Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,983

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Full Story

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#66830 Jan 8, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Right off the bat, Einstein was not a creatard, he was a deist too, not a christian. I suspect the rest of that list is also a lie.
You may have to explain deism to them.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#66831 Jan 8, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>You may have to explain deism to them.
Seems they need too much explained to them, I just can't help stupid.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#66832 Jan 8, 2013
What a lame dodge! get your nothing out of here! Atheism just means you don't believe in deities. It has nothing to do with answering specific questions. And looking to your imaginary friend for answers is childish and low IQ.

Stop dodging and stalling why should anyone accept god as anything more than the product of someone's imagination?
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Because atheism offers nothing better. The fantasy about the existence of no God is not only obtuse, but uninventive.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#66833 Jan 9, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
What a lame dodge! get your nothing out of here! Atheism just means you don't believe in deities. It has nothing to do with answering specific questions. And looking to your imaginary friend for answers is childish and low IQ.
Stop dodging and stalling why should anyone accept god as anything more than the product of someone's imagination?
<quoted text>
Is there really any sense in asking the same question when you have no intention of accepting an anwser? It's not only redundant but counterproductive.

United States

#66834 Jan 9, 2013
Up till now nobody has answers the question or even attempted to. I have asked and all of you lot have ignored and cowered or insulted and ran. It seems to be a very troubling question for you. Still waiting for an answer!

Now either answer the question or get your nothing out here! Another day i ask this sinple question and another day of ineptitude from the believers in god! Stump a theist ask them why we should accept their god as anything more than a product of their imagination!
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there really any sense in asking the same question when you have no intention of accepting an anwser? It's not only redundant but counterproductive.

Since: Jan 13

Largo, FL

#66835 Jan 9, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Because atheism offers nothing better. The fantasy about the existence of no God is not only obtuse, but uninventive.
First of all, atheism does not make any claim to offer anything better, at least not in the sense that you mean. You're like a five year old child who believes in Santa Clause, telling a 12 year old child who no longer believes in Santa, "Well your non-belief in Santa Clause offers nothing better." That's not the point.

If I see a guy who thinks he's Napoleon, and I tell him he's nuts, he might respond, "Well, your refusal to believe that I'm Napoleon offers nothing better." Is that really a valid reason for the guy to continue his delusion?

Largo, FL

#66836 Jan 9, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's approach this another way. Tell me this BBSting, how much do you know about God? I don't mean just that he exists, I know you belive that. But what do you know about God, about his personality, his motives, etc.?
_postscript_

Albuquerque, NM

#66837 Jan 9, 2013
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
John's a resident troll. We've all had the experience of trying to have adult conversation with him. And all to no avail. Thought I'd let you experience him yourself before noting that is really does no good to feed this troll.
He's got a canned post that he'll put up once a week or so and that's all he's capable of. Been going on for over a year now that I know of.
Ahhh - the lurking censoring hedonist makes an appearance!

Removing my posts won't make atheists right. LOL! I am delighted to know however that my ideas and perceptions threaten your comfortable provincial world view enough to make you resort to such an ignoble forum tactic. Just goes to show that amoral atheists will stoop to any level to protect and preserve their particular "ism" which ironically - has no socially redeeming value.

Enlightenment belongs to the adventurous thinker not the prosaic mind imprisoned by its own limited thoughts, but don't let that stop you. By all means march onward, and VIA CON DIOS.:o
tagit

UK

#66838 Jan 9, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, atheism does not make any claim to offer anything better, at least not in the sense that you mean. You're like a five year old child who believes in Santa Clause, telling a 12 year old child who no longer believes in Santa, "Well your non-belief in Santa Clause offers nothing better." That's not the point.
If I see a guy who thinks he's Napoleon, and I tell him he's nuts, he might respond, "Well, your refusal to believe that I'm Napoleon offers nothing better." Is that really a valid reason for the guy to continue his delusion?
Only the self righteous think they can decide what people should and should not believe.

Largo, FL

#66839 Jan 9, 2013
tagit wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the self righteous think they can decide what people should and should not believe.
You're 100 percent correct. The religious nuts who decide that everyone believe in God are indeed self righteous.

I, on the other hand, will only decide what I will believe.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

#66840 Jan 9, 2013
_postscript_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh - the lurking censoring hedonist makes an appearance!
Removing my posts won't make atheists right. LOL! I am delighted to know however that my ideas and perceptions threaten your comfortable provincial world view enough to make you resort to such an ignoble forum tactic. Just goes to show that amoral atheists will stoop to any level to protect and preserve their particular "ism" which ironically - has no socially redeeming value.
Enlightenment belongs to the adventurous thinker not the prosaic mind imprisoned by its own limited thoughts, but don't let that stop you. By all means march onward, and VIA CON DIOS.:o
Bearing false witness against me again.

I would not (and could not) censor anybody. Even the Topix moderators only censor the worst TOS offenders.

And you continue your hateful straw man caricature of atheists as a group. You are such a fine example of the bigotry which drives a lot of atheists to speak out and say we've had enough. Should I assume that this is typical of all Christians?

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

#66841 Jan 9, 2013
tagit wrote:
<quoted text>
“I would defend the liberty of consenting adult creationists to practice whatever intellectual perversions they like in the privacy of their own homes; but it is also necessary to protect the young and innocent.”~ Arthur C. Clarke

“We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.”~ H. L. Mencken

“Secularists are often wrongly accused of trying to purge religious ideals from public discourse. We simply want to deny them public sponsorship.”~ Wendy Kaminer
Lincoln

United States

#66846 Jan 9, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
U
Now either answer the question or get your nothing out here! Another day i ask this sinple question and another day of ineptitude from the believers in god! Stump a theist ask them why we should accept their god as anything more than a product of their imagination!
<quoted text>
Life is brief and so far no one has reported on what occurs after we die.

There is a wish for life after death.

It is fun to watch atheists go nuts when they see a Nativity Scene on Public Land at Christmas
Lincoln

United States

#66847 Jan 9, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
You're 100 percent correct. The religious nuts who decide that everyone believe in God are indeed self righteous.
I
, on the other hand, will only decide what

I

will believe.
Two uses of "I".:-)

We really don't care what you believe!

Self centered people are b o r i n g !

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#66848 Jan 9, 2013
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
I would agree with you but then we'd both be wrong. You're not challenging the validity of extrasensory perception by attempting to diminish the significance of these events. You are creating obstacles for yourself - webs of assumptions that will prevent you from opening the inner door that leads to the evidence you seek. Don't look to science for assistance. Since it refuses to consider the question of awareized consciousness in any of its calculations, it can't even begin to validate extrasensory experiences. Fortunately, the beauty of self-evident subjective experience is that its meaning is not dependent on the corroboration of science.
Intellectual freedom requires the presence of alternative thoughts. The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that "removes" the awareness of other possibilities. Think about it.
But I'm saying there is no significance to these events.

Santa Monica, CA

#66849 Jan 9, 2013
John wrote:
You might as well scream, "I'm stumped!" Aren't you tolerant of homosexuals?
Get your nothing out of here!
John posts the same 4 or 5 posts, then refuses to debate.

Santa Monica, CA

#66850 Jan 9, 2013
Wrathbone wrote:
<quoted text>
How about scientists who support the idea of Intelligent Design, are they also pompous dolts in your narrow minded world of bigoted opinions?
"Intelligent Design" is just a euphemism for creationism.
Dismissed.

United States

#66851 Jan 9, 2013
Life is brief, far to brief to waste it on unproven fanciful notions such as god/s because living under such delusions prevents people from reaching their full potential and that is the saddest thing of all when it comes to the imaginary friend you call God.
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Life is brief and so far no one has reported on what occurs after we die.
There is a wish for life after death.
It is fun to watch atheists go nuts when they see a Nativity Scene on Public Land at Christmas

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#66852 Jan 9, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
"Intelligent Design" is just a euphemism for creationism.
Dismissed.
If you are right, and God doesn't exist that would explain why the world is so screwed up!

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#66853 Jan 9, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
But I'm saying there is no significance to these events.
You can say it, but saying it doesn't make it true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr Morse 232,033
God' existence 7 hr Geezerjock 1
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 9 hr tha Professor 1,051
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 17 hr Morse 30
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Thu Ooogah Boogah 14,456
Young atheists: The political leaders of tomorrow Thu thetruth 6
Why Christians should stick up for atheists Thu thetruth 8

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE