Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments (Page 3,212)

Showing posts 64,221 - 64,240 of70,959
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
You tend to use "I" a great deal.
"I think I caught..."
"I do skim..."
"I asked a..... "
You seem a bit self important?
Atheists may be bored with you?
I've tried to get John to debate, but he won't. He just posts the same 3 or 4 posts again and again.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
What if we made Ozzy the Pope?:)
<quoted text>
Pft, he already sold out.:P
Lincoln

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I've tried to get John to debate, but he won't. He just posts the same 3 or 4 posts again and again.
seems fun here if no too serious.

Downton Abbey tomorrow evening, enjoyable English gift to American television

“Handsome white and black men”

Since: Jan 10

Interracial love

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Greater the claim
the greater the evidence nede.
Do you feel the US will ever become a secular nation?
Yes, I believe so.

“Handsome white and black men”

Since: Jan 10

Interracial love

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a secular nation. The Christian right in this country would like to make it a theocratic oligarchy.
Some other modern secular nations would include Sweden, Denmark, Japan, etc. Modern secular nations routinely score better on livability indicators such as low felony rates, low teenage pregnancy, high math & sciences graduates, etc. The U.S. isn't one of these.
Usually the more secular a society, the more better it is. That is because humans learn how to understand, approach, and deal with human nature in a rational way, rather then through the ideas of cavemen and skydaddies.

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

His ways are not our own.
Thinking wrote:
Not a role model though. Sharon used to come into our local florists with very large sunglasses to cover her bruises.:(
<quoted text>

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Your numbers are incorrect in your bandwagon fallacy argument. Over 30% of Americans age 18-30 claim to believe in a god.
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a free country, Not an atheist forum.
More than 9 in 10 Americans still say "YES" when asked the basic question "Do you believe in God?"; this is down only slightly from the 1940s, when Gallup first asked this question.
Lincoln

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text> Usually the more secular a society, the more better it is. That is because humans learn how to understand, approach, and deal with human nature in a rational way, rather then through the ideas of cavemen and skydaddies.
"the more better it is" :-)

seems a generalization
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Except you haven't Rose. Provide any accountable position of belief that meets the evidentiary standards you hold others to. You, seriously don't expect me to debate nothing or whichever ridiculous assertion of the day you throw out?

Get your nothing out of here!
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text> Usually the more secular a society, the more better it is. That is because humans learn how to understand, approach, and deal with human nature in a rational way, rather then through the ideas of cavemen and skydaddies.
The more secular a society the more people butchered. There is no rationality, logic, or evidence for your nothing. Poof, the giant spaghetti nothing assembles something from nothing in an ordered way that defies mathematical possibility LOL.

We get you don't believe in God. What do you believe in this arena? Nothing is the answer of course. You have no evidence for any possibility but focus in your own weird way on one....with transparent specificity.

Time and again you loons avoid any debate choosing instead to impotently attempt marginalizing something you don't believe in.

Rename the forum Nothings march for an agenda shirking all intellectual honesty.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

So John why should anyone accept god as anything more than a product of someone's imagination?

Another day I ask this and another day of ineptitude from the believers. Answer the question or get your nothing out of here!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

John wrote:
<quoted text>
Except you haven't Rose. Provide any accountable position of belief that meets the evidentiary standards you hold others to. You, seriously don't expect me to debate nothing or whichever ridiculous assertion of the day you throw out?
Get your nothing out of here!
Oh look, its another post from John with no proof of god in it. I bet the next one also has no proof of god in it.

When will John realise that he's lying about god?
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

As usual nothing but an attempt to steer the narrative to a God you don't believe in. This is an atheism forum. I've asked what you believe bigots.

Since you like to futilely mock a prime mover I offered to debate the reasons and evidences to believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position you care to explain. You don't want any part of that either. I don't debate nothing, but keep trotting it out lmao.

Give me Liberty- great name. Big supporter of our freedoms and amendments I suppose. Nah, probably another Obama kook.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True science that is repeatable and observable.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

John wrote:
As usual nothing but an attempt to steer the narrative to a God you don't believe in.
Nope, the narrative is about the unfounded *belief* in a god. You know, the one you can't seem to find any evidence for?
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

There is no evidence for you Drew. Oh, I forgot about the Eiffel tower you gave as an example LOL. I have evidences and reasons from various disciplines that led me to my belief of something larger than us. What led to your bigoted brand of nothing?

Hmm, another antitheist that fears engaging in a debate. Back to you Drew. Tell us nothing.

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

John wrote:
There is no evidence for you
Because *you* can't seem to identify any.

Why is that?

Did you look for some and come up empty-handed? And you're too embarrassed to admit it?

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

John wrote:
I have evidences and reasons from various disciplines that led me to my belief of something larger than us.
No, John, you obviously don't. Otherwise, you'd share it here.

You're empty-handed, and too embarrassed to admit it.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Your forum Drew. Assume all you want, you obviously want no part of my challenge. Just keep repeating your nonclaim. Everyone should have a hobby.

Nothing bless.
Lincoln

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

John wrote:
Your forum Drew. Assume all you want, you obviously want no part of my challenge. Just keep repeating your nonclaim. Everyone should have a hobby.
Nothing bless.
It seems no one's forum.
Believers and non believers share.
Peace

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

John wrote:
Your forum Drew.
Topix's forum, John.

You're as much a guest here as I am. Of course, unlike you, I have enough self-respect for my arguments to register my name, while you're so embarrassed by your position, you choose to remain anonymous.

Funny!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 64,221 - 64,240 of70,959
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 26 min waaasssuuup 223,953
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 30 min Mikko 21,376
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr Patrick 829
Our world came from nothing? 3 hr religionisillness 147
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 3 hr religionisillness 349
Talking some sense into you people... 3 hr Patrick 23
Maher to Stewart: 'Drugs are good, religion is ... 5 hr Patrick 4
•••
•••