Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments (Page 3,202)

Showing posts 64,021 - 64,040 of70,904
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66721
Jan 6, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
No proof of god - and no arguments whatsoever. You need to prove your god before your criticize science.
Science, like religion, is fair game. The only prerequisite necessary is doubt. And while I'm on the subject - you atheists have a loooooog march ahead of you.

A recent Gallop poll (June-2012) found that "forty-six percent of Americans believe in the creationist view that God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years. The prevalence of this creationist view of the origin of humans is essentially unchanged from 30 years ago, when Gallup first asked the question. About a third of Americans believe that humans evolved, but with God's guidance; 15% say humans evolved, but that God had no part in the process."

"More broadly, some 78% of Americans today believe that God had a hand in the development of humans in some way, just slightly less than the percentage who felt this way 30 years ago."

http://www.gallup.com/poll/155003/Hold-Creati...

So much for the credulity of science's version of creation, eh? In order to swallow science's schtick about origins completely - that the universe happened by accident - that something comes from nothing - that dead matter gives rise to life - you have to have a postgraduate degree. LOL!

"Americans with postgraduate education are most likely of all the educational groups to say humans evolved without God's guidance, and least likely to say God created humans in their present form within the last 10,000 years."
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66722
Jan 6, 2013
 

Judged:

3

Tis coincidence, and nothing more - or so science says. If you know whose on the phone before you answer it - if you experience a DeJa-Vu - if you follow an impuilse that proves beneficial - if you experience a premonition about someone that comes true - if something tells you not to board a plane that later crashes - rack it all up as coicidence.

Think of the millions of events like this that occur daily all over the world, and then think of all those brainwashed scientific schlubs who chose to ignore this widespread evidence of human extrasensory experience - experiences that shouldn't happen at all according to them.

Each precognition no matter how small is self-evident proof that the world has a meaning never found by Darwinian or Freudian thought - that the self has access to an inner system of communication and perception demonstated in the evidence of experience.
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66723
Jan 6, 2013
 
Wrathbone wrote:
<quoted text>
I got through a couple of the videos. I think Penn and Teller have more fun duping the viewer with their sensationalized crackpot psychotic twists.
(Fist bump)

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66724
Jan 6, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

postscriptt wrote:
Tis coincidence, and nothing more - or so science says. If you know whose on the phone before you answer it - if you experience a DeJa-Vu - if you follow an impuilse that proves beneficial - if you experience a premonition about someone that comes true - if something tells you not to board a plane that later crashes - rack it all up as coicidence.
Think of the millions of events like this that occur daily all over the world, and then think of all those brainwashed scientific schlubs who chose to ignore this widespread evidence of human extrasensory experience - experiences that shouldn't happen at all according to them.
Each precognition no matter how small is self-evident proof that the world has a meaning never found by Darwinian or Freudian thought - that the self has access to an inner system of communication and perception demonstated in the evidence of experience.
Yet none of what you mention has any more reliability than sheer chance. Odd that.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66725
Jan 6, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Science, like religion, is fair game. The only prerequisite necessary is doubt. And while I'm on the subject - you atheists have a loooooog march ahead of you.
A recent Gallop poll (June-2012) found that "forty-six percent of Americans believe in the creationist view that God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years. The prevalence of this creationist view of the origin of humans is essentially unchanged from 30 years ago, when Gallup first asked the question. About a third of Americans believe that humans evolved, but with God's guidance; 15% say humans evolved, but that God had no part in the process."
"More broadly, some 78% of Americans today believe that God had a hand in the development of humans in some way, just slightly less than the percentage who felt this way 30 years ago."
http://www.gallup.com/poll/155003/Hold-Creati...
So much for the credulity of science's version of creation, eh? In order to swallow science's schtick about origins completely - that the universe happened by accident - that something comes from nothing - that dead matter gives rise to life - you have to have a postgraduate degree. LOL!
"Americans with postgraduate education are most likely of all the educational groups to say humans evolved without God's guidance, and least likely to say God created humans in their present form within the last 10,000 years."
Ah yes, the appeal to popularity. You do realize that historically, the majority has been wrong more often than correct, right? I mean, this little fact can't have escaped your lack of logic.
Lincoln

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66726
Jan 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes, the appeal to popularity. You do realize that historically, the majority has been wrong more often than correct, right? I mean, this little fact can't have escaped your lack of logic.
Agree!
Seems a popular belief that morality and truth are best decided by the Gallup Poll.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66727
Jan 6, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree!
Seems a popular belief that morality and truth are best decided by the Gallup Poll.
It's a fallacy often employed by the desperate. Popularity has little to no actual impact on the validity of anything, but due to historical trends it is wise not to base anything on popularity until the trends shift to the majority choosing more wisely more often.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66728
Jan 6, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

So anyways believers tell me.

Why should anyone believe that god is anything more than the product of someone's imagination?

Another day and another show of ineptitude by the theists. They are terrified of this question and have nothing.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66729
Jan 6, 2013
 
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Even some of the greats had delusions.
KitttenKoder

You are right....I should just let it go....Intellectual curiosity still kills the cat.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66730
Jan 6, 2013
 
Wrathbone wrote:
<quoted text>
I got through a couple of the videos. I think Penn and Teller have more fun duping the viewer with their sensationalized crackpot psychotic twists.
I never did like these guys. Something sleazy about them. Teller can talk yet he acts like Penn's wooden mannikin when preforming. Why not use a real ventriloquist's dummy? Creepy.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66731
Jan 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Science, like religion, is fair game. The only prerequisite necessary is doubt. And while I'm on the subject - you atheists have a loooooog march ahead of you.
A recent Gallop poll (June-2012) found that "forty-six percent of Americans believe in the creationist view that God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years. The prevalence of this creationist view of the origin of humans is essentially unchanged from 30 years ago, when Gallup first asked the question. About a third of Americans believe that humans evolved, but with God's guidance; 15% say humans evolved, but that God had no part in the process."
"More broadly, some 78% of Americans today believe that God had a hand in the development of humans in some way, just slightly less than the percentage who felt this way 30 years ago."
http://www.gallup.com/poll/155003/Hold-Creati...
So much for the credulity of science's version of creation, eh? In order to swallow science's schtick about origins completely - that the universe happened by accident - that something comes from nothing - that dead matter gives rise to life - you have to have a postgraduate degree. LOL!
"Americans with postgraduate education are most likely of all the educational groups to say humans evolved without God's guidance, and least likely to say God created humans in their present form within the last 10,000 years."
Hilarious! Just goes to show that the common man has more common sense than the educated.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66732
Jan 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes, the appeal to popularity. You do realize that historically, the majority has been wrong more often than correct, right? I mean, this little fact can't have escaped your lack of logic.
Don't feel bad. A lot of people with college degrees don't have smarts.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66733
Jan 6, 2013
 

Judged:

2

Givemeliberty wrote:
So anyways believers tell me.
Why should anyone believe that god is anything more than the product of someone's imagination?
Another day and another show of ineptitude by the theists. They are terrified of this question and have nothing.
Do that trick again. The one where you pull your lip over your head and swallow yourself.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66734
Jan 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't feel bad. A lot of people with college degrees don't have smarts.
I completely agree.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66735
Jan 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
I never did like these guys. Something sleazy about them. Teller can talk yet he acts like Penn's wooden mannikin when preforming. Why not use a real ventriloquist's dummy? Creepy.
Erm, so you don't ever actually watch them. You should just admit to not actually watching them instead of attempting ad homs.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66736
Jan 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Hilarious! Just goes to show that the common man has more common sense than the educated.
No, just that they are more gullible and easily led.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66737
Jan 6, 2013
 
postscriptt wrote:
Tis coincidence, and nothing more - or so science says. If you know whose on the phone before you answer it -
And what about all of the times you don't? Or think you do, and are wrong?
postscriptt wrote:
if you experience a DeJa-Vu - if you follow an impuilse that proves beneficial - if you experience a premonition about someone that comes true - if something tells you not to board a plane that later crashes - rack it all up as coicidence.
Think of the millions of events like this that occur daily all over the world, and then think of all those brainwashed scientific schlubs who chose to ignore this widespread evidence of human extrasensory experience - experiences that shouldn't
happen at all according to them.
How many people are likely to call a typical person?
And my guess is that people tend to remember the times they were right about who is calling, and forget the times they were wrong.
Think about this, one time I was driving with a friend, mentioned a celebrity, looked at the car next to us, and he was in the car. Wow, huh? But think of all the times I mention a celeb, and they aren't in the car next to me.
postscriptt wrote:
Each precognition no matter how small is self-evident proof that the world has a meaning never found by Darwinian or Freudian thought - that the self has access to an inner system of communication and perception demonstated in the evidence of experience.
People have a tendency to, what I call, "constellationalize" , impose meaning/patterns onto randomness.(Like making constellations and stories out of the random spread of stars in the sky.)
Doing that probably has a survival advantage, and no real survival disadvantage. People who thought a random pattern of leaves was a lion lived to produce more offspring than those who though a lion was a random pattern of leaves.

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66738
Jan 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Another theist who is unable to answer the question. Get your nothing out of here! Wow that really has them stumped!

Why should anyone accept god as anything more than the product of someone's imagination?
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Do that trick again. The one where you pull your dick out of your pants and pitot into my mouth.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66739
Jan 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

It's that the best you can do? Steal excerpts from comments not your own and reword others? You're just taking up space on this forun. Why don't you do the world a favor and crawl back into that hemorroid you came from?

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66740
Jan 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Hmm let's see. Lame dodge attempt with an even lamer ad hom. I mean you are so upset and trembling that post wasn't even in English. I think ou meant to bray is that the best you can do? And the errors just keep coming after that.

Another day of ineptitude and still the theists are unable to answer my question, why should anyone accept god as anything more than a product of someone's vivid imagination?

Let the nothing continue from the theists who can't even differentiate the difference between god and their imagination!
BBSting wrote:
It's that the best you can do? Steal excerpts from comments not your own and reword others? You're just taking up space on this forun. Why don't you do the world a favor and crawl back into that hemorroid you came from?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 64,021 - 64,040 of70,904
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Islam wins the battle of P.C. causes 7 min Amused 2
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 min number four 216,721
'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma (Jul '13) 24 min Atheist Silurist 7,040
Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not ... (Sep '13) 30 min Thinking 2,988
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... 31 min Thinking 1,064
Introducing The Universal Religion 1 hr NightSerf 562
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr DonPanic 20,819
•••
•••
•••
•••