Atheists on the march in America

There are 70657 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#66965 Jan 13, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Except you haven't Rose. Provide any accountable position of belief that meets the evidentiary standards you hold others to. You, seriously don't expect me to debate nothing or whichever ridiculous assertion of the day you throw out?
Get your nothing out of here!
Here is my accountable position. Again.
1. If god exists, there is evidence of his existence.
2. There is no evidence of his existence.
3. There is no god.

No matter how many times I post my accountable position, and ask you to debate, you won't.
I ask you, let's start with point 1.
OK?
Do you agree or not?
You won't answer. I know that, as does anybody who has followed this forum for more than 2 days. I just want new comers to see how you dodge.

Stump John, ask him to debate.
sickofit

Blooming Prairie, MN

#66966 Jan 13, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
A New York public school teacher who advised a school Bible Study club has filed a civil rights lawsuit against her school district after she was forced to remove all religious content from her classroom.
Interesting
GOOD religion doesnt belong in a place of education...Myths and cults dont belong around young minds.
Lincoln

United States

#66967 Jan 13, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
GOOD religion doesnt belong in a place of education...Myths and cults don't belong around young minds.
With the I-pad, and I-phone, the web ...does not much matter.
Information is free and available in an instant.
Classes going on line
sickofit

Blooming Prairie, MN

#66968 Jan 13, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
With the I-pad, and I-phone, the web ...does not much matter.
Information is free and available in an instant.
Classes going on line
As long as it is kept out of school....No place for cults.
John

United States

#66969 Jan 13, 2013
That's disbelief Rose. We spent about a year covering that. Slow learner or bigot that needs a God you don't believe in to have a voice. I guess you don't have any accountable position of belief in this arena. Keep attacking believers specifically among the thousands of other things you don't believe.

If Rose had a conscience there would be evidence of one.
There is no evidence Rose has a conscience.
Rose has no conscience.

Your nothing cult is ridiculous. I expect nonsense from Obama voters like yourself.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#66970 Jan 13, 2013
Non sequiturs.
John wrote:
That's disbelief Rose. We spent about a year covering that. Slow learner or bigot that needs a God you don't believe in to have a voice. I guess you don't have any accountable position of belief in this arena. Keep attacking believers specifically among the thousands of other things you don't believe.
If Rose had a conscience there would be evidence of one.
There is no evidence Rose has a conscience.
Rose has no conscience.
Your nothing cult is ridiculous. I expect nonsense from Obama voters like yourself.
Lincoln

United States

#66971 Jan 13, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as it is kept out of school....No place for cults.
Christianity in the US is powerful.
Easter and Christmas breaks in public school.
Bible clubs quite legal under First Amendment.

It is uncertain how many Presidents used a Bible or added the words "So help me
God" at the end of the oath. FDR did for the 4th time.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#66972 Jan 13, 2013
Again, John, atheism isn't a claim. Therefore, it needs no evidence.
Where is *your* evidence, John? Or are you withdrawing your claim?
John wrote:
Spot on Wrathbone. You need a forum to cite a nonclaim over and over and over again
So you think that the only purpose of a Topix forum is to cite claims?

Where did you get that idea?

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#66973 Jan 13, 2013
John wrote:
That's disbelief Rose. We spent about a year covering that. Slow learner or bigot that needs a God you don't believe in to have a voice. I guess you don't have any accountable position of belief in this arena. Keep attacking believers specifically among the thousands of other things you don't believe.
If Rose had a conscience there would be evidence of one.
There is no evidence Rose has a conscience.
Rose has no conscience.
Your nothing cult is ridiculous. I expect nonsense from Obama voters like yourself.
See what I mean? John won't debate. I asked him if he agreed with my first statement, "If god exists, there is evidence of his existence" but he won't answer, he just copy/pastes this same post.

Stump John, ask him to debate.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#66974 Jan 13, 2013
Another day I ask my question and another day the theists like John run away creaming with urine runnin down their cowardly leg!

Get your nothing out of here losers!

Why should anyone accept god as anything more than a product of someone's imagination?

Stump a theist ask why they believe!

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#66976 Jan 14, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That is inaccurate. It is human nature, and all animals really, to be species-centric. "Self" centered is actually opposing nature and our social traits.
I didn't say that it was human nature to be completely self centered. Mostly self centered would be more accurate.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#66977 Jan 14, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No way, goth is about "not conforming" and an organized religion is the ultimate in conformity. Now way they'd recruit true goths.
Is that why they all shop at HotTopic?

Since: Mar 11

United States

#66978 Jan 14, 2013
Lol :))
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Is that why they all shop at HotTopic?
John

United States

#66979 Jan 14, 2013
Clap, clap, clap. Drew brings nothing. Liberty flatters me with imitation. Rose brings disbelief and tries to act as if I won't debate. Of course, all three ducked have no evidence. All three have no relevant, intellectually honest answers. Since 2009 these bigots have fought in the cowardly fashion you would expect of Obama voting progressives.
Lincoln

United States

#66980 Jan 14, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't say that it was human nature to be completely self centered. Mostly self centered would be more accurate.
"Self centered people may be more at risk for Alzheimer's?" N Y Times
Self centered often reject the outside world and look to themselves as the Pinnacle of authority

Bilingual people suffer less from Alzheimer - N Y Times
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#66981 Jan 14, 2013
"Progressive" is a positive word.
John wrote:
Clap, clap, clap. Drew brings nothing. Liberty flatters me with imitation. Rose brings disbelief and tries to act as if I won't debate. Of course, all three ducked have no evidence. All three have no relevant, intellectually honest answers. Since 2009 these bigots have fought in the cowardly fashion you would expect of Obama voting progressives.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#66982 Jan 14, 2013
You still are unable to answer my question. Get your no IQ out of here! Why should anyone believe god is anything more than your imagination?

Stump a believer ask why you should believe!
John wrote:
Clap, clap, clap. Drew brings nothing. Liberty flatters me with imitation. Rose brings disbelief and tries to act as if I won't debate. Of course, all three ducked have no evidence. All three have no relevant, intellectually honest answers. Since 2009 these bigots have fought in the cowardly fashion you would expect of Obama voting progressives.
John

United States

#66983 Jan 14, 2013
This is an atheism forum. You try answering some questions. Your nothing is so ridiculous you have to steer the narrative. Why can't you defend your antitheism with evidence, logic, or rationality?

Do you have an example of evidence that meets your own criteria? No

Do you have a logical, evidence based way to quantify possibilities? For instance, rank the following from most to least likely: prime mover, always was, something from nothing.

You just seek to marginalize believers. It has nothing to do with evidence.

I graciously offered to debate the evidences and reasons I believe a prime mover is the most logical position to take. I simply require an accountable position you are willing to articulate. This offer is only in response to your childish forums attacks. When you have nothing attack something else huh? My something obviously scares you on a number of levels.

Get your nothing out of here!
John

United States

#66984 Jan 14, 2013
Thinking wrote:
"Progressive" is a positive word.
<quoted text>
It could be in a different context. Same as liberal. I expect another name change soon. Rebranding is necessary for advocates of these failed political ideologies.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#66985 Jan 14, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is my accountable position. Again.
1. If god exists, there is evidence of his existence.
2. There is no evidence of his existence.
3. There is no god.
No matter how many times I post my accountable position, and ask you to debate, you won't.
I ask you, let's start with point 1.
OK?
Do you agree or not?
You won't answer. I know that, as does anybody who has followed this forum for more than 2 days. I just want new comers to see how you dodge.
Stump John, ask him to debate.
What would count for evidence for the existence of God?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Uncle Sam 239,053
News Phil Robertson talks against Atheists 5 hr thetruth 101
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 6 hr thetruth 7,272
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 6 hr thetruth 7,448
why Atheists believe in incest,pedophilia and b... Thu thetruth 29
News .com | What hope is there without God? May 20 Kaitlin the Wolf ... 26
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) May 20 thetruth 2,171
More from around the web