Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,983

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Full Story

Since: Jan 13

Largo, FL

#66808 Jan 8, 2013
John wrote:
Calm liberal LOL, how about outed loon. You purposefully and incorrectly submitted multiple claims I have made. That's what liberals do; calm or otherwise.
I've simply noted you have no evidence that meets your own criteria in this arena.
I've simply noted you loons spend an inordinate amount of time fighting a God you don't believe in.
I've simply noted your intellectual cowardice and hypocrisy.
When you get over your nothing let me know what your nothing is. I don't debate nothing.
I will debate the evidences and reasons for belief in a prime mover vs whatever nonsense you choose. You can't even dip your little toe in the big boy pool though can you bigot? My evidence will be the nothing you respond with.
I especially like Obama voting nothings patting theirselves on the back as if they are the intellectuals. Honey, you got nothing except a forum about nothing.
Stump an antitheist? Ask them what they believe. So?
I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't spend any time "fighting God", as I don't believe there is anything to fight. You know, John, your act is pretty old among us atheists. You babble on and on about some high sounding philosophical rubbish, but it all boils down to the same thing. "God exists because I say so, and if you don't agree, you're a loon, also because I say so." Yawn

Here is my opinion in a nutshell, John. Your belief system is based on mythology and superstition. I don't care whether you believe in God or not. I think it's a silly idea that people should have outgrown many, many years ago. But if you choose to hang on to it, who's stopping you? All I'm saying is that calling people "loons" every few seconds does not prove you're right. It just proves you are very angry and unhappy. Sorry about that. But I can't help you.
John

United States

#66809 Jan 8, 2013
Ummm, ummm....but you don't believe in God. Thanks for the dance bigot. All your noise and accusations, assertions, etc are merely attempts to steer the narrative from your nothing.

I notice you avoided my questions and came back with nothing of your own. Thank nothing you had a God to post about.

So much for you self proclaimed intellectuals.(stomps on bug)
John

United States

#66810 Jan 8, 2013
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost three years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Three years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 64,120 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True science that is repeatable and observable.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#66811 Jan 8, 2013
I believe you're a nobjockey.
John wrote:
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
John

United States

#66812 Jan 8, 2013
You might as well scream, "I'm stumped!" Aren't you tolerant of homosexuals?

Get your nothing out of here!

Largo, FL

#66813 Jan 8, 2013
John wrote:
You might as well scream, "I'm stumped!" Aren't you tolerant of homosexuals?
Get your nothing out of here!
Easy there, psycho. I bet you throw rocks at thinks you don't understand, don't you?

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#66814 Jan 8, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy there, psycho. I bet you throw rocks at thinks you don't understand, don't you?
John's a resident troll. We've all had the experience of trying to have adult conversation with him. And all to no avail. Thought I'd let you experience him yourself before noting that is really does no good to feed this troll.

He's got a canned post that he'll put up once a week or so and that's all he's capable of. Been going on for over a year now that I know of.

Largo, FL

#66815 Jan 8, 2013
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
John's a resident troll. We've all had the experience of trying to have adult conversation with him. And all to no avail. Thought I'd let you experience him yourself before noting that is really does no good to feed this troll.
He's got a canned post that he'll put up once a week or so and that's all he's capable of. Been going on for over a year now that I know of.
Well, maybe I need to speak to him in his own language. So here goes:

"John, it is painfully obvious that your dichotomy is extinct to the point of rapture. Admit it, coward! You and your incessant co-religionists are unable to verify the very tenants of your verification. Therefore, you have something. So take your something, and shove it! But alas, your seemingly non-essential reliance upon essential reliance has been your undoing, both here and in the heretofore. Coward! But I will no longer deign to aspire to your metaphysical untowardness as it seems, in a word, supercalifragilistic. Liar! Let us also remember that your esoteric diaphram, needlessly derived from the bacillus of truth, can only lead to ruptured testicles. This is the conundrum for which there is no alimony. You seek, then you expostilate, without motion or memory. Fruitcake! And so, I bid you two hearts and a club, for your failure to explore the recesses of my aorta has grown tiresome. Nosepicker!"

Well, how was that? Do I win the "John sound alike" contest?
John

United States

#66816 Jan 8, 2013
Translation- We will post anything at all we think will marginalize believers and mask our nothing. Actually, for true freethinkers I asked simply what these folks believed. It is their forum. The ducking, obfuscating, and lengths they have gone for over THREE years is prima facie evidence of their lunacy.

Most in here are decidely antitheist. I offered hundreds of times to debate the evidences and reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position they choose. No takers. No surprise. You see, absolutely nothing is proof in this arena to them. They have rules though LOL. It is they that find it necessary to inject a God they don't believe in. I simply asked a question and it devolved from there.

How does an antitheist quantify the likelihood of always was, alien seeding, prime mover, something from nothing. Show your work and make sure it meets the evidentiary standards you hold others to.

Now sit back and wait for the nothing.
Lincoln

United States

#66817 Jan 8, 2013
Indy 300M wrote:
<quoted text>
So religion doesn't drive us back to the dark ages. Look at the muslim world. No thanks..........
Generalization
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#66818 Jan 8, 2013
Science flies you to the Moon.
Religion flies you into buildings.
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Generalization

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#66819 Jan 8, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Generalization
Why do you keep proving the generalization correct? If you don't want the generalization made, then prove it wrong.
John

United States

#66820 Jan 8, 2013
Atheism is responsible for more death than all of the religions combined. I prefer facts!

Focus on atheism now. This is an atheism forum.*crickets*
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#66821 Jan 8, 2013
Clearly you don't.
John wrote:
Atheism is responsible for more death than all of the religions combined. I prefer facts!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#66822 Jan 8, 2013
John wrote:
Focus on atheism now. This is an atheism forum.*crickets*
Irony meter went blamm-o.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#66823 Jan 8, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the bottom line, Ace. You believe in an invisible super-hero. And you are angry that some of us are not big enough suckers to share your belief. I suspect that the reason your post is so verbose is that you think that by piling up enough words, you can obscure the fact that, far from being a "rational freethinker", your are a superstitious dolt. Being pompous about it doesn't help. It just means you're a pompous, superstitious dolt.
(dusting off my hands) Ok, I'm done with you.
How about scientists who support the idea of Intelligent Design, are they also pompous dolts in your narrow minded world of bigoted opinions?

Nobel Prize Winners - Intelligent Design and Fine Tuned Universe:

ALBERT EINSTEIN, Nobel Laureate in Physics
MAX PLANCK, Nobel Laureate in Physics
WERNER HEISENBERG, Nobel Laureate in Physics
ERWIN SCHRÖDINGER, Nobel Laureate in Physics
ROBERT MILLIKAN, Nobel Laureate in Physics:
CHARLES TOWNES, Nobel Laureate in Physics
ARTHUR SCHAWLOW, Nobel Laureate in Physics
WILLIAM PHILLIPS, Nobel Laureate in Physics
SIR WILLIAM H. BRAGG, Nobel Laureate in Physics
GUGLIELMO MARCONI, Nobel Laureate in Physics
ARTHUR COMPTON, Nobel Laureate in Physics
ARNO PENZIAS, Nobel Laureate in Physics
ALEXIS CARREL, Nobel Laureate in Medicine and Physiology
SIR JOHN ECCLES, Nobel Laureate in Medicine and Physiology
JOSEPH MURRAY, Nobel Laureate in Medicine and Physiology
SIR ERNST CHAIN, Nobel Laureate in Medicine and Physiology
GEORGE WALD, Nobel Laureate in Medicine and Physiology
SIR DEREK BARTON, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry
CHRISTIAN ANFINSEN, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry
WALTER KOHN, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry

http://atheismexposed.tripod.com/nobelistsgod...

Murray Eden of MIT, a mathematician, believes that life could not begin by "random selection," which is the basic pillar of evolutionary teaching. He said "that if randomness is set aside, then only "design" would remain, and that would require purposive planning by an Intelligence." He demonstrated mathematically that it would be impossible for even a single ordered pair of genes to be produced by DNA mutations in the bacteria, E. coli, with 5 billion years in which to produce it!

C.H. Waddington, a prominent British evolutionist, scathingly attacked neo-Darwinism, maintaining that "all it proved was that plants and animals could have offspring!"

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#66824 Jan 8, 2013
Wrathbone wrote:
<quoted text>
How about scientists who support the idea of Intelligent Design, are they also pompous dolts in your narrow minded world of bigoted opinions?
Nobel Prize Winners - Intelligent Design and Fine Tuned Universe:
ALBERT EINSTEIN, Nobel Laureate in Physics
MAX PLANCK, Nobel Laureate in Physics
WERNER HEISENBERG, Nobel Laureate in Physics
ERWIN SCHRÖDINGER, Nobel Laureate in Physics
ROBERT MILLIKAN, Nobel Laureate in Physics:
CHARLES TOWNES, Nobel Laureate in Physics
ARTHUR SCHAWLOW, Nobel Laureate in Physics
WILLIAM PHILLIPS, Nobel Laureate in Physics
SIR WILLIAM H. BRAGG, Nobel Laureate in Physics
GUGLIELMO MARCONI, Nobel Laureate in Physics
ARTHUR COMPTON, Nobel Laureate in Physics
ARNO PENZIAS, Nobel Laureate in Physics
ALEXIS CARREL, Nobel Laureate in Medicine and Physiology
SIR JOHN ECCLES, Nobel Laureate in Medicine and Physiology
JOSEPH MURRAY, Nobel Laureate in Medicine and Physiology
SIR ERNST CHAIN, Nobel Laureate in Medicine and Physiology
GEORGE WALD, Nobel Laureate in Medicine and Physiology
SIR DEREK BARTON, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry
CHRISTIAN ANFINSEN, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry
WALTER KOHN, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry
http://atheismexposed.tripod.com/nobelistsgod...
Murray Eden of MIT, a mathematician, believes that life could not begin by "random selection," which is the basic pillar of evolutionary teaching. He said "that if randomness is set aside, then only "design" would remain, and that would require purposive planning by an Intelligence." He demonstrated mathematically that it would be impossible for even a single ordered pair of genes to be produced by DNA mutations in the bacteria, E. coli, with 5 billion years in which to produce it!
C.H. Waddington, a prominent British evolutionist, scathingly attacked neo-Darwinism, maintaining that "all it proved was that plants and animals could have offspring!"
Right off the bat, Einstein was not a creatard, he was a deist too, not a christian. I suspect the rest of that list is also a lie.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#66827 Jan 8, 2013
So John why should anyone accept god as anything more than the product of someone's vivid imagination?

Let the nothing continue as this question has stumped all the theists on here.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#66828 Jan 8, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
So John why should anyone accept god as anything more than the product of someone's vivid imagination?
Let the nothing continue as this question has stumped all the theists on here.
Because atheism offers nothing better. The fantasy about the existence of no God is not only obtuse, but uninventive.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#66829 Jan 8, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Because atheism offers nothing better. The fantasy about the existence of no God is not only obtuse, but uninventive.
Well, at least you pulled a new fallacy. I give you credit for being different.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 16 min waaasssuuup 228,544
Our world came from nothing? 38 min Andre 683
Another week, another atheist demands we call h... 1 hr Patrick 5
The Ultimate Evidence of God (Mar '14) 3 hr Patrick 140
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 4 hr Patrick 150
Is Religion Childish? 6 hr Patrick 3
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 8 hr _Bad Company 22,919

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE