Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments
64,241 - 64,260 of 70,959 Comments Last updated Monday Jul 7
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Another bunch of tangents ducking your nothing. Still no evidence or accountable position in an atheism forum.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

The BBC World Service is something I'm proud to pay taxes for.
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Your taxes support Lords and Ladies, Dukes and other titled nonentities.
Established Church?
UK provides PBS with excellent programs

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

John wrote:
Still no evidence or accountable position in an atheism forum.
Evidence supports claims. Atheism isn't a claim.

Of course, you know that *your* claim is groundless. That's why you can't produce any evidence for it.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

My claim is you have no evidence in this arena that meets your own criteria. Evidence, logic, rationality are just words to you. Thanks for nothing Drew.

What do you believe, or do you need me to have a voice?
See ya stumpee.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle thought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence DREW, Curious, Mikey,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 64,260 plus posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

John wrote:
My claim is you have no evidence in this arena that meets your own criteria.
Again, John, atheism isn't a claim. Therefore, it needs no evidence.

Where is *your* evidence, John? Or are you withdrawing your claim?

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

A constant barrage of nitpicking and quibbling from atheists isn't a war against religion but an annoyance. Their endless circular arguments are not only tedious but counterproductive. What atheists need to do to make their secular Jihad worthy of notice is to study the world's religions so they can at least appear to know what they are talking about.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Spot on Wrathbone. You need a forum to cite a nonclaim over and over and over again LOL. Perhaps you have other interests bigot.

What claim Drew? I don't debate nothing. Absolutely nothing is evidence to you on this matter. Evidence is just a word. Like logic. Something from nothing is illogical. I don't believe in magic.

Thanks for being such a wonderful example for exposing antitheism.
Lincoln

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

A New York public school teacher who advised a school Bible Study club has filed a civil rights lawsuit against her school district after she was forced to remove all religious content from her classroom.

Interesting

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

John wrote:
<quoted text>
Except you haven't Rose. Provide any accountable position of belief that meets the evidentiary standards you hold others to. You, seriously don't expect me to debate nothing or whichever ridiculous assertion of the day you throw out?
Get your nothing out of here!
Here is my accountable position. Again.
1. If god exists, there is evidence of his existence.
2. There is no evidence of his existence.
3. There is no god.

No matter how many times I post my accountable position, and ask you to debate, you won't.
I ask you, let's start with point 1.
OK?
Do you agree or not?
You won't answer. I know that, as does anybody who has followed this forum for more than 2 days. I just want new comers to see how you dodge.

Stump John, ask him to debate.
sickofit

Hayfield, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
A New York public school teacher who advised a school Bible Study club has filed a civil rights lawsuit against her school district after she was forced to remove all religious content from her classroom.
Interesting
GOOD religion doesnt belong in a place of education...Myths and cults dont belong around young minds.
Lincoln

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
GOOD religion doesnt belong in a place of education...Myths and cults don't belong around young minds.
With the I-pad, and I-phone, the web ...does not much matter.
Information is free and available in an instant.
Classes going on line
sickofit

Hayfield, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
With the I-pad, and I-phone, the web ...does not much matter.
Information is free and available in an instant.
Classes going on line
As long as it is kept out of school....No place for cults.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

That's disbelief Rose. We spent about a year covering that. Slow learner or bigot that needs a God you don't believe in to have a voice. I guess you don't have any accountable position of belief in this arena. Keep attacking believers specifically among the thousands of other things you don't believe.

If Rose had a conscience there would be evidence of one.
There is no evidence Rose has a conscience.
Rose has no conscience.

Your nothing cult is ridiculous. I expect nonsense from Obama voters like yourself.
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Non sequiturs.
John wrote:
That's disbelief Rose. We spent about a year covering that. Slow learner or bigot that needs a God you don't believe in to have a voice. I guess you don't have any accountable position of belief in this arena. Keep attacking believers specifically among the thousands of other things you don't believe.
Rose has no conscience.
Your nothing cult is ridiculous. I expect nonsense from Obama voters like yourself.
Lincoln

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as it is kept out of school....No place for cults.
Christianity in the US is powerful.
Easter and Christmas breaks in public school.
Bible clubs quite legal under First Amendment.

It is uncertain how many Presidents used a Bible or added the words "So help me
God" at the end of the oath. FDR did for the 4th time.

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

John wrote:
Spot on Wrathbone. You need a forum to cite a nonclaim over and over and over again
So you think that the only purpose of a Topix forum is to cite claims?

Where did you get that idea?

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

John wrote:
Rose has no conscience.
See what I mean? John won't debate. I asked him if he agreed with my first statement, "If god exists, there is evidence of his existence" but he won't answer, he just copy/pastes this same post.

Stump John, ask him to debate.

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Another day I ask my question and another day the theists like John run away creaming with urine runnin down their cowardly leg!

Get your nothing out of here losers!

Why should anyone accept god as anything more than a product of someone's imagination?

Stump a theist ask why they believe!

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That is inaccurate. It is human nature, and all animals really, to be species-centric. "Self" centered is actually opposing nature and our social traits.
I didn't say that it was human nature to be completely self centered. Mostly self centered would be more accurate.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Buck Crick 224,041
Our world came from nothing? 13 min Patrick 186
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr Patrick 832
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 1 hr Patrick 16
Of Interest InTheNews 1 hr Patrick 3
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 1 hr Patrick 359
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Patrick 21,382
•••
•••