Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments
64,041 - 64,060 of 70,983 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 5
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#66744 Jan 7, 2013
Sources?
postscriptt wrote:
Science attempts to create its own breed of humankind - one that fits its version of reality. A breed whose members must ignore their own psychological encounters with life. A breed that cannot trust direct personal experience but can only be comfortable with subjective events when they can be interpreted through the intermediaries of instruments, gadgets and objective measuring devices.
Paradoxically, scientists are quick to expose psychic chalatanism where it exists, yet they are blind to their own scientific nonsense!
postscriptt

Albuquerque, NM

#66745 Jan 7, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Sources?
<quoted text>
My direct personal experience.

Since: Jan 13

Largo, FL

#66746 Jan 7, 2013
I find it baffling that belief in God can still continue into the 21st century. It goes to show the power that superstition holds over the human mind.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#66747 Jan 7, 2013
As you're delusional, that means little to reality.
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
My direct personal experience.
postscriptt

Albuquerque, NM

#66748 Jan 7, 2013
Thinking wrote:
As you're delusional, that means little to reality.
<quoted text>
True reality, or science's reality? The answers you seek are not "out there" or apart from your natural mystical self. They are as close to you as your impulses, premonitions and intuitions are -for your identity lies within your inner reality from which all events in your life emerge. Your natural self knows this - going along with your true nature brings value fulfillment and fortunate events into your physical experience - for your intents, abilities and needs work naturally together. When you believe in impediments - your belief creates them. This is also the result of the nature of our creative awareized consciousness.

Since: Jan 13

Largo, FL

#66749 Jan 7, 2013
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
True reality, or science's reality? The answers you seek are not "out there" or apart from your natural mystical self. They are as close to you as your impulses, premonitions and intuitions are -for your identity lies within your inner reality from which all events in your life emerge. Your natural self knows this - going along with your true nature brings value fulfillment and fortunate events into your physical experience - for your intents, abilities and needs work naturally together. When you believe in impediments - your belief creates them. This is also the result of the nature of our creative awareized consciousness.
Translation: "God is real because I believe God is real."
postscriptt

Albuquerque, NM

#66750 Jan 7, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: "God is real because I believe God is real."
Much like scientific assumptions, eh? They are real not because they are, but because science says they are.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#66751 Jan 7, 2013
No.
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
True reality, or science's reality? The answers you seek are not "out there" or apart from your natural mystical self. They are as close to you as your impulses, premonitions and intuitions are -for your identity lies within your inner reality from which all events in your life emerge. Your natural self knows this - going along with your true nature brings value fulfillment and fortunate events into your physical experience - for your intents, abilities and needs work naturally together. When you believe in impediments - your belief creates them. This is also the result of the nature of our creative awareized consciousness.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#66752 Jan 7, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: "God is real because I believe God is real."
God is real because God exists.

Romans 1:20
"For His invisible attributes, namely, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made."

Job 12:7
“But observe the beasts, and they will teach you; the birds of the heavens and the fish of the sea, and they will tell you. Who among all these does not know that the hand of God has done this? Does not the ear test words as the palate tastes food?"

Since: Jan 13

Largo, FL

#66753 Jan 7, 2013
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Much like scientific assumptions, eh? They are real not because they are, but because science says they are.
Oh, really? So gravity only exists because science says it exists? The earth is only round because science says it is round?

No, gravity exists because it has been proven to exist. If you don't believe me, then go jump off a tall building.

The earth is not round because science says so. It is round because it has been proven to be round. There is an invention called photography. And this invention was used in outer space to take picutres of the earth, thereby proving the earth is not flat.

Please don't try to argue that your superstition is just as valid and trustworthy as science. That is absurd.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#66754 Jan 7, 2013
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Much like scientific assumptions, eh? They are real not because they are, but because science says they are.
Actually, what scientists say is real is most often real, and that's because they exhibit the same traits and results for everything. Your god can't even show up the same way to everyone, so your god isn't real.
postscriptt

Albuquerque, NM

#66755 Jan 7, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, really? So gravity only exists because science says it exists? The earth is only round because science says it is round?
No, gravity exists because it has been proven to exist. If you don't believe me, then go jump off a tall building.
The earth is not round because science says so. It is round because it has been proven to be round. There is an invention called photography. And this invention was used in outer space to take picutres of the earth, thereby proving the earth is not flat.
Please don't try to argue that your superstition is just as valid and trustworthy as science. That is absurd.
The earth is round because we can see the reflection of its shape on the moon during a lunar eclispe. This is as true today as it was when Ferdinand Magellan first took notice. And gravity? Well - its currently undergoing scientific reconstruction as do all of science's "theories" eventually. Why should anyone accept science's theories as truthworthy when they change all the time?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#66756 Jan 7, 2013
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
The earth is round because we can see the reflection of its shape on the moon during a lunar eclispe. This is as true today as it was when Ferdinand Magellan first took notice. And gravity? Well - its currently undergoing scientific reconstruction as do all of science's "theories" eventually. Why should anyone accept science's theories as truthworthy when they change all the time?
Actually, that would just make people think it's circular. Even then, a square object casting a shadow on a spherical object produces a shadow that is almost circular as well. We know it's round because of a primitive version of the scientific method utilized.

Because the theory is being refined doesn't make gravity go away either, does it?
John

United States

#66757 Jan 7, 2013
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost three years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Three years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 64,070 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True science that is repeatable and observable.
postscriptt

Albuquerque, NM

#66758 Jan 7, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, that would just make people think it's circular. Even then, a square object casting a shadow on a spherical object produces a shadow that is almost circular as well. We know it's round because of a primitive version of the scientific method utilized.
Because the theory is being refined doesn't make gravity go away either, does it?
Obfuscation will get you nowhere. Erik Verlinde, professor of Theoretical Physics says gravity is an illusion:
http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2012/11/...

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#66759 Jan 7, 2013
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obfuscation will get you nowhere. Erik Verlinde, professor of Theoretical Physics says gravity is an illusion:
http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2012/11/...
What am I hiding?

So, you have another mentally disturbed "professor," good for you. Doesn't change the fact that what goes up, must collide with another object.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#66760 Jan 7, 2013
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
The earth is round because we can see the reflection of its shape on the moon during a lunar eclispe. This is as true today as it was when Ferdinand Magellan first took notice. And gravity? Well - its currently undergoing scientific reconstruction as do all of science's "theories" eventually. Why should anyone accept science's theories as truthworthy when they change all the time?
Hebrews 13:8
God is the same yesterday and today and forever.
postscriptt

Albuquerque, NM

#66761 Jan 7, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
What am I hiding?
So, you have another mentally disturbed "professor," good for you. Doesn't change the fact that what goes up, must collide with another object.
How strange. You label everybody, including scientists who disagree with you as mentally disturbed. Has it ever occurred to you that you might be the one who is unhinged?
postscriptt

Albuquerque, NM

#66762 Jan 7, 2013
LucindaW wrote:
<quoted text>
Hebrews 13:8
God is the same yesterday and today and forever.
Indeed.

Since: Jan 13

Largo, FL

#66763 Jan 7, 2013
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obfuscation will get you nowhere. Erik Verlinde, professor of Theoretical Physics says gravity is an illusion:
http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2012/11/...
Then why don't you jump off the top of a very tall building, thus proving that Professor Verlinde is correct?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Thinking 226,606
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 37 min Eman 21,541
Becoming a parent changed everything. 1 hr Givemeliberty 1
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 2 hr greymouser 5,922
It seems there are more Atheists in the Christi... (Jun '13) 2 hr Mikko 18
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 2 hr Mikko 63
Our world came from nothing? 11 hr Thinking 438
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••