Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments
64,341 - 64,360 of 70,983 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 5

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#67061 Jan 16, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of proof is needed to show if a person was an eyewitness to an ancient event? For example it is written that Nero burned Rome and claimed that that it was the Christians that did it. How would you prove this to be true? Who were the eyewitnesses that saw Nero burn Rome? Give me some names.
You don't have any proof of god. To be clear - the resurrection - a human being coming back to life after crucifixion & 3 days - biologically impossible.

This is why you sometimes find atheists laughing at your stupidity.
Lincoln

United States

#67062 Jan 16, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry that you have no proof of God and hate atheists for having a lack of belief..........
So Does the President of the United States add "so help me God"? to the oath.
There is no God anywhere in the universe by any definitions :-)
Prove it !

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#67063 Jan 16, 2013
All that chump has is appeal to authority and bandwagon fallacies with a dash of circular reasoning fallacy. Ask him a question and he runs like the brain dead loser he is.

Until he has something to offer the conversation it's time to flush that turd.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry that you have no proof of god and hate atheists for having a lack of belief. Maybe you can go educate yourself instead of being a pr*ck on this forum?
John

United States

#67064 Jan 16, 2013
John wrote:
Loving the attempts to rewrite history. Antitheists have no shame and will do whatever they wish to pursue their agenda. You won't find any evidence or even an attempt to engage in honest discussion.
Any tangential issue that keeps their nothing out of the equation will suffice. How often, does a sane person need to repeat they believe there is no evidence to support anything in this arena. We get it. That's not enough though. Nope, you want to marginalize believers and scurry away when pressed. Note. I have tirelessly offered to debate the evidences and reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position they make a case for. Don't forget your rules for evidence bigots. Not one taker in over three years. Exposed!
Kittie there is no point in discussing the evidences of a historical Jesus with lying bigots. We might as well have the same discussion on any number of historical figures that have much less evidence. Imhotep huh? How do you know its his body? His writing? Hearsay. Timeliness of accounts questionable,,,, whatever I choose.
Only zealots reject a historical Jesus. There is plenty of evidence from secular and non-Christian sources to satisfy all but a loon. Just because people tire of chasing whatever silliness you nothings throw out doesn't mean a thing. No point in engaging intellectually dishonest cowards.
I will remain on point. I know your kind hates that. I asked what you believe. You don't believe in Jesus. You don't believe in magic. You don't believe in Apple pie and Chevrolet. Great. I've never tried to convert a one of you. I simply want to know what you believe. You've been exposed, but please keep trotting out your nothing for me to laugh at.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
Stay on point bigots. Oh, what's your point again. Still no evidence in an atheism forum. Still no takers to debate something vs nothing. You loons are marginalized and ridiculed not because you don't believe, but because of lying, obfuscation, and intellectual dishonesty. You spend your days fighting a God you don't believe in. That's bizzare behavior. No guns for you Obama voters.
Lincoln

United States

#67066 Jan 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
has is appeal to authority and bandwagon fallacies with a dash of circular reasoning fallacy. Ask him a question and he runs like the brain dead loser he is.

<quoted text>
So you can't defend atheism?
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#67067 Jan 16, 2013
Why?
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can't defend atheism?

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#67068 Jan 16, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Tea Party retardation?
They just lost the election and can not think straight?
They are racist?
Sounds right.

Santa Monica, CA

#67069 Jan 16, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Running away from your clown prince Rose? Smartest play of your life.
We can go back to your nothing if you would like.
That damn tea party, how dare they want fiscal sanity. Get them some tinfoil. Government spending is no issue without a budget. Oops, no budget. Good grief is this wasn't so serious I'd really be entertained.
March Obamabots, march! Food stamps for everone.
Why do con dumbs just randomly throw Obama's name into any argument?
I was reading a news story about deaf twins in Belgium who decided to be euthanized because they were going blind. And the con dumbs were going on about Obama, and death panels... Seems con dumbs don't know Belgium is not part of the US, and the twins made their own decision.
Jennifer

United States

#67070 Jan 16, 2013
Our numbers are rising. I think we have always been here but are finally able to speak freely and come out about being non believers. I've felt alone in my beliefs for a long time. And that will defiantly make you strong, because all you believers are the biggest bullies, you push your beliefs down our throats, you never listen, you judge and lots of other immoral things. Believers say we're satanist, sorry that's your religion not ours. Why can't they understand if we don't believe in god why would we believe in the devil. Religion was the biggest scam of all. Just a way of controling the masses. And so many people still believe in the invisible man that's always broke on Sundays.I just don't get it.
My name is Jennifer and I'm an atheist!!! I'm glad I'm not alone.

Santa Monica, CA

#67071 Jan 16, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Rose
Point 1 "If god exists, there is evidence of his existence."
I disagree. It would be more correctly written, "If God exists, then is there evidence of God's existence?", or you could say, "Is there evidence of God's existence?", or you could say, "Does evidence exist that proves that God exists?".
You are assuming in your statement that God exists because there is evidence. And you make a conclusion with Point 2 based on an assumption. That assumption would be incorrect if God exists outside of Creation, and therefore outside of certain types of evidence.
To answer this one must consider what constitutes evidence, in what framework are we applying that evidence, and thirdly, can God(being Creator, and thus outside of Creation(by definition)) be evidenced within Creation?
If you agree, then we can go on.
If you disagree, then we can discuss this point further.
If you would rather not discuss the point. This ends now.
If we go on, then we have to agree what consitutes evidence, and the framework in which it is presented.
When I say "god", I mean the type of god worshiped by the Abrahamic faiths. One who is all powerful, all knowing, truthful, interested in what we do, and says he will answer our prayers.
If such a god exists, then I feel there would be evidence of his existence. A Deist version of god could exist without there being any evidence of his existence.
I use point 1 because people often say that you can't prove a negative. I disagree. I can prove there isn't an elephant in my kitchen. How? Well if there were one, there would be evidence of one.
Do you agree with that?

Santa Monica, CA

#67073 Jan 16, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Stay on point bigots. Oh, what's your point again. Still no evidence in an atheism forum. Still no takers to debate something vs nothing. You loons are marginalized and ridiculed not because you don't believe, but because of lying, obfuscation, and intellectual dishonesty. You spend your days fighting a God you don't believe in. That's bizzare behavior. No guns for you Obama voters.
Why do con dumbs randomly insert Obama's name into every discussion?
And John, I've stated my position many times, but you refuse to debate!
There is no god, so I don't fight him. I counter idiots like you who believe in him. Why? Because so many of you want our laws to reflect what you believe your god wants. Because so many of you harass people at funerals for their loved ones.
John

United States

#67078 Jan 16, 2013
Aren't you the loon that says Obama has reduced government? It doesn't matter how many times you loons are proven wrong, you'll just keep marching off the cliff.

I read the article and immediately thought; deaf, blind, and dead but still smarter than Rose.

We could discuss health fraud as well, but you wouldn't accept those facts either. A true freethinker!

John

United States

#67079 Jan 16, 2013
I'm in tears Jennifer. Maybe post some letters from children and have a press conference. Excuse me folks..."is this on" taps mic. I have called you here for nothing. We must fight for it. March, march,,

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#67080 Jan 16, 2013
John wrote:
I'm in tears Jennifer. Maybe post some letters from children and have a press conference. Excuse me folks..."is this on" taps mic. I have called you here for nothing. We must fight for it. March, march,,
So no proof of god then. Better sh*t the f* ck up again then.
John

United States

#67081 Jan 16, 2013
That's debateable. All I've required of you is an accountable position that meets your own criteria for evidence.

We need to pass some sort of anti-bullying legislation so I no longer have to endure the hate speech of the tolerant liberal atheist LOL. March nothings, march LOL.

As always no evidence from the atheists in their own forum. Let's watch the loons play with some yarn.

How would an ahem freethinker quantify the possibilities of the following: always was, prime mover, something from nothing? Show your work bigots. Mix it up a little now and again. Even if just for show. Attack something rose beside the God you don't believe in. After all, nothing is evidence to the atheist. Yet, here you are posting day after day, year after year.

God...boo!!!!

Santa Monica, CA

#67082 Jan 16, 2013
John wrote:
Aren't you the loon that says Obama has reduced government? It doesn't matter how many times you loons are proven wrong, you'll just keep marching off the cliff.
I read the article and immediately thought; deaf, blind, and dead but still smarter than Rose.
We could discuss health fraud as well, but you wouldn't accept those facts either. A true freethinker!
Why do con dumbs randomly insert Obama's name into every discussion?

Santa Monica, CA

#67083 Jan 16, 2013
John wrote:
That's debateable. All I've required of you is an accountable position that meets your own criteria for evidence.
We need to pass some sort of anti-bullying legislation so I no longer have to endure the hate speech of the tolerant liberal atheist LOL. March nothings, march LOL.
As always no evidence from the atheists in their own forum. Let's watch the loons play with some yarn.
How would an ahem freethinker quantify the possibilities of the following: always was, prime mover, something from nothing? Show your work bigots. Mix it up a little now and again. Even if just for show. Attack something rose beside the God you don't believe in. After all, nothing is evidence to the atheist. Yet, here you are posting day after day, year after year.
God...boo!!!!
1. If god exists, there is evidence of his existence.
2. There is no evidence of god's existence.
3. There is no god.

No matter how many times I present my position, you won't debate, you just copy/paste your same few posts. Then go on a off-topic rant about Obama.
John

United States

#67084 Jan 16, 2013
Are you going to apologize for lying about Obama reducing government?

Thats disbelief Rose. Are you going to apologize for pretending you are willing to debate?

You didnt answer how you would rank my possibilities above. Go find another pet project, you suck at this one.

America thanks you for the lowest misery index ever comrade.

Stump Rose! Debate damn near anything.

Santa Monica, CA

#67085 Jan 16, 2013
John wrote:
Are you going to apologize for lying about Obama reducing government?
Thats disbelief Rose. Are you going to apologize for pretending you are willing to debate?
You didnt answer how you would rank my possibilities above. Go find another pet project, you suck at this one.
America thanks you for the lowest misery index ever comrade.
Stump Rose! Debate damn near anything.
Why do con dumbs randomly insert Obama's name into arguments?
John

United States

#67086 Jan 16, 2013
No apology for your lie that Obama has reduced government?

You won't touch that claim now.

Move on to your nothing then. Tell me about that. Careful though, I catch you in lies quite often.

You didn't answer my questions either.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 7 min Carchar king 423
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 26 min Tuco Blondie 226,358
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 57 min MUQ1 21,503
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 2 hr CunningLinguist 28
100% Faith Free 2 hr CunningLinguist 12
Atheists that tout free thinking use bully tact... 8 hr Patrick 13
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 13 hr Jaimie 46
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••