Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,979

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#67196 Jan 20, 2013
There I fixed it for you retard!

You're welcome.
Retarded John wrote:
Another day of ineptitude from the theists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost three years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate proof of a prime mover. Three years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence of a prime mover. These are angry agenda driven christians that don't give a damn about the evidence for their imaginary god.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. I have to ask myself because I have no friends and couldn't get laid if I was an egg!
Stump a theist! Ask them why they believe. True
science is repeatable and observable which is proof against a prime mover.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#67197 Jan 20, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
KittenKodder
The rose still smells good.
It is your allervy, fear of an allergic reaction, and conditioned response that makes a rose the richness of a rose to be avoided.
No, "good" is subjective. Until you comprehend that you will never progress beyond superstition.
John

United States

#67198 Jan 21, 2013
Get your nothing out of here! Fight, march, hate that God. You are merely tolerated. Give your families a gift this year, don't attend holiday celebrations. You remind them of their failures. Those eye rolls are for you.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#67199 Jan 21, 2013
I believe you're a massive fuckwit.
John wrote:
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#67201 Jan 21, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
polymath257
I would and...,
In this case, that roses release certain chemicals....But this is not a simple fact, it is a compounded fact. It would be better to say a rose smells good, and not the chemicals released smell good.
When we have a compound fact, one reduces a fact to its simplist form, in this case we are speaking of the essence of the rose, which is observed through the senses.
Hmmm...the essence of the rose is observed through the senses? I'm not sure what that even means, let alone whether it is true. We certainly detect the chemicals released by the rose through our senses. I wold suspect that a creature or individual with a differently built nose would not necessarily detect the rose as smelling good.
And also we have a remembrance(opinion) of a rose, which also, changes in time. Each time one remembers, the memory changes. But this did not change when the rose was first smelled.
A fact doesn't change. Accumulating and remembering a fact does change in time....
So you are limiting truth to only the raw sensory detection? In that case, we can't even tell that there is really a rose there: we only see light and smell chemicals.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#67202 Jan 21, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm...the essence of the rose is observed through the senses? I'm not sure what that even means, let alone whether it is true. We certainly detect the chemicals released by the rose through our senses. I wold suspect that a creature or individual with a differently built nose would not necessarily detect the rose as smelling good.
<quoted text>
So you are limiting truth to only the raw sensory detection? In that case, we can't even tell that there is really a rose there: we only see light and smell chemicals.
Athiests have yet to concede that sensory detection involves more than one's five senses.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#67203 Jan 21, 2013
But what about Atheists?
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
Athiests have yet to concede that sensory detection involves more than one's five senses.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#67204 Jan 21, 2013
digitaldan wrote:
It also involves the rest of the brain to process the detection.

Were you suggesting that there was something else beyond that?

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#67205 Jan 21, 2013
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it also takes the interpretation of the brain acting upon that raw sensory information. Is that what you are talking about?
Lincoln

United States

#67206 Jan 21, 2013
Christianity was prominent in todays inauguration of President Obama.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#67207 Jan 21, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Christianity was prominent in todays inauguration of President Obama.
I guess that shows the lie that says that Obama isn't Christian.
John

United States

#67208 Jan 21, 2013
Not really. He became Christian when told it was a necessity for a community organizer to make inroads in Chicago. Shortly after he became a member of First Trinity, where he sat for decades not hearing the in-American filth preached by Wright.

Prior to that he was registered as a Muslim in Indonesia. Only nothing can see in his heart what he believes.

Would you like to debate your clown prince or your nothing. Both are indefensible.
Lincoln

United States

#67209 Jan 21, 2013
John wrote:
Not really. He became Christian when told it was a necessity for a community organizer to make inroads in Chicago. Shortly after he became a member of First Trinity, where he sat for decades not hearing the in-American filth preached by Wright.
Prior to that he was registered as a Muslim in Indonesia. Only nothing can see in his heart what he believes.
Would you like to debate your clown prince or your nothing. Both are indefensible.
fox bullsh*t
John

United States

#67211 Jan 21, 2013
LOL. You should deal with the veracity of the claim not where you think it came from. Multiple reverends/others in the Chicago community are on the record stating this. I don't think they watch Fox.
What are the requirements to be educated at a madras in Indonesia? You do realize there are records of his registration, complete with Islam as the listed religion.
If this concerns you, maybe you should have vetted him beyond the rhetoric.
Perhaps his conversion is legitimate. Perhaps it was convenient. Perhaps he still embraces his previous religious beliefs. Perhaps he is an atheist.
Again, I can't see into his heart. The facts are what they ate though. I do know he is a frequent liar.
Progressives aren't good for freedom of religion and many other freedoms. You can check history, use some common sense, or watch Fox News and its clear.
You know who else is on board with this bozo? The liberal atheists of this forum. Coincidence?
John

United States

#67212 Jan 21, 2013
March, march, march,......we don't need no evidence, we don't need no thought control no dark sarcasm in the classroom. antitheists leave that evidence alone. Hey! Antitheists! Leave that evidence alone!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#67213 Jan 21, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
1: and 2: The butterfly effect was already gently explained to you once. You are just making a retarded jackass out of yourself now.
3: Uhm are you mentally deficient? No seriously you are dancing very close to the turd which needs to be flushed status as it seems now you are just posting word salad.
<quoted text>
Givemeliberty

1,2,3 I thought you might have enough ability to critically think. I was mistaken. Your world is opinion, and it seems to center on excrement.

Location hidden

#67214 Jan 21, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Enters the kingdom of god like a child. Well it took you long enough to get into the zombie Jesus horsesht didn't it?
Society says you would live a better life if you got back on your medication screwball.
<quoted text>
Ditto last response.

Location hidden

#67215 Jan 21, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
And you are showing great stupidness and lameness. Perhaps you should talk to your doctor about getting you on some antipsychotics -ness?
And we see Robert dive head first into the deep end of stupidity.
<quoted text>
lol. You have proved I have no need for further communication.

Location hidden

#67216 Jan 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, "good" is subjective. Until you comprehend that you will never progress beyond superstition.
KittenKoder

Good is a form....Plato.

Location hidden

#67217 Jan 21, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
If good is a form, then it is not an idea....Plato

The senses deals with forms. The mind deals with ideas. Understanding deals with concepts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 51 min thetruth 16,713
The Consequences of Atheism 55 min thetruth 734
.com | Why is Atheism on the Rise - Final Response 57 min thetruth 6
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 58 min thetruth 235,622
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr thetruth 4,794
Reply to an Atheist on the terms freethough and... 13 hr geezerjock 1
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 16 hr EdSed 319
More from around the web