Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments
64,501 - 64,520 of 70,985 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 5

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Unless you are able to demonstrate where I have misspoken or made an error your ad hom attacks are meaningless and laughed at by your betters.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Givemeliberty
1,2,3 I thought you might have enough ability to critically think. I was mistaken. Your world is opinion, and it seems to center on excrement.

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Well seeing as how I have humiliated you with your wrongness and your retarded-ness may I suggest you go to your doctor and get back on your medicines-ness you you will demonstrate less stupidness?

And while you are at it learn the difference between fact and opinion, subjective and objective. You obviously lack the IQ to even understand that concept-ness.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a-ness!
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. You have proved I have no need for further communication.

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Like many believers retarded Robert there lacks the resources to grasp the difference between fact and opinion. I had an old teacher in high school who loved the smell of skunk! Seriously he adored that nasty stench! He could care less about flowers of any sort but loved him some skunk.

Lol
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
"Good" is a subjective concept, that is all. It's time for you to enter the present, instead of living in the archaic past.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Like many believers retarded Robert there lacks the resources to grasp the difference between fact and opinion. I had an old teacher in high school who loved the smell of skunk! Seriously he adored that nasty stench! He could care less about flowers of any sort but loved him some skunk.
Lol
<quoted text>
My dad loved car oil. He actually liked the smell. lol It's strange when you consider all the different things people enjoy, and compare them to what you enjoy. Living organisms are so fascinating because of these differences.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Doesn't make it true.
John wrote:
I believe in...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Thinking wrote:
Doesn't make it true.
<quoted text>
Indeed not. Belief does not have to be reality-based.

Which is why it's flawed as a tool to learning new things.

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Lol! Exactly! Now if your dad said to stop and smell the car oil not everyone would go along with that. But it just goes to show how varied opinions can be. Retarded Robert thinks his opinion is fact and even if one disagrees with his opinion it's still a fact.

Much like many believers the belief in god retards their full potential.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
My dad loved car oil. He actually liked the smell. lol It's strange when you consider all the different things people enjoy, and compare them to what you enjoy. Living organisms are so fascinating because of these differences.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Bob of quantum nothing is back LOL. You must have some evidence. Surely you just aren't here to attack believers instead of bringing something of your own.

What did Bob learn in six months? Nothing. Bigotry stifles learning and is decidely not freethinking.

Anyone notice the antitheists duck anything substantive. Of course they have. Atheism exposed 101.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Rose_NoHo wrote:
The myth of atheist obligation:
Theists often act as if a person states they don't believe in god, they are obligated to come up with an alternate explanation for...well, everything.
But that's just not the case. Since there is no evidence for a god, there is no reason to even entertain the idea that there is one. Again, that doesn't obligate an atheist to come up with a counter to this god, to somehow explain how life, the universe and everything began.
People who claim there is a god should back up that claim with evidence. So, why don't they?
Rose NoHo

I tend to agree. Such persons are apatheists.

Similarly, atheists often act as if a person states they do believe in God, they are then obligated to come up with an explanation for...well, everything.(Note: A believer in God does not know everything, and because their God does know everything, does not mean that they know everything.)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know there is a difference between facts and opinions? A person can break down the scent of a rose to its chemical components. Someone can make a statement about the chemicals that is either true or false. Like "the scent this rose contains turpentine". Either it does or it doesn't. But whether or not a rose smells good is a matter of opinion.
Rose Noho

Pluto is a planet
Pluto is not a planet.

Are they both opinions? Are they both facts? Does a fact change into an opinion?

A rose smells good.
A rose does not smell good.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
"Good" is a subjective concept, that is all. It's time for you to enter the present, instead of living in the archaic past.
KittenKodder

If good is subjective, then there is no justice. If there is no justice then there is no morality. But if there is moral outrage when injustice is done....then good is not subjective.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
It smells good to some people under certain circumstances. it isn't a fundamental property of the rose, but a property of how humans respond to the chemicals released by the rose. A pile of feces would smell good to a fly.
polymath257

This does not preclude the fact that good exists, in either case....

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose Noho
Pluto is a planet
Pluto is not a planet.
Are they both opinions? Are they both facts? Does a fact change into an opinion?
A rose smells good.
A rose does not smell good.
I knew a Rose who didn't smell so good.

But once you got past the smell,...she wasn't bad.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
The statement is ambiguous. Some people might find that a rose smells good, and others might find that it does not.
Drew Smith

Roses smell good.

No there is ambiguity in the mind of the observer, not in the statement....

So I will go out on a limb and say that to some roses do not smell good....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Unless you are able to demonstrate where I have misspoken or made an error your ad hom attacks are meaningless and laughed at by your betters.
<quoted text>
Givemeliberty

Since you argue out of ignorance, I refused further comment.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed not. Belief does not have to be reality-based.
Which is why it's flawed as a tool to learning new things.
Did your pastor let you in on the new things he learned about you? Maybe he's just setting you up for a fall. How did summer camp go this year?
>:]

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Atheists would be happy if any of you could demonstrate your god is anything more than your imaginary friend.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose NoHo
I tend to agree. Such persons are apatheists.
Similarly, atheists often act as if a person states they do believe in God, they are then obligated to come up with an explanation for...well, everything.(Note: A believer in God does not know everything, and because their God does know everything, does not mean that they know everything.)

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Ladies and gentlemen. We see this halfwit has been reduced to stealing my posts word for word.

Still waiting for you to show that your god is anything more than a product of someone's imagination.

Also do learn the difference between fact and opinion because you are really making a jackass out of yourself.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Givemeliberty
Since you argue out of ignorance, I refused further comment.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Freethinkers would be happy if you didn't embarass them with a forum about nothing. Fight that God you don't believe in. March, fight! Gooooooo nothing.

Still no evidence in the atheism forum. Only the most gullible fall for their substantively devoid agenda. It does explain their Obama votes though.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True science that is repeatable and observable.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Atheists would be happy if any of you could demonstrate your god is anything more than your imaginary friend.
<quoted text>
Happy Atheists
should be our goal?:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 39 min River Tam 225,655
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr mannnu81 21,463
Hollywood Actor Reveals What He Thinks Is 'Weir... 1 hr religionisillness 104
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr religionisillness 365
The Ultimate Evidence of God 1 hr religionisillness 44
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' 1 hr religionisillness 84
If Christianity were true... 1 hr religionisillness 151

Search the Atheism Forum:
•••