Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,983

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Full Story

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#67214 Jan 21, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Enters the kingdom of god like a child. Well it took you long enough to get into the zombie Jesus horsesht didn't it?
Society says you would live a better life if you got back on your medication screwball.
<quoted text>
Ditto last response.

Location hidden

#67215 Jan 21, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
And you are showing great stupidness and lameness. Perhaps you should talk to your doctor about getting you on some antipsychotics -ness?
And we see Robert dive head first into the deep end of stupidity.
<quoted text>
lol. You have proved I have no need for further communication.

Location hidden

#67216 Jan 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, "good" is subjective. Until you comprehend that you will never progress beyond superstition.
KittenKoder

Good is a form....Plato.

Location hidden

#67217 Jan 21, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm...the essence of the rose is observed through the senses? I'm not sure what that even means, let alone whether it is true. We certainly detect the chemicals released by the rose through our senses. I wold suspect that a creature or individual with a differently built nose would not necessarily detect the rose as smelling good.
<quoted text>
So you are limiting truth to only the raw sensory detection? In that case, we can't even tell that there is really a rose there: we only see light and smell chemicals.
If good is a form, then it is not an idea....Plato

The senses deals with forms. The mind deals with ideas. Understanding deals with concepts.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#67218 Jan 21, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
The senses deals with forms. The mind deals with ideas. Understanding deals with concepts.
And Plato, while he made a good attempt for 2400 years ago, was wrong about a great many things, including his concept of form.

How about trying a philosopher from *after* the scientific revolution?
Lincoln

United States

#67219 Jan 21, 2013
John wrote:
LOL. You should deal with the veracity of the claim not where you think it came from. Multiple reverends/others in the Chicago community are on the record stating this. I don't think they watch Fox.
What are the requirements to be educated at a madras in Indonesia? You do realize there are records of his registration, complete with Islam as the listed religion.
If this concerns you, maybe you should have vetted him beyond the rhetoric.
Perhaps his conversion is legitimate. Perhaps it was convenient. Perhaps he still embraces his previous religious beliefs. Perhaps he is an atheist.
Again, I can't see into his heart. The facts are what they ate though. I do know he is a frequent liar.
Progressives aren't good for freedom of religion and many other freedoms. You can check history, use some common sense, or watch Fox News and its clear.
You know who else is on board with this bozo? The liberal atheists of this forum. Coincidence?
You lost the election,.... we feel your pain.
President Obama is a Christian President as was GW Bush, GHW Bush,Clinton, Reagan, Carter, Nixon, Johnson, JFK, FDR and HST.
America likes religion.
John

United States

#67220 Jan 21, 2013
Everybody lost whether they know it or not. Keep stumping for the guy who voted for infanticide. Keep stumping for the guy who defiantly infringes on religious freedoms. Doesn't much matter. The dominoes are falling and when shit hits the fan another I told you so will hardly matter.

Great job picking your friend. Well thought out. Hey, at least the economy is turning around lmao.

Run from the facts Lincoln. Run fast. Soon you'll be marching. Might as well.

Location hidden

#67221 Jan 21, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
And Plato, while he made a good attempt for 2400 years ago, was wrong about a great many things, including his concept of form.
How about trying a philosopher from *after* the scientific revolution?
polymath257

You are right....Then a circle is not a circle. A form is not a form. One can reduce it to a particular or a universal.., and make it a subject in a grammer problem, which is what most philosophers have done. But why go to all that trouble?

A rose smells good....Accept or reject the statement. The statement does not change.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#67222 Jan 21, 2013
The myth of atheist obligation:

Theists often act as if a person states they don't believe in god, they are obligated to come up with an alternate explanation for...well, everything.

But that's just not the case. Since there is no evidence for a god, there is no reason to even entertain the idea that there is one. Again, that doesn't obligate an atheist to come up with a counter to this god, to somehow explain how life, the universe and everything began.
People who claim there is a god should back up that claim with evidence. So, why don't they?

Santa Monica, CA

#67223 Jan 21, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
polymath257
You are right....Then a circle is not a circle. A form is not a form. One can reduce it to a particular or a universal.., and make it a subject in a grammer problem, which is what most philosophers have done. But why go to all that trouble?
A rose smells good....Accept or reject the statement. The statement does not change.
Do you know there is a difference between facts and opinions? A person can break down the scent of a rose to its chemical components. Someone can make a statement about the chemicals that is either true or false. Like "the scent this rose contains turpentine". Either it does or it doesn't. But whether or not a rose smells good is a matter of opinion.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#67224 Jan 21, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
"Good" is a subjective concept, that is all. It's time for you to enter the present, instead of living in the archaic past.
John

United States

#67225 Jan 21, 2013
There is no need to debate nothing. In fact, its bizzare how hard you fight for it. You have an agenda Rose, one that is decidely antitheist. This has nothing to do with evidence. Your forum doesn't have one example of evidence that meets your own criteria in this arena so what's the point?

Evidence is just a word you use loosely. Logic, natural, and rational are others. You can't even make up a rational, logical, natural beginning. Get your nothing out of here!

I believe in a prime mover based on information from various sources to include scientific disciplines as well as a multitude of others. The suggestion there is no evidence or reasons to have such a belief is incorrect. I don't play the nothing game. If you have such a hatred for a God you don't believe in, that's on you. When you try to marginalize that belief I'll be here to expose you.

....and you have been exposed. How does Rose quantify the following possibilities: always was, prime mover, something from nothing. Go ahead bigot. Show your work and make sure it meets your own criteria.

Rose has also ducked my challenge to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position she will make a case for. I don't debate nothing. I'm also more of a freethinker then this dishonest forum.

It's your forum about nothing. So be it.

Nothing Bless

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#67226 Jan 21, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
polymath257
It smells good to some people under certain circumstances. it isn't a fundamental property of the rose, but a property of how humans respond to the chemicals released by the rose. A pile of feces would smell good to a fly.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#67227 Jan 21, 2013
Robert F wrote:
The statement is ambiguous. Some people might find that a rose smells good, and others might find that it does not.
John

United States

#67228 Jan 21, 2013
Are we talking about the same Rose?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#67229 Jan 21, 2013
John wrote:
....and you have been exposed. How does Rose quantify the following possibilities: always was, prime mover, something from nothing. Go ahead bigot. Show your work and make sure it meets your own criteria.
Rose has also ducked my challenge to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position she will make a case for. I don't debate nothing. I'm also more of a freethinker then this dishonest forum.
It's your forum about nothing. So be it.
Nothing Bless
You dodged her, stop projecting.

Santa Monica, CA

#67230 Jan 21, 2013
John wrote:
There is no need to debate nothing. In fact, its bizzare how hard you fight for it. You have an agenda Rose, one that is decidely antitheist. This has nothing to do with evidence.(snip)
Yes it does. Provide evidence god exists. Or STFU. Deal?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#67231 Jan 21, 2013
Oh look! I've taken a vacation from Topix, and I return 6 months later.

And John has learned exactly ... nothing in all that time.

Pretty sad, really.

But it is a classic example of the price religion demands of it's victims: static minds, devoid of original thought.

A waste, really...

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#67232 Jan 21, 2013
Unless you are able to demonstrate where I have misspoken or made an error your ad hom attacks are meaningless and laughed at by your betters.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Givemeliberty
1,2,3 I thought you might have enough ability to critically think. I was mistaken. Your world is opinion, and it seems to center on excrement.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#67233 Jan 21, 2013
Well seeing as how I have humiliated you with your wrongness and your retarded-ness may I suggest you go to your doctor and get back on your medicines-ness you you will demonstrate less stupidness?

And while you are at it learn the difference between fact and opinion, subjective and objective. You obviously lack the IQ to even understand that concept-ness.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a-ness!
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. You have proved I have no need for further communication.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 18 min Eagle 12 2,173
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 39 min Aura Mytha 232,682
God' existence 3 hr polymath257 55
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 3 hr polymath257 112
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 4 hr Geezerjock 1
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 4 hr _Bad Company 1,436
Australia: black magic pervert retard 5 hr Thinking 4
Evidence for God! 7 hr ChristineM 366