Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments (Page 3,224)

Showing posts 64,461 - 64,480 of70,959
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
I have a smoking hot Russian friend and she is deathly allergic to roses. Not just the scent but even if she touches a petal or stem let alone the thorns!
She hates them from the look to smell to feel everything she can't stand them. So again your imaginary essence example falls flat. It is completely subjective to the person and their personal tastes.
As usual you are way off.
<quoted text>
Givemeliberty

The essence of a thing does have transcendental qualities.

Essence is the quality of "suchness"

Suchness has a dimension called richness.

Your friend unfortunately does not have the richness of the experience of roses....

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You lack the understanding of what is fact, and what is theory ... and what is subjective opinion.
I can't stand the smell of roses, they make me ill, and dizzy. I have a sever pollen allergy, so floral scents have that effect on me. So to me, and others with the same allergic reaction to pollen that have lived on farms and in suburban landfills (pet name for them), the scent of flowers, all flowers, will make us want to vomit. "Good" and "bad" are always, completely, subjective terms, never are they facts.
Now, the scent of the flowers actually is a chemical reaction, congrats, you got that part right, but that is not a "compound fact," it's simply a fact. It's a fact because it's always true, regardless of the circumstances, all scent is chemical reactions, our noses process this into information that we call "scent," this information then triggers a series of neurons, firing through the brain, which are more chemical reactions, producing a response to them. That does not make the scent a "compound fact" though, it's still just a fact, nor does it make the subjective response any less or more of a fact, because the subjective response is still subjective in all cases.
KittenKodder

The rose still smells good.

It is your allervy, fear of an allergic reaction, and conditioned response that makes a rose the richness of a rose to be avoided.
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

I believe you f**k sheep.
John wrote:
Ask them what they believe.

Since: Mar 11

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

1: and 2: The butterfly effect was already gently explained to you once. You are just making a retarded jackass out of yourself now.
3: Uhm are you mentally deficient? No seriously you are dancing very close to the turd which needs to be flushed status as it seems now you are just posting word salad.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Givemeliberty
1. and 2....If a butterfly flapping its wings causes hurricanes by scientific speculation, then the wind from the whips also can change the wind can cause hurricanes....
3. There is a difference between ritual, religion, and society. If you don't understand. You will need somebody to explain it to you.
(Also what is moral, immoral, amoral.)

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Enters the kingdom of god like a child. Well it took you long enough to get into the zombie Jesus horsesht didn't it?

Society says you would live a better life if you got back on your medication screwball.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Givemeliberty
In a way I agree. Some people have no imagination. They have no "minds eye". I would call them walking robots. Maybe there are more than just some.... That is why one enters the kingdom of God like a child. They have imagination. Society seeks conformity....

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

And you are showing great stupidness and lameness. Perhaps you should talk to your doctor about getting you on some antipsychotics -ness?

And we see Robert dive head first into the deep end of stupidity.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Givemeliberty
The essence of a thing does have transcendental qualities.
Essence is the quality of "suchness"
Suchness has a dimension called richness.
Your friend unfortunately does not have the richness of the experience of roses....
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost three years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Three years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 64,400 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True
science that is repeatable and observable.

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

There I fixed it for you retard!

You're welcome.
Retarded John wrote:
Another day of ineptitude from the theists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost three years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate proof of a prime mover. Three years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence of a prime mover. These are angry agenda driven christians that don't give a damn about the evidence for their imaginary god.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. I have to ask myself because I have no friends and couldn't get laid if I was an egg!
Stump a theist! Ask them why they believe. True
science is repeatable and observable which is proof against a prime mover.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
KittenKodder
The rose still smells good.
It is your allervy, fear of an allergic reaction, and conditioned response that makes a rose the richness of a rose to be avoided.
No, "good" is subjective. Until you comprehend that you will never progress beyond superstition.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Get your nothing out of here! Fight, march, hate that God. You are merely tolerated. Give your families a gift this year, don't attend holiday celebrations. You remind them of their failures. Those eye rolls are for you.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

I believe you're a massive fuckwit.
John wrote:
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
polymath257
I would and...,
In this case, that roses release certain chemicals....But this is not a simple fact, it is a compounded fact. It would be better to say a rose smells good, and not the chemicals released smell good.
When we have a compound fact, one reduces a fact to its simplist form, in this case we are speaking of the essence of the rose, which is observed through the senses.
Hmmm...the essence of the rose is observed through the senses? I'm not sure what that even means, let alone whether it is true. We certainly detect the chemicals released by the rose through our senses. I wold suspect that a creature or individual with a differently built nose would not necessarily detect the rose as smelling good.
And also we have a remembrance(opinion) of a rose, which also, changes in time. Each time one remembers, the memory changes. But this did not change when the rose was first smelled.
A fact doesn't change. Accumulating and remembering a fact does change in time....
So you are limiting truth to only the raw sensory detection? In that case, we can't even tell that there is really a rose there: we only see light and smell chemicals.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm...the essence of the rose is observed through the senses? I'm not sure what that even means, let alone whether it is true. We certainly detect the chemicals released by the rose through our senses. I wold suspect that a creature or individual with a differently built nose would not necessarily detect the rose as smelling good.
<quoted text>
So you are limiting truth to only the raw sensory detection? In that case, we can't even tell that there is really a rose there: we only see light and smell chemicals.
Athiests have yet to concede that sensory detection involves more than one's five senses.
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

But what about Atheists?
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
Athiests have yet to concede that sensory detection involves more than one's five senses.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

digitaldan wrote:
It also involves the rest of the brain to process the detection.

Were you suggesting that there was something else beyond that?

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it also takes the interpretation of the brain acting upon that raw sensory information. Is that what you are talking about?
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Christianity was prominent in todays inauguration of President Obama.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
Christianity was prominent in todays inauguration of President Obama.
I guess that shows the lie that says that Obama isn't Christian.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Not really. He became Christian when told it was a necessity for a community organizer to make inroads in Chicago. Shortly after he became a member of First Trinity, where he sat for decades not hearing the in-American filth preached by Wright.

Prior to that he was registered as a Muslim in Indonesia. Only nothing can see in his heart what he believes.

Would you like to debate your clown prince or your nothing. Both are indefensible.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

John wrote:
Not really. He became Christian when told it was a necessity for a community organizer to make inroads in Chicago. Shortly after he became a member of First Trinity, where he sat for decades not hearing the in-American filth preached by Wright.
Prior to that he was registered as a Muslim in Indonesia. Only nothing can see in his heart what he believes.
Would you like to debate your clown prince or your nothing. Both are indefensible.
fox bullsh*t

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 64,461 - 64,480 of70,959
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min TheBlackSheep 223,961
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 hr Mikko 21,376
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 4 hr Patrick 829
Our world came from nothing? 4 hr religionisillness 147
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 4 hr religionisillness 349
Talking some sense into you people... 5 hr Patrick 23
Maher to Stewart: 'Drugs are good, religion is ... 6 hr Patrick 4
•••
•••