Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,983

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Full Story
Henry

Crimmitschau, Germany

#67109 Jan 17, 2013
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
And the evidence for any of this is...?
<quoted text>
Quantum mechanics doesn't say that you can't observe an electron. It says only that you can't identify the electron's *exact* location.
<quoted text>
But if one has no evidence for the existence of the mountain, on what rational basis can one claim that the mountain exists?
<quoted text>
Why not?
There is not the slightest idea of god
Henry

Crimmitschau, Germany

#67110 Jan 17, 2013
Jennifer wrote:
Our numbers are rising. I think we have always been here but are finally able to speak freely and come out about being non believers. I've felt alone in my beliefs for a long time. And that will defiantly make you strong, because all you believers are the biggest bullies, you push your beliefs down our throats, you never listen, you judge and lots of other immoral things. Believers say we're satanist, sorry that's your religion not ours. Why can't they understand if we don't believe in god why would we believe in the devil. Religion was the biggest scam of all. Just a way of controling the masses. And so many people still believe in the invisible man that's always broke on Sundays.I just don't get it.
My name is Jennifer and I'm an atheist!!! I'm glad I'm not alone.
I am atheist for over 70 years.
Henry

Crimmitschau, Germany

#67111 Jan 17, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Why?
<quoted text>
I am quite happy as an atheist with my life!
John

United States

#67112 Jan 17, 2013
I can make almost any position look silly if I get to ask all the questions day after day with no accountability or intellectual honesty. It's a ridiculous charade I won't play. Attack, defend. Attack, defend,,,,,

Let's test my proposal with science shall we. I'll ask all the questions, poke holes, create false assertions and narratives, show flawed and wrong theories, theories that contradict one another, pseudoscience, violations of what was once considered natural law,,,

Step right up. Just agree you will not ask any questions or attack another position I'm not making. The subject is science. You will defend it in and of itself.

Get your nothing out of here!
Henry

Crimmitschau, Germany

#67113 Jan 17, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose Hoho
I can agree to disagree.
First. You are going on a "feeling" I am not sure of what this "feeling" is or is not. I assume it is intuitive....
But you are basing your evidence on what is visible....I suggest evidence may be abstract, conceptual, and may be undefinable....
So the only way I can demonstrate that evidence may or may not exist of what is visible is by analogy:
One sees a mountain....
One may not see the mountain. Why?
The mountain is to far away to be seen.(distance)
There is something wrong with the eye to see the mountain.(obscurity/blindness)
There is something between the eye to see and the mountain to be seen(obstruction).
And of course there may be a combination of these (4) possibilites of not seeing the mountain.
(One can use a similar analogy with any of the senses.)
Likewise, your argument about the elephant in the kitchen assumes you can see empirically the evidence, and empirically see God.
The more people are educated, the more are atheists. That is quite logical why they are on the forward march! But in the age of nuclear age we do have very little time to stay alive! Capitalism has to be abolished in order to survive!
John

United States

#67114 Jan 17, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
I am atheist for over 70 years.
I have liked chicken for three decades. I am happy with chicken in my life.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#67115 Jan 17, 2013
John wrote:
KK- you don't even buy into a historical Jesus. You are simply a zealots. Same goes for the other antitheists that frequent this forum. There is no evidence for any possibility in this arena. I don't intend, and was quite clear back in 2009 I'm not here to convert you. That's your narrative. You need something else to mask your nothing.
When bigots take it to their real end game of marginalizing believers I'm intellectually honest enough to debate any accountable position of belief that meets your criteria. You don't have one! Do you want to compare the evidences and reasons the world has always believed in a prime mover vs something else. Prance it out then nancies.
I know you won't and I have tens of thousands of posts to prove it. I look for substance, not strawmen and nothing.
How do bigots rank the following possibilities: prime mover, always was, something from nothing. Show your work. Heck, make up an ahem natural, logical beginning. You're desperation amuses me.
Still no evidence or accountable position in an atheism forum. Welcome to stumpville.
You called me an "antitheist?" You know you are very incorrect in that, right? I am simply asking for evidence, you provide none, the scientific community provides a lot. I love to look through evidence, call it a hobby, even to test out some of it for myself if permitted. I side with the scientists because they have evidence, you have a book full of assertions, with no evidence to back any of it up and really lame excuses for why that evidence does not exist, I gotta go with the evidence.
Henry

Crimmitschau, Germany

#67117 Jan 17, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
If the gospel accounts are hearsay then all of ancient history that records events are hearsay. Are you willing to bite that bullet?
Well, all religions are myths or worse crimes!
John

United States

#67118 Jan 17, 2013
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost three years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Three years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 64,400 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True science that is repeatable and observable.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#67119 Jan 17, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
I have liked chicken for three decades. I am happy with chicken in my life.
Chicken is good, you can eat them at any age too.
Henry

Crimmitschau, Germany

#67120 Jan 17, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
I find it baffling that belief in God can still continue into the 21st century. It goes to show the power that superstition holds over the human mind.
The more education is on the march, the less religion is having a change!
Henry

Crimmitschau, Germany

#67121 Jan 17, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you still think Obama reduced government? LOL
Give me Liberty LOL, that's as accurate a name as freethinker. An Obama voter shouldn't question my iq.
I would love to debate my something vs your nothing, but you kids,are afraid to dive in.
My accountable position of belief is a prime mover. Yours??? I've asked since 2009 by the way :)
Of course no prime mover is available. The reality is a different one. Why should there be a superfluos god? Religions are a restraining fact for the development of the human race
Henry

Crimmitschau, Germany

#67122 Jan 17, 2013
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
The distinction made was one of relevance, not popularity. If a majority of people believe something and have for centuries, it can't be attributed to imagination alone.
The propaganda of the ruling class is desastrous. The education does not come to an quick change in the population. Only in the age of nuclear ideology it is not very much time for an alteration. This may be too late for the survival of humanity!
Henry

Crimmitschau, Germany

#67123 Jan 17, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Why?
<quoted text>
Atheism must not be defended, he is the only fact in a sea of irrational religious chaos.
Henry

Crimmitschau, Germany

#67124 Jan 17, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Prove it.
<quoted text>
You better get removed from religious myths and try science as an reiliable medium of our life!
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#67125 Jan 17, 2013
Note I was questioning another poster, not you.
My "Why" and "Prove it" questions were in reply to someone else.
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
I am quite happy as an atheist with my life!
John

United States

#67126 Jan 17, 2013
After 70 years of nothing you are right where you began LOL.

Stop using the internet, you are contributing to the capitalist cause.

Feel free to explain your utopia. I will need some detail though. First we must topple capitalism though correct?
John

United States

#67127 Jan 17, 2013
I didn't catch your scientific, natural explanation for the universe. Do you have one? Don't skip steps.
Henry

Crimmitschau, Germany

#67128 Jan 17, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry that you have no proof of god, but please don't take it out on science. After all it is thanks to science that you are able to post this boat load of anti-science horsesh*t propoganda,( that probably came from the discovery institute which wants everyone to believe th eearth is 6000 years old and fossils not being "real"), so hundreds of people can see what a lying ignorant creationist tool you really are.
Not creationism but evolutionism is tool of science!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#67129 Jan 17, 2013
John wrote:
After 70 years of nothing you are right where you began LOL.
Stop using the internet, you are contributing to the capitalist cause.
Feel free to explain your utopia. I will need some detail though. First we must topple capitalism though correct?
I love capitalism, however, the market online operated under a completely different, and new, paradigm. It is true capitalism, not the corporatism we see in the rest of the world, and that is why many of us are very protective of the internet as a whole. You can thank me for helping to make sure you still have the right to spew your garbage online later, though.

Online commerce is entirely supply and demand driven, no one picks winners, people either succeed or fail online on their own merit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min Eagle 12 231,906
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 5 hr thetruth 14,445
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 5 hr thetruth 25
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 6 hr tha Professor 1,012
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 9 hr Catholic Girl 27
Why the Internet is slowly strangling religion 19 hr Dally Mama 3
Young atheists: The political leaders of tomorrow 20 hr Carchar king 4

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE