Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,983

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Full Story
postscriptt

Placitas, NM

#66645 Jan 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, scientific claims are backed by evidence. Ignoring the evidence doesn't make it go away, that only works for gods.
Really? What evidence does science have that supports the notion that something comes from nothing?
postscriptt

Placitas, NM

#66646 Jan 4, 2013
Drew Smith wrote:
Until you notice that there is no evidence for the existence of a "god".
<quoted text>
If I don't perceive it, then why would I have any reason to believe that there is evidence?
You wouldn't of course, but others who do perceive that evidence would have reason to believe a god exists.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#66647 Jan 4, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no topic. The forum is about nothing and completely reliant on others to have a voice. Most of you loons voted for this trainwreck so I don't have a problem reminding you of your idiocy on that front either.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
The topic is:
"Atheists on the march in America".

Now, let's debate.
1. If god exists, there is evidence of his existence.
2. There is no evidence of his existence.
3. God does not exist.

Stump John! Ask him to debate.
Well, maybe one day his balls will drop, and he'll debate.
"Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding." - Betty White
postscriptt

Placitas, NM

#66648 Jan 4, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Stop trying to change the subject. Why should anyone accept god as anything more than the product of someone's vivid imagination?
<quoted text>
Do you accept the idea that the big bang was a random ocurrence?
Lincoln

United States

#66649 Jan 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, if that was the case then why do scientists out the frauds so willingly? Even before being asked they will publish reports of the frauds. If what you said was true, they would never want people know of the frauds simply out of fear of being outed themselves.
Yes, agree!, a good point !

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#66650 Jan 4, 2013
postscriptt wrote:
You wouldn't of course, but others who do perceive that evidence would have reason to believe a god exists.
If the evidence was not objective, then exactly how would they go about ruling out the idea that they had imagined the evidence?

Since: Mar 11

United States

#66651 Jan 4, 2013
Now you're just stalling pussyassbitch. Your question is completely irrelevant in relation to mine. So again coward, why should anyone accept god as anything more than the product of someone's vivid imagination?
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
postscriptt

Placitas, NM

#66652 Jan 4, 2013
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
If the evidence was not objective, then exactly how would they go about ruling out the idea that they had imagined the evidence?
Aside from the fact that design in nature (specified complexity) necessitates a designer - billions of people believe a god(s) exist.
postscriptt

Placitas, NM

#66653 Jan 4, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Now you're just stalling pussyassbitch. Your question is completely irrelevant in relation to mine. So again coward, why should anyone accept god as anything more than the product of someone's vivid imagination?
<quoted text>
In other words, Mr. Gump, you refuse to answer the question.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#66654 Jan 4, 2013
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? What evidence does science have that supports the notion that something comes from nothing?
Well, we're here, aren't we? Our very existence is proof that something had to come from nothing somehow. The how is the question, you avoid the question with a non-answer, I'd rather wait until someone has a real answer before even considering it valid.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#66655 Jan 4, 2013
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not? What we perceive as random rarely is, just because we don't know all the variables doesn't mean it was ever truly random. Rolling the dice is not random, we just cannot calculate all the factors, so we perceive it as random. Your mindset is so limited you cannot even accept this, to you even drawing a card from a deck is random.

There is a principle, a law actually, in probability that states the more often your make the prediction without even knowing the variables, your probability of making a correct prediction increases, simply by changing your prediction after eliminating one possibility. It's a very well understood law actually, and proves that nothing is truly random.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#66656 Jan 4, 2013
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain.
A pattern generated by completely natural means will always be matched up by the observer's mind to some commonplace image, either imaginary or real, as a means of compression in the memory system. It's why you can remember anything at all, actually. Without it your brain would run out of space by about 20 years of age. This is also why we experience "de ja vue," which is really the mind skipping the process of recording an event that was similar enough to a past event the two seem identical. It's also the same effect we see in hallucinations, the mind reproduces the same "solid" images that it knows which closely match the random visual and auditory input, thus pink elephants when your visual nerves are seeing blood soaked, and virtually random, images from the alcohol or illness.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#66657 Jan 4, 2013
Your question is irrelevant to mine I mean do you have A.D.D. Or something? But for laughs you answer my question that you keep cowering away from and I will answer your irrelevant off topic question, fair enough?

Now yet again. Why should anyone accept god as anything other than a product of someone's vivid imagination?
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, Mr. Gump, you refuse to answer the question.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#66658 Jan 4, 2013
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called confirmation bias, the same reason that "common sense" is not considered valid evidence in scientific research. It is the exact same notion that leads to monsters under the bed or in the closet, actually. A throwback to the time we first climbed from the trees, the instinct served us then, preventing us from entering shadows we could not see or venturing too close to the edge of a cliff, but now it's simply in the way.
postscriptt

Placitas, NM

#66659 Jan 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we're here, aren't we? Our very existence is proof that something had to come from nothing somehow. The how is the question, you avoid the question with a non-answer, I'd rather wait until someone has a real answer before even considering it valid.
Yet another ridiculous assertion from the stupid gallery. Our existence is proof of no such thing! Every effect has a cause (principle of causality). Everything that begins has a cause except the big bang and Darwin's evolution. You would rather fall on a sword than admit that these scientific ideas are conspicuously flawed.
postscriptt

Placitas, NM

#66660 Jan 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
A pattern generated by completely natural means will always be matched up by the observer's mind to some commonplace image, either imaginary or real, as a means of compression in the memory system. It's why you can remember anything at all, actually. Without it your brain would run out of space by about 20 years of age. This is also why we experience "de ja vue," which is really the mind skipping the process of recording an event that was similar enough to a past event the two seem identical. It's also the same effect we see in hallucinations, the mind reproduces the same "solid" images that it knows which closely match the random visual and auditory input, thus pink elephants when your visual nerves are seeing blood soaked, and virtually random, images from the alcohol or illness.
Do you moonlight as a televangelist? Your logic is comparable. LOL!
postscriptt

Placitas, NM

#66661 Jan 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called confirmation bias, the same reason that "common sense" is not considered valid evidence in scientific research. It is the exact same notion that leads to monsters under the bed or in the closet, actually. A throwback to the time we first climbed from the trees, the instinct served us then, preventing us from entering shadows we could not see or venturing too close to the edge of a cliff, but now it's simply in the way.
The lack of common sense in scientific research would explain why something can come from nothing and dead matter creates life.
postscriptt

Placitas, NM

#66662 Jan 4, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Your question is irrelevant to mine I mean do you have A.D.D. Or something? But for laughs you answer my question that you keep cowering away from and I will answer your irrelevant off topic question, fair enough?
Now yet again. Why should anyone accept god as anything other than a product of someone's vivid imagination?
<quoted text>
Anything logical would be irrelevant to an ape-man. You have the IQ of lint. You prove it every time you post a comment. You'd be out of your depth in a parking lot puddle.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#66663 Jan 4, 2013
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet another ridiculous assertion from the stupid gallery. Our existence is proof of no such thing! Every effect has a cause (principle of causality). Everything that begins has a cause except the big bang and Darwin's evolution. You would rather fall on a sword than admit that these scientific ideas are conspicuously flawed.
Not everything has a cause though. Effects and things are two different ... well things.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#66664 Jan 4, 2013
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
The lack of common sense in scientific research would explain why something can come from nothing and dead matter creates life.
So then why do you have a myth that states the same thing, only you don't present even a possible method of how it happens?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 22 min KiMare 233,158
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr _Bad Company 23,267
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 2 hr Morse 5,951
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 2 hr RayOne 2,621
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 4 hr SnuffAGlobalisst 23
Atheism: On the Rise? (Jan '13) 8 hr Dee 41
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 8 hr _Bad Company 1,458
More from around the web