Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments
64,581 - 64,600 of 70,983 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 5

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#67317 Jan 23, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Yes we see.
<quoted text>
Givemeliberty

Well as your life flows to eternity, atheists soon lose sight of the stick in mud in the stream. I am slowing the pace and getting in your way, as a stick in the mud.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#67318 Jan 23, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Here's how it usually breaks down.
Sane poster: So anyways do you have any proof that this go is anything other than a figment of the imagination?
Believer: Hitler was an atheist!
Sane Poster: Uhhhmm wtf? No but anyways any proof that...
Believer: You worship science look at this scientists who was caught lying by other scientists haha!
Sane Poster: And? So anyways how is that observable evidence for...
Believer: Look at all the Christians in the world!
Sane Poster: Yes people can be easily deluded so anyways how do we observe evidence for this god chap?
Believer: Obama swore in on the bible not a copy of the god delusion!
Same poster: And? Look all I am saying is why is it a good thing to believe something on faith alone without a Hint of proof?
Believer: You believe a rock rolled into a puddle because of the Big Bang and then people and all the animals came running out of that rock and puddle!
Same poster:..... I have never heard such a thing but at least in that example we have proof of rocks and puddles so it's still more plausible than a god doing it right?
And on and on :)
<quoted text>
We need a "slam dunk" judge it icon.

Santa Monica, CA

#67319 Jan 23, 2013
BBSting wrote:
In an amoral society anything goes if the end justifies the means.
The ethical bankruptcy of secularism, as evidenced in the profitability and popularity of violent video games, is behind a rash of mass murders committed by desensitized kids who think killing sprees are a form of entertainment!
Spare me. There is only one reason we didn't have violent video games a generation ago. Morality had nothing to do with it. The technology didn't exist. Kids had toy soldiers, tanks and guns.

Santa Monica, CA

#67320 Jan 23, 2013
John wrote:
March, march, march...hate that God you don't believe in.
You loons create so many bullshit tangents to avoid your nothing its more incredible than something from nothing.
Atheistic regimes have been responsible for more death than all other religions combined. It isn't even close.
If you don't accept a historical Jesus you must also reject a broad range of other history.
Why? Can you give a real reason, some examples?
John wrote:
Moral relativism is a sickness. There is something beyond societal values and mores called the natural law.
This stumped you bigots three years ago, but you like to repeat bullshit until you believe it.
Do any of you have an accountable position to debate? Of course not you're just throwing irrelevant crappy against a wall hoping something sticks.
I've given my accountable position many, many times. But you won't even debate point 1!
1. If god exists, there is evidence for his existence.
By "god", I mean a god like one in the buy-bull. All knowing, all powerful, truthful, cares about what we do, and says he'll answer our prayers. If "god" can mean anything, there is nothing to debate. In fact, it seems to me, that if god existed, there would be some much evidence of his existence, we'd no more debate his existence than we would debate the existence of gravity.
2. There is no evidence of god's existence.
3. There is no god.

So, John, come on, debate!
John wrote:
Nothing is ridiculous. Atheists have both male and female genitalia. Atheists boil children in puppy blood. Is tgat how it works?
Still no takers willing to debate the nothing vs the something.
Why waste perfectly good puppy blood?
Lincoln

United States

#67321 Jan 23, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
If given a choice, today's computerfied kid will take a game controller over a book any day, and not just the Bible.
unsubstantiated generalization, amusing, may reveal more about the poster than kids

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#67323 Jan 23, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
And boobies! You hate boobies as well right?
Violence? You can get all the violence you want out of the bible so I guess we must remove that violent book from our children's view.
<quoted text>
Brilliant!

And the BuyBull is also full of rape, slavery, forced-sex-brides, incest, murder, infanticide.

And these are just the actions of it's GOD! Nasty piece of work is the BuyBull.

Rated Triple-X, at the very least. Just for the rape scenes alone.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#67324 Jan 23, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
If given a choice, today's computerfied kid will take a game controller over a book any day, and not just the Bible.
That is because the game controller lets him interact with the activity.

In direct contrast to the BuyBull where all you can do is read it and become a mindless drone.

Or, if you manage to keep THINKING while you read it? An atheist.

Either way-- in this case, there is little chance of a third outcome.

So it's a good thing kids are avoiding the evil BuyBull.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#67325 Jan 23, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Yes indeed Harry Potter has replaced Jesus Christ and that's a good thing.
<quoted text>
Indeed it is--- Harry Potter teaches kids that it doesn't matter who you were born as--

-- what matters is HOW YOU CHOOSE TO LIVE.

Something that Genuine Christianity™ does NOT teach: it has the "always forgive no matter what" thing.

Meaning that even Voldemort could get into heaven-- simply by saying "Jewsus forgive me" at the last second.

Which teaches kids that they may do ANYTHING-- anything at all, and get away with it.

Not a good lesson to teach.
insidesecrets

Albuquerque, NM

#67326 Jan 23, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Among other things, the level of education in America continues to decline compared to other developed countries. We are no longer number one in the world. U.S. students fall behind 31 countries in math proficiency and behind 16 countries in reading proficiency. And if that's not bad enough, the U.S. ranks near the bottom of 17 affluent countries in life expectancy. Unbelievably and despite our advanced medical technology, the U.S. is 34th in the world in infant mortality! And all because amoral secularism focuses on personal convenience and entertainment more than it does anything else.
insideseacrets

Albuquerque, NM

#67327 Jan 23, 2013
All religions are distortive, so is science. Both arrive at approximations, at best, of reality. Religions has been the cause of much prejudice and cruelty, but the bombs over Hiroshima were not dropped by God. Science is apt to turn into another religion, if it has not done so already. The distortions in religion and science have been truly disasterous. Atheists and the religious alike demonstrate that any fanaticism is vicious, one-sided, and limiting. causing a kind of tunnel vision that is dangerous.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#67328 Jan 23, 2013
insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
Among other things, the level of education in America continues to decline compared to other developed countries. We are no longer number one in the world. U.S. students fall behind 31 countries in math proficiency and behind 16 countries in reading proficiency. And if that's not bad enough, the U.S. ranks near the bottom of 17 affluent countries in life expectancy. Unbelievably and despite our advanced medical technology, the U.S. is 34th in the world in infant mortality! And all because amoral secularism focuses on personal convenience and entertainment more than it does anything else.
No thanks to computer technology, America is growing a crop of overweight stupefied kids who don't know how to use their imaginations. You rarely see them playing outside of their own free will and volition. Instead they are planted in front of their game boxes munching bags of Doritos and downing soft drinks by the gallon. Parents, educators, and doctors are seeing creative and spontaneous play disappear in the wake of increased video game play time. In order to function well in the real world, children must experience “actual reality, not virtual reality".

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#67329 Jan 23, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Givemeliberty
Well as your life flows to eternity, atheists soon lose sight of the stick in mud in the stream. I am slowing the pace and getting in your way, as a stick in the mud.
So you admit that you have no other purpose than to try to stop humans from progressing.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#67330 Jan 23, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
No thanks to computer technology, America is growing a crop of overweight stupefied kids who don't know how to use their imaginations. You rarely see them playing outside of their own free will and volition. Instead they are planted in front of their game boxes munching bags of Doritos and downing soft drinks by the gallon. Parents, educators, and doctors are seeing creative and spontaneous play disappear in the wake of increased video game play time. In order to function well in the real world, children must experience “actual reality, not virtual reality".
Those "overweight" kids score higher on intellectual tests.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#67331 Jan 23, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, let's look at the benefits of video games, shall we?

They aren't out doing drugs and shooting each other for real.
They learn hand-eye coordination that benefits them in any career.
They learn cooperation skills as well as advanced planning and critical thinking.
Because of these skills we have found a very good use for the video game player, they help us in chemistry and biology when dealing with three dimensional and spacial atomic structures.

Online they have access to more information than we ever dreamed even existed when we were their age.
They get exposed to various other cultures, increasing their international exposure will benefit any career in the future.
They often learn conversational levels of other languages simply because they need them to talk to their friends. I know a 12 year old Russian on IRC who is on there simply to learn English, and he's really good with the language, even better than most US christians.
Many kids are now even finding fame as their careers, through such sites as YouTube, and not even needing to work at fast food because of it.

Face it, you cannot outweigh the benefits no matter what you try. You just don't like the internet because it's where all religions come to die.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#67332 Jan 24, 2013
The problem is you lack the comprehension or education to understand the difference between fact and opinion. To say roses smell good is an opinion but you are trying to say it's a fact. As usual you are wrong.

Here let me help you retard. Say I think roses smell good or perhaps, many people think roses smell good. At that point you will be phrasing it with the ability of a 5th grade education! Hurray!

Glad to be of help. You're welcome.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose Noho
(sigh)
I know. I think the only data that I have on the atheist position, from which I conclude, in which they all agree is that, they don't believe roses smell good....
And because of that I will try and keep roses away from any atheists I come across, and tell them why....

United States

#67333 Jan 24, 2013
So you confess to being anti progress. Well that's more than many of your fellow Christholes. Throughout history your ilk has been anti progress. Don't build that telescope, you'll use it to look up god's skirt or see what he is beating off to in heaven! Don't you dare say the earth is round, does not the bible say the earth is square flat and resting on four pillars? Off with his head! Don't you dare mix those herbs with oils and try to cure a sickness or kill pain that makes you a witch! Burn the witch! Don't use stem cells to cure diseases! Jesus will weep at those frozen cells being harvested for good use instead of incinerated!

I could go on and on but you are simply following in the footsteps of the dullard Christians before you.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Givemeliberty

Louisville, KY

#67334 Jan 24, 2013
Thank you kindly darlin :)
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
We need a "slam dunk" judge it icon.

Louisville, KY

#67335 Jan 24, 2013
Thank you and exactly! If a Hindu man raped his daughters after beating their mother and his his unconscious and then killed all of them he could later in prison become a Christian say run a dub dub Jesus and poof! He goes to heaven while his victims who never said rub a dub dub Jesus are burning in hell. Neato!

Seriously this is what Christians believe, some will begrudgingly admit it.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed it is--- Harry Potter teaches kids that it doesn't matter who you were born as--
-- what matters is HOW YOU CHOOSE TO LIVE.
Something that Genuine Christianity™ does NOT teach: it has the "always forgive no matter what" thing.
Meaning that even Voldemort could get into heaven-- simply by saying "Jewsus forgive me" at the last second.
Which teaches kids that they may do ANYTHING-- anything at all, and get away with it.
Not a good lesson to teach.
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#67336 Jan 24, 2013
insideseacrets wrote:
All religions are distortive, so is science. Both arrive at approximations, at best, of reality. Religions has been the cause of much prejudice and cruelty, but the bombs over Hiroshima were not dropped by God. Science is apt to turn into another religion, if it has not done so already. The distortions in religion and science have been truly disasterous. Atheists and the religious alike demonstrate that any fanaticism is vicious, one-sided, and limiting. causing a kind of tunnel vision that is dangerous.
Yes, the bombs over Hiroshima to drop were ordered by the US president Harry Truman. He was never been made responsible for these war crimes!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#67337 Jan 24, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Expellius religitardus!
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ was not replaced by Harry Potter, Christ died a few thousands of years ago as a human being. He was never any god at all! There were never any gods among pseudo gods! They are all manmade!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min KiMare 226,287
Our world came from nothing? 12 min Carchar king 409
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 39 min Thinking 21,500
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 2 hr Patrick 42
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 2 hr Patrick 21
100% Faith Free 2 hr Thinking 11
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr ChristineM 902
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••