Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70650 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#67351 Jan 24, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the bombs over Hiroshima to drop were ordered by the US president Harry Truman. He was never been made responsible for these war crimes!
I suppose you think that the scientists who created this horrific method of mass destruction are somehow exempt from all responsibility, right? They were fully aware of the devastating consequences. A scientist is not a robotic machine. He has a conscience. He need only to find the courage to use it.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#67352 Jan 24, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So you admit that you have no other purpose than to try to stop humans from progressing.
KittenKoder

Quite the opposite. I was just watching the water go by, and thinking how entropic the atheists mind exists in its inability to hold within itself two ideas at the same time....

Atheism is destinined to fail. After a civilization/society builds up, then it goes downhill. Those without the ability to know where they have been, don't know where they are going.

I am just an ole stick in the mud, watching the water go by....

Location hidden

#67353 Jan 24, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
The problem is you lack the comprehension or education to understand the difference between fact and opinion. To say roses smell good is an opinion but you are trying to say it's a fact. As usual you are wrong.
Here let me help you retard. Say I think roses smell good or perhaps, many people think roses smell good. At that point you will be phrasing it with the ability of a 5th grade education! Hurray!
Glad to be of help. You're welcome.
<quoted text>
Givemeliberty

Whether one, some, or all think a rose smells good can be an opinion.

I state a rose smells good.

lol I know what you have been trying to say, the first time you responded....(Its just....psst

(Your 5th grade education can't get past relativism.)

Location hidden

#67354 Jan 24, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
So you confess to being anti progress. Well that's more than many of your fellow Christholes. Throughout history your ilk has been anti progress. Don't build that telescope, you'll use it to look up god's skirt or see what he is beating off to in heaven! Don't you dare say the earth is round, does not the bible say the earth is square flat and resting on four pillars? Off with his head! Don't you dare mix those herbs with oils and try to cure a sickness or kill pain that makes you a witch! Burn the witch! Don't use stem cells to cure diseases! Jesus will weep at those frozen cells being harvested for good use instead of incinerated!
I could go on and on but you are simply following in the footsteps of the dullard Christians before you.
<quoted text>
Givemeliberty

Yes. Yes. You have plenty to say, with little behind it.

Without religion, there would have been no science to build technology.

You need to build on a solid foundation. Don't build your house on the bank of a river that floods....Oops. Sorry. I just saw your house go by....

Without ethics you will destroy all life. But you did it in the name of science. And thats all that matters.....(sigh)

Location hidden

#67355 Jan 24, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Most atheists do have the *opinion* that roses smell good. But we also know the difference between an opinion and a fact. You don't seem to be able to comprehend the difference.
polymath257

lol....No. It just took me a long time to get an atheist to give me an *opinion*.
John

United States

#67357 Jan 24, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
The US try to enslave th whole world with no sucess!
I am shocked to find an anti-American radical in the forum about nothing. Do you loons get a newsletter. Keep pushing.

Still no evidence that meets your own rules. No accountable position. Nothing much to all. So much for the self-proclaimed intellectuals. Pffft.
John

United States

#67358 Jan 24, 2013
Come on down bigots. Time for your links that don't have an accountable position Bob. You tried the same nothing as the current crop.

Lurkers watch closely. You will not see one accountable position of belief in this arena that meets the evidentiary standards they hold others to. They claim that's been done so it should be quite easy to find one example in over 64,000 posts. Oh yes, its that sick. They fight the God they don't believe in with all their intellectual impotence. Fight, march, know god, no god LOL.

It's a most ignorant bunch that is easily exposed. Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
John

United States

#67359 Jan 24, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ died around 2000years ago as a human being. It was never a god at no time at all! Among the socalled thousands of gods there was not a single one. They were all manmade! Religions are all myths or even crimes!
We've fairly well established you bigots don't believe in God. This is like playing sesame street music constantly for the innocents of Obamano.

Nothing about atheism. Your forum is a joke. Free fruitcake if your forum can go ten posts without mentioning God; specifically or inferentially. Oh, there are plenty of fruitcakes already. How about a vial of holy water?
John

United States

#67360 Jan 24, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Mostly of East Germany are atheists and they stay atheists! The billionairs of US try to enslave the whole world, but with no sucess!
Doesn't the world love us now that we have the great uniter LOL. Say, where is East Germany in relation to Germany? Unfortunately the billionaires, middle class on down are being taxed, on government assistance, dropped out of the workforce, etc. Once we are free we will get back to enslaving the world.

The enemy within all in one forum. How convenient. Keep pushing. Tick, tock
John

United States

#67361 Jan 24, 2013
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost three years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Three years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 64,640 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True
science that is repeatable and observable.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#67362 Jan 24, 2013
John wrote:
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost three years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Three years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 64,640 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True
science that is repeatable and observable.
John (the broken record) there have hundreds of responses to you and you have ignored them all.

Your OCD complex is getting the best of you.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#67363 Jan 24, 2013
Exactly that's why saying a rose smells good is not a fact but an opinion.

Maybe this short bus riding Christhole will put it together eventually?
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Givemeliberty
Whether one, some, or all think a rose smells good can be an opinion.
I state a rose smells good.
lol I know what you have been trying to say, the first time you responded....(Its just....psst
(Your 5th grade education can't get past relativism.)

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#67365 Jan 24, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Thank you and exactly! If a Hindu man raped his daughters after beating their mother and his his unconscious and then killed all of them he could later in prison become a Christian say run a dub dub Jesus and poof! He goes to heaven while his victims who never said rub a dub dub Jesus are burning in hell. Neato!
Seriously this is what Christians believe, some will begrudgingly admit it.
<quoted text>
Ask them if aborted fetuses go to hell.
If they don't got to hell, then you don't have to accept Jesus to get to heaven.
If they do go to hell, that is one messed up god they have!

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#67366 Jan 24, 2013
John wrote:
Come on down bigots. Time for your links that don't have an accountable position Bob. You tried the same nothing as the current crop.
Lurkers watch closely. You will not see one accountable position of belief in this arena that meets the evidentiary standards they hold others to. They claim that's been done so it should be quite easy to find one example in over 64,000 posts. Oh yes, its that sick. They fight the God they don't believe in with all their intellectual impotence. Fight, march, know god, no god LOL.
It's a most ignorant bunch that is easily exposed. Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
John is a liar. I have stated my accountable position many, many times. He will not debate.
Here it is, again:
1. If god exists, there is evidence of his existence.
2. There is no evidence of his existence.
3. There is no god.
discordia

Denver, CO

#67367 Jan 24, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
If they don't got to hell, then you don't have to accept Jesus to get to heaven.
Rose Ho still marching around, hup, two, three, four

Lexington, KY

#67368 Jan 24, 2013
In Andrea Yates church any young child goes to heaven if killed remember god told her to kill her children. And if you are a believer how can you deny it's not possible god did tell her to do that?
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#67369 Jan 25, 2013
I believe you're a toilet trout.
John wrote:
Ask them what they believe.
John

United States

#67370 Jan 25, 2013
More claims of an accountable position of belief but no evidence. You don't believe in God Rose, don't rely on him for a nonposition.

If Rose had a conscience there would be evidence of one.
There is no evidence Rose had a conscience.
Rose has no conscience.

Fight that God, march, march, fight!
John

United States

#67371 Jan 25, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe your forum is filled with dancing monkeys. Dance for me. I know your nothing is scientifically impossible, but damn you can dance sister!

United States

#67372 Jan 25, 2013
Testify brother thinking!
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 min Eagle 12 247,545
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 25 min thetruth 47,840
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 29 min thetruth 12,802
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 33 min thetruth 34
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 2 hr Thinking 13
Proof of God for the Atheist 2 hr Amused 130
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr said 20,899
More from around the web