Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments
64,261 - 64,280 of 70,983 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 5

Since: Mar 11

United States

#66978 Jan 14, 2013
Lol :))
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Is that why they all shop at HotTopic?
John

United States

#66979 Jan 14, 2013
Clap, clap, clap. Drew brings nothing. Liberty flatters me with imitation. Rose brings disbelief and tries to act as if I won't debate. Of course, all three ducked have no evidence. All three have no relevant, intellectually honest answers. Since 2009 these bigots have fought in the cowardly fashion you would expect of Obama voting progressives.
Lincoln

United States

#66980 Jan 14, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't say that it was human nature to be completely self centered. Mostly self centered would be more accurate.
"Self centered people may be more at risk for Alzheimer's?" N Y Times
Self centered often reject the outside world and look to themselves as the Pinnacle of authority

Bilingual people suffer less from Alzheimer - N Y Times
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#66981 Jan 14, 2013
"Progressive" is a positive word.
John wrote:
Clap, clap, clap. Drew brings nothing. Liberty flatters me with imitation. Rose brings disbelief and tries to act as if I won't debate. Of course, all three ducked have no evidence. All three have no relevant, intellectually honest answers. Since 2009 these bigots have fought in the cowardly fashion you would expect of Obama voting progressives.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#66982 Jan 14, 2013
You still are unable to answer my question. Get your no IQ out of here! Why should anyone believe god is anything more than your imagination?

Stump a believer ask why you should believe!
John wrote:
John

United States

#66983 Jan 14, 2013
This is an atheism forum. You try answering some questions. Your nothing is so ridiculous you have to steer the narrative. Why can't you defend your antitheism with evidence, logic, or rationality?

Do you have an example of evidence that meets your own criteria? No

Do you have a logical, evidence based way to quantify possibilities? For instance, rank the following from most to least likely: prime mover, always was, something from nothing.

You just seek to marginalize believers. It has nothing to do with evidence.

I graciously offered to debate the evidences and reasons I believe a prime mover is the most logical position to take. I simply require an accountable position you are willing to articulate. This offer is only in response to your childish forums attacks. When you have nothing attack something else huh? My something obviously scares you on a number of levels.

Get your nothing out of here!
John

United States

#66984 Jan 14, 2013
Thinking wrote:
"Progressive" is a positive word.
<quoted text>
It could be in a different context. Same as liberal. I expect another name change soon. Rebranding is necessary for advocates of these failed political ideologies.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#66985 Jan 14, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is my accountable position. Again.
1. If god exists, there is evidence of his existence.
2. There is no evidence of his existence.
3. There is no god.
No matter how many times I post my accountable position, and ask you to debate, you won't.
I ask you, let's start with point 1.
OK?
Do you agree or not?
You won't answer. I know that, as does anybody who has followed this forum for more than 2 days. I just want new comers to see how you dodge.
Stump John, ask him to debate.
What would count for evidence for the existence of God?
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#66986 Jan 14, 2013
"Liberal" is not a pejorative in civilised circles.
John wrote:
<quoted text>
It could be in a different context. Same as liberal. I expect another name change soon. Rebranding is necessary for advocates of these failed political ideologies.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#66987 Jan 14, 2013
What do you mean by god?
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
John

United States

#66988 Jan 14, 2013
Thinking wrote:
"Liberal" is not a pejorative in civilised circles.
<quoted text>
Well, I better refresh myself on which one is the salad fork then. Progressive/Liberal modern day America equals less freedom, more government, fewer jobs, more hunger,,,,

Doesn't really matter much at this point. Keep fiddling.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#66989 Jan 14, 2013
How parochial you are.
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I better refresh myself on which one is the salad fork then. Progressive/Liberal modern day America equals less freedom, more government, fewer jobs, more hunger,,,,
Doesn't really matter much at this point. Keep fiddling.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#66990 Jan 14, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Is that why they all shop at HotTopic?
Those are the wannabes!:P

I shop at Goodwill when I want a new goth outfit. ;)

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#66991 Jan 14, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Any of the anthropomorphic gods, they'd need actual photographs and no excuses of "it can't be seen by human eyes," just a photograph, video evidence would be better though, more reliable.

Any of the other types depend on the type.
John

United States

#66992 Jan 14, 2013
Thinking wrote:
How parochial you are.
<quoted text>
Accurate is more fitting.
John

United States

#66993 Jan 14, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Any of the anthropomorphic gods, they'd need actual photographs and no excuses of "it can't be seen by human eyes," just a photograph, video evidence would be better though, more reliable.
Any of the other types depend on the type.
Unbelievable, lmao. Just a photo or video huh? You will just know when you see it I guess. Nothing further required. Perhaps this God can perform tricks for your pleasure as well. David Copperfield might be The One. If there is a greater power that gave you a brain to use he is pissed off right now. Using his gift and telling him your requirements is quite amusing.

I would like a YouTube of your nothing becoming something. When that happens I will buy your nothing. Thank you for the laughs.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#66994 Jan 14, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Unbelievable, lmao. Just a photo or video huh? You will just know when you see it I guess. Nothing further required. Perhaps this God can perform tricks for your pleasure as well. David Copperfield might be The One. If there is a greater power that gave you a brain to use he is pissed off right now. Using his gift and telling him your requirements is quite amusing.
I would like a YouTube of your nothing becoming something. When that happens I will buy your nothing. Thank you for the laughs.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
So in other words, you have to buy the snake oil to see if it will cure cancer first. Yeah, I'm not that gullible.
John

United States

#66995 Jan 14, 2013
Close. I would also like a photograph at minimum, but video is best.

You skipped the question BTW.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#66996 Jan 14, 2013
John wrote:
Close. I would also like a photograph at minimum, but video is best.
You skipped the question BTW.
Well, since we don't say "something comes from nothing" there is no reason to address your strawman.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#66997 Jan 14, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
The regeneration of a severed finger due to prayer.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 32 min MUQ1 21,505
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 43 min CunningLinguist 226,391
The Ultimate Evidence of God 3 hr CunningLinguist 65
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 9 hr Jaimie 57
The myth of the angry atheist 10 hr _Bad Company 1
I left Creationism! Ask me anything! 11 hr Patrick 7
100% Faith Free 12 hr CunningLinguist 14
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••