Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments
64,601 - 64,620 of 70,959 Comments Last updated Monday Jul 7
Henry

Gräfentonna, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Thinking wrote:
Expellius religitardus!
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ was not replaced by Harry Potter, Christ died a few thousands of years ago as a human being. He was never any god at all! There were never any gods among pseudo gods! They are all manmade!
Henry

Gräfentonna, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
East Germany -DDR- was atheism in power, and dangerous.
Atheism may be a pure idea until the get power to enslave as in USSR
The US try to enslave th whole world with no sucess!
Henry

Gräfentonna, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Thinking wrote:
Expellius religitardus!
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ died around 2000years ago as a human being. It was never a god at no time at all! Among the socalled thousands of gods there was not a single one. They were all manmade! Religions are all myths or even crimes!
Henry

Gräfentonna, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Mostly of East Germany are atheists and they stay atheists! The billionairs of US try to enslave the whole world, but with no sucess!
Henry

Gräfentonna, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
The billionairs of the US were trying to enslave the whole world, but were unable to do so. In the nuclear age it is very dangerous for the human race!
Henry

Gräfentonna, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Thinking wrote:
Expellius religitardus!
<quoted text>
The Bible belt in the South of the United States is one the most backward regions of this country!
Henry

Gräfentonna, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
Among other things, the level of education in America continues to decline compared to other developed countries. We are no longer number one in the world. U.S. students fall behind 31 countries in math proficiency and behind 16 countries in reading proficiency. And if that's not bad enough, the U.S. ranks near the bottom of 17 affluent countries in life expectancy. Unbelievably and despite our advanced medical technology, the U.S. is 34th in the world in infant mortality! And all because amoral secularism focuses on personal convenience and entertainment more than it does anything else.
The US has the biggest jail population of the world! How is that?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Those "overweight" kids score higher on intellectual tests.
Despite your assumption, computers are not synonymous with genius.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
So you confess to being anti progress. Well that's more than many of your fellow Christholes. Throughout history your ilk has been anti progress. Don't build that telescope, you'll use it to look up god's skirt or see what he is beating off to in heaven! Don't you dare say the earth is round, does not the bible say the earth is square flat and resting on four pillars? Off with his head! Don't you dare mix those herbs with oils and try to cure a sickness or kill pain that makes you a witch! Burn the witch! Don't use stem cells to cure diseases! Jesus will weep at those frozen cells being harvested for good use instead of incinerated!
I could go on and on but you are simply following in the footsteps of the dullard Christians before you.
<quoted text>
giveme-whatever
uses the term

"..... Christholes....."

So much
for taking
this atheist seriously.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose Noho
(sigh)
I know. I think the only data that I have on the atheist position, from which I conclude, in which they all agree is that, they don't believe roses smell good....
Most atheists do have the *opinion* that roses smell good. But we also know the difference between an opinion and a fact. You don't seem to be able to comprehend the difference.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Yet unlike your god I have never commanded people to take slaves, rape children and put infants to the sword. All in all you should worship me instead.
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
giveme-whatever
uses the term
"..... Christholes....."
So much
for taking
this atheist seriously.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
.......... All in all you should worship me instead.
<quoted text>

We Do

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, let's look at the benefits of video games, shall we?
They aren't out doing drugs and shooting each other for real.
They learn hand-eye coordination that benefits them in any career.
They learn cooperation skills as well as advanced planning and critical thinking.
Because of these skills we have found a very good use for the video game player, they help us in chemistry and biology when dealing with three dimensional and spacial atomic structures.
Online they have access to more information than we ever dreamed even existed when we were their age.
They get exposed to various other cultures, increasing their international exposure will benefit any career in the future.
They often learn conversational levels of other languages simply because they need them to talk to their friends. I know a 12 year old Russian on IRC who is on there simply to learn English, and he's really good with the language, even better than most US christians.
Many kids are now even finding fame as their careers, through such sites as YouTube, and not even needing to work at fast food because of it.
Face it, you cannot outweigh the benefits no matter what you try. You just don't like the internet because it's where all religions come to die.
Educational video programs are one thing. Violent video games are quite another. The old adage, "Violence begats violence" is just as true in the 21st century as it was in ancient times.

The American Psychological Association says playing violent games correlates to "children being less caring and helpful toward their peers" and for good reason. These killing games reward violent behavior and decrease empathy for others. Repeated exposure to virtual killing desensitizes a child because in the virtual world there are no MORAL consequences. If you shoot somebody in one of these games, you don't go to jail, you get extra points! Further, when the kid experiences anxiety playing these games and he will, instead of learning to rely on reason to calm himself, he will externalize his anxiety by attacking something whether it be an object, his parents and siblings, or the family pet. Violent video games have been linked to inappropriate disruptive behavior in children and teens i.e. disrespect, the use of foul language, and unnecessary overly aggressive reactions in real time situations. Research shows that violent video games do cause some vulnerable children to lash out at their fellow schoolmates hence the rash of school shootings. It doesn't take a genius to realize what the effect will be when kids spend too much time with violence simulators that glorify gang culture, celebrate brutality, lionize crudeness, and trivialize violence toward others.

There are other ways to develop hand eye coordination, critical thinking and the like that don't require becoming a digital killer! At an age when children should be learning to build strong social relationships, many of them lack the communication skills necessary because they spend too much time alone, engaged in video game playing. An addiction to video game playing, like an addiction to drugs often results in anti-social behavior and poor preformance at school.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
The US has the biggest jail population of the world! How is that?
We are the only society in the "free" world that has too many laws, and too many laws makes too many prisoners. If the Feds legalized drugs, that alone would reduce the number of inmates in our prisons by more than half. Treatment is the answer, not incarceration.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the bombs over Hiroshima to drop were ordered by the US president Harry Truman. He was never been made responsible for these war crimes!
I suppose you think that the scientists who created this horrific method of mass destruction are somehow exempt from all responsibility, right? They were fully aware of the devastating consequences. A scientist is not a robotic machine. He has a conscience. He need only to find the courage to use it.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So you admit that you have no other purpose than to try to stop humans from progressing.
KittenKoder

Quite the opposite. I was just watching the water go by, and thinking how entropic the atheists mind exists in its inability to hold within itself two ideas at the same time....

Atheism is destinined to fail. After a civilization/society builds up, then it goes downhill. Those without the ability to know where they have been, don't know where they are going.

I am just an ole stick in the mud, watching the water go by....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
The problem is you lack the comprehension or education to understand the difference between fact and opinion. To say roses smell good is an opinion but you are trying to say it's a fact. As usual you are wrong.
Here let me help you retard. Say I think roses smell good or perhaps, many people think roses smell good. At that point you will be phrasing it with the ability of a 5th grade education! Hurray!
Glad to be of help. You're welcome.
<quoted text>
Givemeliberty

Whether one, some, or all think a rose smells good can be an opinion.

I state a rose smells good.

lol I know what you have been trying to say, the first time you responded....(Its just....psst

(Your 5th grade education can't get past relativism.)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
So you confess to being anti progress. Well that's more than many of your fellow Christholes. Throughout history your ilk has been anti progress. Don't build that telescope, you'll use it to look up god's skirt or see what he is beating off to in heaven! Don't you dare say the earth is round, does not the bible say the earth is square flat and resting on four pillars? Off with his head! Don't you dare mix those herbs with oils and try to cure a sickness or kill pain that makes you a witch! Burn the witch! Don't use stem cells to cure diseases! Jesus will weep at those frozen cells being harvested for good use instead of incinerated!
I could go on and on but you are simply following in the footsteps of the dullard Christians before you.
<quoted text>
Givemeliberty

Yes. Yes. You have plenty to say, with little behind it.

Without religion, there would have been no science to build technology.

You need to build on a solid foundation. Don't build your house on the bank of a river that floods....Oops. Sorry. I just saw your house go by....

Without ethics you will destroy all life. But you did it in the name of science. And thats all that matters.....(sigh)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Most atheists do have the *opinion* that roses smell good. But we also know the difference between an opinion and a fact. You don't seem to be able to comprehend the difference.
polymath257

lol....No. It just took me a long time to get an atheist to give me an *opinion*.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
The US try to enslave th whole world with no sucess!
I am shocked to find an anti-American radical in the forum about nothing. Do you loons get a newsletter. Keep pushing.

Still no evidence that meets your own rules. No accountable position. Nothing much to all. So much for the self-proclaimed intellectuals. Pffft.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr sweets2360 224,357
Our world came from nothing? 11 hr NightSerf 240
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 14 hr Patrick 385
What does "Atheism" mean? 16 hr Reason Personified 10
Introducing The Universal Religion 17 hr Reason Personified 733
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 22 hr DonPanic 21,400
Talking some sense into you people... 23 hr religionisillness 24
•••
•••