create a culture where a large fraction of the population (usually from among the poor) is incarcerated, I don't think you'd get better results.

And I agree 100%, that it ought to be treatment for drug abuse, be it illegal or legal drugs--it should not matter. With treatment, there is hope that the victim can return to productive society.

With incarceration? There is zero hope for that--none. What usually happens is that the victim becomes hardened into the criminal side of our culture-- the exact opposite of what would be useful.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#67385 Jan 25, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask them if aborted fetuses go to hell.
If they don't got to hell, then you don't have to accept Jesus to get to heaven.
If they do go to hell, that is one messed up god they have!
It's worse than that, Jim.:)

If the aborted fetuses go to heaven?

Then, as pointed out elsewhere, we would be doing them a favor, by aborting them-- as they'd never have a chance to fail, and get automatic heaven instead.

It's 100% proof that they True Believers™ do not believe their own lies.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#67386 Jan 25, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
In Andrea Yates church any young child goes to heaven if killed remember god told her to kill her children. And if you are a believer how can you deny it's not possible god did tell her to do that?
<quoted text>
Indeed.

None of these True Believers™ really believe their own hype.

None.

Proof? All the wailing and crying at their funerals.... instead of celebration as would be the case if they REALLY believed they were in heaven, instead of dead.

meh.
Proud Republican

Woodbridge, VA

#67387 Jan 25, 2013
ATHEISTS MARCH INTO AMERICA? WHAT THE WHAT? I LIKE TO KNOW WHO SENT THEM? IT SURE WASN'T GOD.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#67388 Jan 25, 2013
John wrote:
Atheism is a disbelief in God. Period.
You finally got something right!
John wrote:
That took its own forum, three plus years, and 64,000 plus posts?
End forum lmao.
Why end the forum?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#67389 Jan 25, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Why end the forum?
I'm shooting for 70,000 posts myself.

:)

It's a small goal, but one I ought to be able to accomplish.

After all, we must celebrate in this too-short life however we are able.

Right?

<laughing>
John

United States

#67390 Jan 25, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Why end the forum?
That would make one more than you. Your forum is for antitheists obviously. Have you got an example of evidence in this arena that meets your own criteria bigot? Nope. Since you are so insistent on attacking believers let's debate your nothing vs my something. That's a challenge you know wouldn't end well for you.

Now tell everyone how your forums atheism is simply disbelief in God. Transparent cowardice at its finest.
A gaggle of Obama voting progressives marching for nothing. Look at their brilliance. March, march,,,,

Santa Monica, CA

#67391 Jan 25, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm shooting for 70,000 posts myself.
:)
It's a small goal, but one I ought to be able to accomplish.
After all, we must celebrate in this too-short life however we are able.
Right?
<laughing>
LOL.:)

Santa Monica, CA

#67392 Jan 25, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
That would make one more than you. Your forum is for antitheists obviously. Have you got an example of evidence in this arena that meets your own criteria bigot? Nope.
Your question makes no sense, stupid.
John wrote:
Since you are so insistent on attacking believers let's debate your nothing vs my something. That's a challenge you know wouldn't end well for you.
Now tell everyone how your forums atheism is simply disbelief in God. Transparent cowardice at its finest.
Atheism is simply a disbelief in god(s), stupid.
I'm aching for a debate!
1. If god exists, there is evidence for his existence.
Now, do you agree with that statement or not?
:::crickets chirping:::
Notice, at this point we aren't discussing if such evidence exists or not.
Hello...
John...?
John wrote:
A gaggle of Obama voting progressives marching for nothing. Look at their brilliance. March, march,,,,
Why do con dumbs randomly toss Obama's name into every topic?

Since: Mar 11

United States

#67393 Jan 25, 2013
Exactly there could be no worse system of morals than Christianity. It gives everyone an out and worse they are in no way expected to make up for the damage they have done. Just say rub a dub dub Jesus and all is square. Stole a car? Jesus! Fixed. Raped 100 women? Jesus! Fixed. Killed 25 kids after molesting them? Jesus! Fixed.

Sad.
<quoted text>
Indeed.
It creates a culture of "It's not my fault" and "the devil made me do it! I'm innocent!"
The end result is you have a culture of zero responsibility to .. anyone.
Fast-forward to the present day, and you see atrocity, greed and guiltless wars over essentially nothing (mass distraction? yep)
Sound familiar? All because of that "Jewsus--forgive little old me!" magic spell.
The worst part? Under Genuine Christianity™, there is >>never<< reparations paid to the victims... never.
...ugh. It's an ugly religion.
John

United States

#67394 Jan 25, 2013
In other words despite there being no evidence at all tgat satisfies this forum they focus with specifity on the belief in something larger than us. This is truly some sort of mental disorder.

If Rose had a conscience there would be evidence of it.
There is no evidence Rose has a conscience.
Rose has no conscience.

I don't debate nothing Rose. I will expose your cowardly and illogical nothing though.

How does Rose decide which one of the following is most likely: something from nothing, always was, prime mover. You have no clue. Show us Rose. You always skip the evidence part.

Rather than volley back and forth what is and isn't evidence just make a case for ??????, and I'll reciprocate with the reasons/evidences for my belief in a prime mover. I know you are smarter than someone who mapped our genetic code and sees design. I know you are an expert in all the different disciplines that point to something larger than us. I have lots of cards to play Rose. You have nothing.

Why do you vote for a proven liar and failed ideologue that has bankrupted the country, pissed on the Constitution, lost 8 million jobs,,,,. It's part of the march, evidence be damned.

When atheists reign people die by the millions. That's the result of moral relativisim.

Still nothing about atheism in an atheism forum. Go exercise or something Rose. I suspect you are a bbw.

Santa Monica, CA

#67395 Jan 25, 2013
John wrote:
In other words despite there being no evidence at all tgat satisfies this forum they focus with specifity on the belief in something larger than us. This is truly some sort of mental disorder.
Rose has no conscience.
I don't debate nothing Rose.
You don't debate at all, John.
You just copy paste the same few posts again and again.
But I will try again.
1. If god exists, there is evidence of his existence.
Do you agree with that statement of or not?
John wrote:
I will expose your cowardly and illogical nothing though.
How does Rose decide which one of the following is most likely: something from nothing, always was, prime mover. You have no clue. Show us Rose. You always skip the evidence part.
Rather than volley back and forth what is and isn't evidence just make a case for ??????,
and I'll reciprocate with the reasons/evidences for my belief in a prime mover. I know you are smarter than someone who mapped our genetic code and sees design. I know you are an expert in all the different disciplines that point to something larger than us. I have lots of cards to play Rose. You have nothing.
Why do you vote for a proven liar and failed ideologue that has bankrupted the country, pissed on the Constitution, lost 8 million jobs,,,,. It's part of the march, evidence be damned.
When atheists reign people die by the millions. That's the result of moral relativisim.
Still nothing about atheism in an atheism forum. Go exercise or something Rose. I suspect you are a bbw.
You know someone is a desperate loser when the *only* argument they can come up with is "you're fat". LOL! That's it, that's your only card. And guess what, you're wrong. You can see by my pic.

John = stupid and wrong.
Again, atheism is just a disbelief in god(s). So, every time someone says they don't believe in god, that's something about atheism.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#67396 Jan 25, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Exactly there could be no worse system of morals than Christianity. It gives everyone an out and worse they are in no way expected to make up for the damage they have done. Just say rub a dub dub Jesus and all is square. Stole a car? Jesus! Fixed. Raped 100 women? Jesus! Fixed. Killed 25 kids after molesting them? Jesus! Fixed.
Sad.
<quoted text>
Sad indeed-- nothing about seeking forgiveness of those you wronged either.

ugh.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#67397 Jan 26, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you are so insistent on attacking believers let's debate your nothing vs my something. That's
Liar with no proof of god - can't admit he has no proof so he lies about attacks on believers.

You have no morals, so its impossible for you to sell us your ridiculous morality tale.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#67398 Jan 26, 2013
John wrote:
Rose has no conscience.
I don't debate nothing Rose. I will expose your cowardly and illogical nothing though.
Rather than volley back and forth what is and isn't evidence just make a case for ??????, and I'll reciprocate with the reasons/evidences for my belief in a prime mover. I know you are smarter than someone who mapped our genetic code and sees design. I know you are an expert in all the different disciplines that point to something larger than us. I have lots of cards to play Rose. You have nothing.
Still no proof of god - you can stop lying about god now.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#67399 Jan 26, 2013
Not only do you have no need to seek their forgiveness but you have no need to even attempt to make it right with them! Just say rub a dub dub Jesus and poof!
<quoted text>
Sad indeed-- nothing about seeking forgiveness of those you wronged either.
ugh.
John

United States

#67400 Jan 26, 2013
Another day of your lives spent on a God you don't believe in. Pathetic. I have been in here from page one and merely asked what you believe, how you quantify evidence, etc. Your forum has been exposed.

Now, if you are insistent on attacking a prime mover to mask your nothing Ill gladly debate my something vs your nothing. I've been told only video evidence is sufficient for you bigots LOL

Still no accountable position. Still no evidence that meets your own criteria. Your words and endless nothing clearly goes further than simply a lack of belief in God. You run into trouble when its time to look in the mirror or present some evidence.

Let's see one brave boy or girl with some intellectual honesty huh. You obviously worry I have a number of cards to play so you just choose not to take a seat at the table. Your forum. I'll just point and laugh.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True science that is repeatable and observable.
John

United States

#67401 Jan 26, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't debate at all, John.
You just copy paste the same few posts again and again.
But I will try again.
1. If god exists, there is evidence of his existence.
Do you agree with that statement of or not?
<quoted text>
You know someone is a desperate loser when the *only* argument they can come up with is "you're fat". LOL! That's it, that's your only card. And guess what, you're wrong. You can see by my pic.
John = stupid and wrong.
Again, atheism is just a disbelief in god(s). So, every time someone says they don't believe in god, that's something about atheism.
The desperation is having a forum about nothing. You have no voice without the God you don't believe in. I don't debate nothing loon, much less create a forum about it. There is a reason you can't answer my questions Rose. This has nothing to do with evidence. Your bigots despite your claim otherwise. How many times do you need to repeat you don't believe in God. I've never tried to convert you. You just need God for your nonargument. It's truly a mental illness. There are dozens of other possibilities for origin that are never attacked in here. You have an agenda and God is your target.

How do you rank the following possibilities: always was, something from nothing, prime mover. You always skip the substantive part because even your own paramaters are lacking.

Your nonargument argument is a twisted bizarro cultlike charade. Apparently that's in with fat girls.
Lincoln

United States

#67403 Jan 26, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Exactly there could be no worse system of morals than Christianity. It gives everyone an out and worse they are in no way expe..........
Sad.
<quoted text>
Rather moronic generalizations.
You would not last long in an academic classroom!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min Joe fortuna 233,149
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 8 min SnuffAGlobalisst 23
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 22 min ChristineM 5,949
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 47 min Mikko 23,266
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr woodtick57 2,620
Atheism: On the Rise? (Jan '13) 4 hr Dee 41
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 4 hr _Bad Company 1,458
More from around the web