Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,983

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Full Story
John

United States

#67361 Jan 24, 2013
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost three years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Three years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 64,640 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True
science that is repeatable and observable.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#67362 Jan 24, 2013
John wrote:
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost three years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Three years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 64,640 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True
science that is repeatable and observable.
John (the broken record) there have hundreds of responses to you and you have ignored them all.

Your OCD complex is getting the best of you.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#67363 Jan 24, 2013
Exactly that's why saying a rose smells good is not a fact but an opinion.

Maybe this short bus riding Christhole will put it together eventually?
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Givemeliberty
Whether one, some, or all think a rose smells good can be an opinion.
I state a rose smells good.
lol I know what you have been trying to say, the first time you responded....(Its just....psst
(Your 5th grade education can't get past relativism.)

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#67365 Jan 24, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Thank you and exactly! If a Hindu man raped his daughters after beating their mother and his his unconscious and then killed all of them he could later in prison become a Christian say run a dub dub Jesus and poof! He goes to heaven while his victims who never said rub a dub dub Jesus are burning in hell. Neato!
Seriously this is what Christians believe, some will begrudgingly admit it.
<quoted text>
Ask them if aborted fetuses go to hell.
If they don't got to hell, then you don't have to accept Jesus to get to heaven.
If they do go to hell, that is one messed up god they have!

Santa Monica, CA

#67366 Jan 24, 2013
John wrote:
Come on down bigots. Time for your links that don't have an accountable position Bob. You tried the same nothing as the current crop.
Lurkers watch closely. You will not see one accountable position of belief in this arena that meets the evidentiary standards they hold others to. They claim that's been done so it should be quite easy to find one example in over 64,000 posts. Oh yes, its that sick. They fight the God they don't believe in with all their intellectual impotence. Fight, march, know god, no god LOL.
It's a most ignorant bunch that is easily exposed. Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
John is a liar. I have stated my accountable position many, many times. He will not debate.
Here it is, again:
1. If god exists, there is evidence of his existence.
2. There is no evidence of his existence.
3. There is no god.
discordia

Denver, CO

#67367 Jan 24, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
If they don't got to hell, then you don't have to accept Jesus to get to heaven.
Rose Ho still marching around, hup, two, three, four

Lexington, KY

#67368 Jan 24, 2013
In Andrea Yates church any young child goes to heaven if killed remember god told her to kill her children. And if you are a believer how can you deny it's not possible god did tell her to do that?
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#67369 Jan 25, 2013
I believe you're a toilet trout.
John wrote:
Ask them what they believe.
John

United States

#67370 Jan 25, 2013
More claims of an accountable position of belief but no evidence. You don't believe in God Rose, don't rely on him for a nonposition.

If Rose had a conscience there would be evidence of one.
There is no evidence Rose had a conscience.
Rose has no conscience.

Fight that God, march, march, fight!
John

United States

#67371 Jan 25, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe your forum is filled with dancing monkeys. Dance for me. I know your nothing is scientifically impossible, but damn you can dance sister!

United States

#67372 Jan 25, 2013
Testify brother thinking!
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
John

United States

#67374 Jan 25, 2013
Witness the nothing. Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.

Santa Monica, CA

#67375 Jan 25, 2013
John wrote:
More claims of an accountable position of belief but no evidence. You don't believe in God Rose, don't rely on him for a nonposition.
John, you're not the sharpest tool in the shed, are you? Atheism is a disbelief in god. Period. Being an Atheist doesn't obligate me to explain the origins of life, the universe and everything.
John wrote:
If Rose had a conscience there would be evidence of one.
There is no evidence Rose had a conscience.
Rose has no conscience.
Fight that God, march, march, fight!
Again, you show you are rather dumb.
Let's compare your "argument" to mine.
To review:
1. If god exists, there is evidence of his existence.
2. There is no evidence of god's existence.
3. There is no god.

Let's compare the first statements.
My statement 1 makes sense because god is supposed to be all knowing, all powerful and involved in our lives through prayer. If he existed there would be evidence of his existence.(I can't even get you to debate that point...)
I'm none of those things, so your statement 1 makes no sense. I could have a conscience, yet there be no evidence of one. Strike one.

Now, our second statements. There is no evidence of a god. Prove me wrong, provide some.::::crickets chirping:::: And there is evidence I have a conscience, this post. Strike two.

Third statements. Both your statements 1 and 2 are false, so it follows that your statement 3 is false. Both my statements 1 and 2 are true, so, my statement 3 is true. Strike three.

Yer out!
John

United States

#67376 Jan 25, 2013
Atheism is a disbelief in God. Period. That took its own forum, three plus years, and 64,000 plus posts?

End forum lmao.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#67377 Jan 25, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
So you confess to being anti progress. Well that's more than many of your fellow Christholes. Throughout history your ilk has been anti progress. Don't build that telescope, you'll use it to look up god's skirt or see what he is beating off to in heaven! Don't you dare say the earth is round, does not the bible say the earth is square flat and resting on four pillars? Off with his head! Don't you dare mix those herbs with oils and try to cure a sickness or kill pain that makes you a witch! Burn the witch! Don't use stem cells to cure diseases! Jesus will weep at those frozen cells being harvested for good use instead of incinerated!
I could go on and on but you are simply following in the footsteps of the dullard Christians before you.
<quoted text>
Exactly. Had the Dark Ages, where Genuine Christianity™ ruled, not happen?

We would likely have human colonies on the moon and Mars by now. At the very least.

And think of all the wars that wouldn't have happened? meh.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#67378 Jan 25, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Thank you and exactly! If a Hindu man raped his daughters after beating their mother and his his unconscious and then killed all of them he could later in prison become a Christian say run a dub dub Jesus and poof! He goes to heaven while his victims who never said rub a dub dub Jesus are burning in hell. Neato!
Seriously this is what Christians believe, some will begrudgingly admit it.
<quoted text>
Indeed.

It creates a culture of "It's not my fault" and "the devil made me do it! I'm innocent!"

The end result is you have a culture of zero responsibility to .. anyone.

Fast-forward to the present day, and you see atrocity, greed and guiltless wars over essentially nothing (mass distraction? yep)

Sound familiar? All because of that "Jewsus--forgive little old me!" magic spell.

The worst part? Under Genuine Christianity™, there is >>never<< reparations paid to the victims... never.

...ugh. It's an ugly religion.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#67379 Jan 25, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ was not replaced by Harry Potter, Christ died a few thousands of years ago as a human being. He was never any god at all! There were never any gods among pseudo gods! They are all manmade!
The point was that Harry Potter books outsold the BuyBull on the world market.

And another nice distinction: people bought the Potter books to... READ.

Unlike the BuyBull, which is sold to give away, and which few people actually read.

As for Jewsus? He never existed as advertised. His stories are wild tales, cobbled together out of thousands of similar wild tales. At best, there were hundreds of religious leaders during the time he allegedly lived, and the best tales from those, were hammered together to create a fabricated cartoon-character named "jesus" in roughly 300CE.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#67380 Jan 25, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
The US has the biggest jail population of the world! How is that?
It is the result of the "haves" beating down on the "have-nots".

If you are rich enough? You can buy your way out of >>anything<< even murder.

But if you are poor? You all too often become a scapegoat, arrested for things you had nothing to do with, to satisfy the sheep's cries for ritualized revenge.

The end result, is huge populations of poor folk in prison.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#67381 Jan 25, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
giveme-whatever
uses the term
"..... Christholes....."
So much
for taking
this atheist seriously.
You deny the allegation that you are all hategodbots, then? In that your cult is one of hate for anyone who is not a member? And that you would use infinite torture on any non-members, and with delight in your mind when you think of that?

No? You don't deny that?

Good. That is progress, at least-- you admitting that you have a ...

...... problem.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#67382 Jan 25, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Most atheists do have the *opinion* that roses smell good. But we also know the difference between an opinion and a fact. You don't seem to be able to comprehend the difference.
As is the case with anyone who sees the world through eyes that have only experienced "argument from authority".

For that is what 100% of faith is: an argument from authority.

It's kinda sad to witness, though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 45 min Rosa_Winkel 233,058
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 51 min Even Steven 2,607
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Morse 23,241
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 2 hr Richardfs 166
God' existence 3 hr polymath257 84
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 7 hr Mikko 5
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 7 hr Mikko 1,452
More from around the web