Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,983

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#66917 Jan 12, 2013
Which is why we need extraordinary evidence for the extraordinary claim of god.

Want to discuss the US going secular over a stack of foreclosed church deeds?:) They are closing at an all time high rate and are dirt cheap :)
Lincoln wrote:
Greater the claim
the greater the evidence neded.
-
Do you feel the US will ever become a secular nation?
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#66918 Jan 12, 2013
Not a role model though. Sharon used to come into our local florists with very large sunglasses to cover her bruises.:(
Givemeliberty wrote:
And crazy train would be the hymn :)
<quoted text>
Lincoln

United States

#66919 Jan 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Which is why we need extraordinary evidence for the extraordinary claim of God.
Want to discuss the US going secular over a stack of foreclosed church deeds?:) They are closing at an all time high rate and are dirt cheap :)
<quoted text>
Easter Holiday approaching with all US Public School closing for a week to observe this.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#66920 Jan 12, 2013
I like easter because in the UK we get the Friday and Monday off work but won't be going near a church. In fact very few in the UK go to church but we still get the two days off. Result!
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Easter Holiday approaching with all US Public School closing for a week to observe this.
Lincoln

United States

#66921 Jan 12, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I like easter because in the UK we get the Friday and Monday off work but won't be going near a church. In fact very few in the UK go to church but we still get the two days off. Result!
<quoted text>
UK belief in God much lower than in the US

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#66922 Jan 12, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Greater the claim
the greater the evidence nede.
Do you feel the US will ever become a secular nation?
It was a secular nation. The Christian right in this country would like to make it a theocratic oligarchy.

Some other modern secular nations would include Sweden, Denmark, Japan, etc. Modern secular nations routinely score better on livability indicators such as low felony rates, low teenage pregnancy, high math & sciences graduates, etc. The U.S. isn't one of these.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#66923 Jan 12, 2013
I know, we have so much to be thankful for.

We also get Dec 26th off work as well as the two easter days.
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
UK belief in God much lower than in the US
John

United States

#66924 Jan 12, 2013
Well, you loons did not disappoint. You, once again did not provide one accountable position of belief you were willing to debate. You failed to produce one iota of evidence that meets your requirements. You have nothing but ridiculous assertions even questioning Jesus as a historical figure. Your bigotry has diseased your brains. I will stay on point as always. Your fishing expeditions are merely ways to steer the narrative from your nothing. I asked a simple question. When you cowards are ready we can debate all your ridiculous ideas.

I think I caught an attempt at machismo in one of your posts liberty. I don't really read them all, but I do skim looking for an accountable position that is never there. Thanks for the chuckle though. Liberal atheists are such cowards.
Lincoln

United States

#66925 Jan 12, 2013
John wrote:
Well, you loons did not disappoint. You, once again did not provide one accountable position of belief you were willing to debate. You failed to produce one iota of evidence that meets your requirements. You have nothing but ridiculous assertions even questioning Jesus as a historical figure. Your bigotry has diseased your brains. I will stay on point as always. Your fishing expeditions are merely ways to steer the narrative from your nothing. I asked a simple question. When you cowards are ready we can debate all your ridiculous ideas.
I think I caught an attempt at machismo in one of your posts liberty. I don't really read them all, but I do skim looking for an accountable position that is never there. Thanks for the chuckle though. Liberal atheists are such cowards.
You tend to use "I" a great deal.

"I think I caught..."

"I do skim..."

"I asked a..... "

You seem a bit self important?
Atheists may be bored with you?
Lincoln

United States

#66926 Jan 12, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I know, we have so much to be thankful for.
We also get Dec 26th off work as well as the two easter days.
<quoted text>
Your taxes support Lords and Ladies, Dukes and other titled nonentities.

Established Church?

UK provides PBS with excellent programs
John

United States

#66927 Jan 12, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
"I think I caught..."
"I do skim..."
"I asked a..... "
No, they are just stumped bigots. I notice you have nothing as well.
John

United States

#66928 Jan 12, 2013
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle thought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence DREW, Curious, Mikey,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 64,200 plus posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#66929 Jan 12, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they are just stumped bigots. I notice you have nothing as well.
I bet your next post also doesn't contain any proof of god.
Lincoln

United States

#66930 Jan 12, 2013
John wrote:
You make the ..........Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would!
Nonsense
John

United States

#66931 Jan 12, 2013
The above is the same nothing vomited out since page one. This is an atheism forum. Do you bigots have any evidence or accountable position? Of course you don't. Why are you bringing up a God you don't believe in Septic? Nothing of your own huh?
John

United States

#66932 Jan 12, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense
Strong evidence of your nothing! Over and over and over and over.....
Lincoln

United States

#66933 Jan 12, 2013
John wrote:
.... This is an atheism forum.....
This is a free country, Not an atheist forum.

More than 9 in 10 Americans still say "YES" when asked the basic question "Do you believe in God?"; this is down only slightly from the 1940s, when Gallup first asked this question.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#66934 Jan 12, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
"I think I caught..."
"I do skim..."
"I asked a..... "
I've tried to get John to debate, but he won't. He just posts the same 3 or 4 posts again and again.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#66935 Jan 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
What if we made Ozzy the Pope?:)
<quoted text>
Pft, he already sold out.:P
Lincoln

United States

#66936 Jan 12, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I've tried to get John to debate, but he won't. He just posts the same 3 or 4 posts again and again.
seems fun here if no too serious.

Downton Abbey tomorrow evening, enjoyable English gift to American television

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God' existence 4 min Carchar king 56
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 5 min thetruth 114
Atheism does not exist at all 8 min thetruth 4
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 8 min Eagle 12 2,259
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min ChristineM 232,733
America Commits Suicide (Nov '12) 9 min thetruth 12
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 32 min _Bad Company 23,176
More from around the web