Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments (Page 3,203)

Showing posts 64,041 - 64,060 of70,959
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Hilarious! Just goes to show that the common man has more common sense than the educated.
(fist bump)
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Sources?
postscriptt wrote:
Science attempts to create its own breed of humankind - one that fits its version of reality. A breed whose members must ignore their own psychological encounters with life. A breed that cannot trust direct personal experience but can only be comfortable with subjective events when they can be interpreted through the intermediaries of instruments, gadgets and objective measuring devices.
Paradoxically, scientists are quick to expose psychic chalatanism where it exists, yet they are blind to their own scientific nonsense!
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Thinking wrote:
Sources?
<quoted text>
My direct personal experience.

Since: Jan 13

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

I find it baffling that belief in God can still continue into the 21st century. It goes to show the power that superstition holds over the human mind.
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

As you're delusional, that means little to reality.
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
My direct personal experience.
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
As you're delusional, that means little to reality.
<quoted text>
True reality, or science's reality? The answers you seek are not "out there" or apart from your natural mystical self. They are as close to you as your impulses, premonitions and intuitions are -for your identity lies within your inner reality from which all events in your life emerge. Your natural self knows this - going along with your true nature brings value fulfillment and fortunate events into your physical experience - for your intents, abilities and needs work naturally together. When you believe in impediments - your belief creates them. This is also the result of the nature of our creative awareized consciousness.

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
True reality, or science's reality? The answers you seek are not "out there" or apart from your natural mystical self. They are as close to you as your impulses, premonitions and intuitions are -for your identity lies within your inner reality from which all events in your life emerge. Your natural self knows this - going along with your true nature brings value fulfillment and fortunate events into your physical experience - for your intents, abilities and needs work naturally together. When you believe in impediments - your belief creates them. This is also the result of the nature of our creative awareized consciousness.
Translation: "God is real because I believe God is real."
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Much like scientific assumptions, eh? They are real not because they are, but because science says they are.
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

No.
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
God is real because God exists.

Romans 1:20
"For His invisible attributes, namely, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made."

Job 12:7
“But observe the beasts, and they will teach you; the birds of the heavens and the fish of the sea, and they will tell you. Who among all these does not know that the hand of God has done this? Does not the ear test words as the palate tastes food?"

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Much like scientific assumptions, eh? They are real not because they are, but because science says they are.
Oh, really? So gravity only exists because science says it exists? The earth is only round because science says it is round?

No, gravity exists because it has been proven to exist. If you don't believe me, then go jump off a tall building.

The earth is not round because science says so. It is round because it has been proven to be round. There is an invention called photography. And this invention was used in outer space to take picutres of the earth, thereby proving the earth is not flat.

Please don't try to argue that your superstition is just as valid and trustworthy as science. That is absurd.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, what scientists say is real is most often real, and that's because they exhibit the same traits and results for everything. Your god can't even show up the same way to everyone, so your god isn't real.
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, really? So gravity only exists because science says it exists? The earth is only round because science says it is round?
No, gravity exists because it has been proven to exist. If you don't believe me, then go jump off a tall building.
The earth is not round because science says so. It is round because it has been proven to be round. There is an invention called photography. And this invention was used in outer space to take picutres of the earth, thereby proving the earth is not flat.
Please don't try to argue that your superstition is just as valid and trustworthy as science. That is absurd.
The earth is round because we can see the reflection of its shape on the moon during a lunar eclispe. This is as true today as it was when Ferdinand Magellan first took notice. And gravity? Well - its currently undergoing scientific reconstruction as do all of science's "theories" eventually. Why should anyone accept science's theories as truthworthy when they change all the time?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
The earth is round because we can see the reflection of its shape on the moon during a lunar eclispe. This is as true today as it was when Ferdinand Magellan first took notice. And gravity? Well - its currently undergoing scientific reconstruction as do all of science's "theories" eventually. Why should anyone accept science's theories as truthworthy when they change all the time?
Actually, that would just make people think it's circular. Even then, a square object casting a shadow on a spherical object produces a shadow that is almost circular as well. We know it's round because of a primitive version of the scientific method utilized.

Because the theory is being refined doesn't make gravity go away either, does it?
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost three years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Three years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 64,070 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True science that is repeatable and observable.
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, that would just make people think it's circular. Even then, a square object casting a shadow on a spherical object produces a shadow that is almost circular as well. We know it's round because of a primitive version of the scientific method utilized.
Because the theory is being refined doesn't make gravity go away either, does it?
Obfuscation will get you nowhere. Erik Verlinde, professor of Theoretical Physics says gravity is an illusion:
http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2012/11/...

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obfuscation will get you nowhere. Erik Verlinde, professor of Theoretical Physics says gravity is an illusion:
http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2012/11/...
What am I hiding?

So, you have another mentally disturbed "professor," good for you. Doesn't change the fact that what goes up, must collide with another object.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hebrews 13:8
God is the same yesterday and today and forever.
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
What am I hiding?
So, you have another mentally disturbed "professor," good for you. Doesn't change the fact that what goes up, must collide with another object.
How strange. You label everybody, including scientists who disagree with you as mentally disturbed. Has it ever occurred to you that you might be the one who is unhinged?
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

LucindaW wrote:
<quoted text>
Hebrews 13:8
God is the same yesterday and today and forever.
Indeed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 64,041 - 64,060 of70,959
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••