Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments (Page 3,210)

Showing posts 64,181 - 64,200 of70,959
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66893
Jan 11, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

The time and area Jesus was supposed to have his ministry in was well documented at the time there were several historians alive and documenting in Jerusalem at the supposed time of the crucifixion yet not one alive and documenting at the time wrote a single word about him. These historians documented lots of serious and trivial data. But I guess a man raised from the dead walking into Jerusalem with dozens if not hundreds of raised from the dead Jews didn't raise any eyebrows and wasn't worth noting I guess. Neither was a single man with a whip going into the temple area which was larger ten four football fields and heavily guarded to keep order and running people out of it this didn't catch anyone's interest lol!

It took decades after the supposed crucifixion before Christians wrote a single word about their so called messiah.

Not one single contemporary historian/believer wrote a word about this so called messiah. Wtf?

Not one shred of historical proof.
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Two thousand years ago is difficult to prove.
The number of historian believing one way or another in no way indicates truth.
American society, basically Christian politically, has accepted Jesus as a historical figure.
Actual DNA proof - obviously not.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66894
Jan 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Givemeliberty wrote:
But I guess a man raised from the dead walking into Jerusalem with dozens if not hundreds of raised from the dead Jews didn't raise any eyebrows and wasn't worth noting I guess. <quoted text>
With Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead, Jesus rasing from the dead and later travelling on a cloud to heaven, and "saints" rasied from their graves and wandering around Jerusalem. Perhaps this was an all too common event, zombies were so common place, that historians at the time did not think it was worthy of writing down :D
Lincoln

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66895
Jan 11, 2013
 
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The major parts are the parts we have evidence that demonstrates history beyond reasonable doubt. The Bible contradicts some major portions of history, the parts we can confirm.
Good Morning!
The Bible, New Revised Standard, may be the best, is contradictory. Handed down in oral tradition for a century or more?
Historical research is frustrating, so much in lost.

Life may be frustrating for secularists in the US. The country is religious and prayer in school may be in place in rural areas.
-
Are most atheists actually agnostics?
How can one know that God does not exist?
Peace!

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66896
Jan 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I know right? Those Jews would have been like, OY VEY here comes another hundred raised from the dead saints! Hide the silverware Mary! You can't take it with you back to the tombs!

:))
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
With Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead, Jesus rasing from the dead and later travelling on a cloud to heaven, and "saints" rasied from their graves and wandering around Jerusalem. Perhaps this was an all too common event, zombies were so common place, that historians at the time did not think it was worthy of writing down :D
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66897
Jan 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Givemeliberty wrote:
..Those Jews would have been like, OY VEY here comes another hundred raised from the dead saints! Hide the silverware Mary!..<quoted text>
lol. Its funny how Christians never want to talk about zombies. They never want to talk about cannibalism and vampirism. Hmm, I wonder why!
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66898
Jan 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Atheist ahve been udner attack for hundreds of years....TIME TO FIGHT BACK AND DEFEAT THE RELIGOUS ANZI FASCIST ONCE AND FOR ALL...End religions tyranny..
sarafina

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66899
Jan 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

sickofit wrote:
Atheist ahve been udner attack for hundreds of years....TIME TO FIGHT BACK AND DEFEAT THE RELIGOUS ANZI FASCIST ONCE AND FOR ALL...End religions tyranny..
Nothing defines atheists better than their willingness to say irrational things in defense of their disbelief.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66900
Jan 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

I think you'll find theists say some pretty irrational things here.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66902
Jan 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

sarafina wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing defines atheists better than their willingness to say irrational things in defense of their disbelief.
How so????
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66903
Jan 11, 2013
 
Websters? Merriam? OED? Collins? No- none of them say that.

Maybe you looked up "priest kiddyfiddlers" by accident.
sarafina wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing defines atheists better than their willingness to say irrational things in defense of their disbelief.
tagit

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66904
Jan 11, 2013
 
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
How so????
Forums supporting atheism are revealing to say the least. They demonstrate with every sniggering bigoted post how atheists suffer from their own bad PR. LOL!
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66905
Jan 11, 2013
 
tagit wrote:
<quoted text>
Forums supporting atheism are revealing to say the least. They demonstrate with every sniggering bigoted post how atheists suffer from their own bad PR. LOL!
WHAT?????????? Atheist dont suffer anything but the vile cruel attacks by religous nazi freaks spew out...

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66906
Jan 11, 2013
 
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning!
The Bible, New Revised Standard, may be the best, is contradictory. Handed down in oral tradition for a century or more?
Historical research is frustrating, so much in lost.
Life may be frustrating for secularists in the US. The country is religious and prayer in school may be in place in rural areas.
-
Are most atheists actually agnostics?
How can one know that God does not exist?
Peace!
Any particular claim can be verified, if there is evidence then the evidence can be tested, if there is no evidence it is safe, and sane, to assume it is nothing but mythology.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66907
Jan 11, 2013
 
Their numbers would skyrocket amongst young goth kids if they would embrace their zombie vampire side. It seems like a good marketing strategy.
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. Its funny how Christians never want to talk about zombies. They never want to talk about cannibalism and vampirism. Hmm, I wonder why!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66908
Jan 11, 2013
 
Givemeliberty wrote:
Their numbers would skyrocket amongst young goth kids if they would embrace their zombie vampire side. It seems like a good marketing strategy.
<quoted text>
No way, goth is about "not conforming" and an organized religion is the ultimate in conformity. Now way they'd recruit true goths.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66909
Jan 11, 2013
 
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning!
The Bible, New Revised Standard, may be the best, is contradictory. Handed down in oral tradition for a century or more?
Historical research is frustrating, so much in lost.
Life may be frustrating for secularists in the US. The country is religious and prayer in school may be in place in rural areas.
-
Are most atheists actually agnostics?
How can one know that God does not exist?
Peace!
Since there is no evidence god exists, why even consider the possibility that he does?
Lincoln

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66910
Jan 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Any particular claim can be verified, if there is evidence then the evidence can be tested, if there is no evidence it is safe, and sane, to assume it is nothing but mythology.
Grad student in history NYU.
Use evidence for World War II research.
Your opinions noted and respected.
You seem one of the best on the thread

“Handsome white and black men”

Since: Jan 10

Interracial love

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66911
Jan 11, 2013
 
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing is "self evident," as I pointed out to you. That is just a cop-out, an excuse, a way to tell anyone who disagrees with you, in spite of them having all the actual evidence supporting their assertions, that they are wrong, and only idiots, I mean die hard, total buffoons, think that can actually serve as evidence for anything.
Imagine if a physicist said that quantum theory is self evident. Or if electricity was just called "self evident?" We'd never have computers.
Exactly. They cannot prove their claims so they would rather just cite themselves as proof of those claims.

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66912
Jan 12, 2013
 
What if we made Ozzy the Pope?:)
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No way, goth is about "not conforming" and an organized religion is the ultimate in conformity. Now way they'd recruit true goths.
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66913
Jan 12, 2013
 
And make him chief rabbi too.
No more "shalom", lots more "SHARON????!!!!"
Givemeliberty wrote:
What if we made Ozzy the Pope?:)
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 64,181 - 64,200 of70,959
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••