Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,659

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Read more
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#67045 Jan 15, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Name these eye witness accounts give the names of the actual people and show proof that they themselves wrote it. What's that? Oh right you can't.
Your mythical god can do anything in his book of myths that's what fiction does.
<quoted text>
What kind of proof is needed to show if a person was an eyewitness to an ancient event? For example it is written that Nero burned Rome and claimed that that it was the Christians that did it. How would you prove this to be true? Who were the eyewitnesses that saw Nero burn Rome? Give me some names.
Lincoln

United States

#67046 Jan 15, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
I can understand that. This is not the kind of thing that happens everyday. You cannot account for the beginnings of Christianity and the church without these 2 events. Many have tried to disprove the resurrection for the past 2000 years and all have failed.
proof, disprove, it comes down to faith

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#67047 Jan 15, 2013
Bandwagon fallacy again? Do you have anything else dipsh!t?

Stop humiliating yourself.
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians seem popular, atheists not so much.
Myth of atheism as a growing religion, 18% claim seems a joke.

Chicago, IL

#67048 Jan 15, 2013
Get your nothing out of here! Another day I ask the question and another day of ineptitude from the believers. Why should anyone believe god is anything more than a product of your imagination?

Stump a theist ask why you should believe!
John wrote:
The reasonable assumption Drew is that you would have evidence that meets your criteria in this arena. Nothing reasonable about a liberal atheist. This is your forum.
Lincoln

United States

#67049 Jan 15, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Get your nothing out of here! Another day I ask the question and another day of ineptitude from the believers. Why should anyone believe God is anything more than a product of your imagination?

<quoted text>
Are You still frustrated by the low percentage of atheists in America?

Lexington, KY

#67050 Jan 15, 2013
You are employing special pleading and circular arguing logical fallacies. You admit you have have a bias but that admission doesn't excuse your logical fallacies it only points out the obvious.

Are you low functioning? You certainly are not up to the task of arguing without logical fallacies.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Givemeliberty
No. It is my definition of God, and is the bias from which I base my argument.
If you have no definition of God, then we are left to assumptions. I am not arguing that God is an assumption. But because you have no definition, therefore you are assuming there is no God. Thus, you are defining God to be Logic. Thus if God is Logic, then God exists because Logic exists....
Please reread, as I stated the definition of God....

Lexington, KY

#67051 Jan 15, 2013
Wow you love you some special pleading! Well since that I your favorite logical fallacy explain how we even have the concept or notion of god? If he is totally outside the observable how did the notion of there being a god even arise?
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Drew Smith
It is an assumption of empiricism, and the Laws of Cause and Effect. But this assumption breaks down on the quantum level....For me, God is bigger(outside of) than empiricism. God Created Creation.
If God Created Creation, which includes quantum mechanics(as we understand it...., which is only in its infancy in our tiny human minds), then it is not reasonable to assume that existing things leave behind evidence of their existence.( Example: On the quantum level observing an electron, it is many places at one time. Therefore, how could one empirically observe it. Quantum mechanics says you can't.)
Another simpler way to put it is this:
What you are saying is that one sees(empirically) a mountain.(One sees evidence.) But if one does not see the mountain, there are reasons. First it may be to far to see. Second there may be something wrong with the eye(blindness). Thirdly, there may be an obstruction between the eye and the mountain.
Therefore merely using empirical data as evidence is not reasonable.

Lexington, KY

#67052 Jan 15, 2013
Nero didn't burn Rome this was a Christian apologetic lie as historians have clearly shown. Again you claimed there are all these contemporary eye witnesses to Jesus so stop stalling and name them and show their writings or documentation already.
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of proof is needed to show if a person was an eyewitness to an ancient event? For example it is written that Nero burned Rome and claimed that that it was the Christians that did it. How would you prove this to be true? Who were the eyewitnesses that saw Nero burn Rome? Give me some names.

Lexington, KY

#67053 Jan 15, 2013
Are you frustrated that the only argument your feeble brain can muster is the bandwagon fallacy? As mom would say, if everyone was jumping off a cliff with no safety measures would you do it to?

Yes your mom beat that argument when you was a child. And that's the best you have? Let me know when you can do better.
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Are You still frustrated by the low percentage of atheists in America?
Lincoln

United States

#67054 Jan 15, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Are you frustrated that the only argument your feeble brain can muster is the bandwagon fallacy? As mom would say, if everyone was jumping off a cliff with no safety measures would you do it to?
Yes your mom beat that argument when you was a child. And that's the best you have? Let me know when you can do better.
<quoted text>
Atheism forum seems to frustrate you with the poor performance of atheists in contemporary US?

The extant manuscripts of the writings of the 1st century Romano-Jewish
historian Flavius Josephus include references to Jesus and the origins of Christianity

Lexington, KY

#67057 Jan 16, 2013
The Jesus line in Josephus is a Christian forgery not found in his earlier copies of the work.

Care to try again my feeble minded peon?
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism forum seems to frustrate you with the poor performance of atheists in contemporary US?
historian Flavius Josephus include references to Jesus and the origins of Christianity

Lexington, KY

#67058 Jan 16, 2013
And just for laughs Josephus mentions Hercules over a dozen times on his work and Hercules appears in even the oldest copies of antiquities.

I guess the god Hercules must exist then since the Christholes love bringing up Josephus so much.

Ok still waiting for these contemporaries of Jesus to appear with their writings about actually meeting him. Any century now peon.

Zzzzzzzzz
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#67059 Jan 16, 2013
I believe you're a tosser.
John wrote:
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#67060 Jan 16, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry that you have no proof of god and hate atheists for having a lack of belief. Maybe you can go educate yourself instead of being a pr*ck on this forum?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#67061 Jan 16, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have any proof of god. To be clear - the resurrection - a human being coming back to life after crucifixion & 3 days - biologically impossible.

This is why you sometimes find atheists laughing at your stupidity.
Lincoln

United States

#67062 Jan 16, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry that you have no proof of God and hate atheists for having a lack of belief..........
So Does the President of the United States add "so help me God"? to the oath.
There is no God anywhere in the universe by any definitions :-)
Prove it !

Chicago, IL

#67063 Jan 16, 2013
All that chump has is appeal to authority and bandwagon fallacies with a dash of circular reasoning fallacy. Ask him a question and he runs like the brain dead loser he is.

Until he has something to offer the conversation it's time to flush that turd.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry that you have no proof of god and hate atheists for having a lack of belief. Maybe you can go educate yourself instead of being a pr*ck on this forum?
John

United States

#67064 Jan 16, 2013
John wrote:
Loving the attempts to rewrite history. Antitheists have no shame and will do whatever they wish to pursue their agenda. You won't find any evidence or even an attempt to engage in honest discussion.
Any tangential issue that keeps their nothing out of the equation will suffice. How often, does a sane person need to repeat they believe there is no evidence to support anything in this arena. We get it. That's not enough though. Nope, you want to marginalize believers and scurry away when pressed. Note. I have tirelessly offered to debate the evidences and reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position they make a case for. Don't forget your rules for evidence bigots. Not one taker in over three years. Exposed!
Kittie there is no point in discussing the evidences of a historical Jesus with lying bigots. We might as well have the same discussion on any number of historical figures that have much less evidence. Imhotep huh? How do you know its his body? His writing? Hearsay. Timeliness of accounts questionable,,,, whatever I choose.
Only zealots reject a historical Jesus. There is plenty of evidence from secular and non-Christian sources to satisfy all but a loon. Just because people tire of chasing whatever silliness you nothings throw out doesn't mean a thing. No point in engaging intellectually dishonest cowards.
I will remain on point. I know your kind hates that. I asked what you believe. You don't believe in Jesus. You don't believe in magic. You don't believe in Apple pie and Chevrolet. Great. I've never tried to convert a one of you. I simply want to know what you believe. You've been exposed, but please keep trotting out your nothing for me to laugh at.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
Stay on point bigots. Oh, what's your point again. Still no evidence in an atheism forum. Still no takers to debate something vs nothing. You loons are marginalized and ridiculed not because you don't believe, but because of lying, obfuscation, and intellectual dishonesty. You spend your days fighting a God you don't believe in. That's bizzare behavior. No guns for you Obama voters.
Lincoln

United States

#67066 Jan 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
has is appeal to authority and bandwagon fallacies with a dash of circular reasoning fallacy. Ask him a question and he runs like the brain dead loser he is.

<quoted text>
So you can't defend atheism?
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#67067 Jan 16, 2013
Why?
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can't defend atheism?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 18 min EdSed 6,411
News The Consequences of Atheism 30 min ChristineM 1,112
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 58 min ChristineM 236,843
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr One way or another 17,956
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 3 hr thetruth 9,243
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 6 hr DebraE 14,498
News Confessions of a black atheist 8 hr Samoan Irish 9
More from around the web