Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,983

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Full Story

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#66603 Jan 3, 2013
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
You confuse knowledge with science's fictions. You will never find "truth" in an image of it.
Reality doesn't deal in truth, that is a completely social structure.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#66604 Jan 3, 2013
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who denies self evidence is disconnected from himself. Know the world in yourself, never look for yourself in the world.
Still dodging the burden of proof.
postscriptt

Placitas, NM

#66605 Jan 3, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality doesn't deal in truth, that is a completely social structure.
Constructed in the main by science's fictions.
postscriptt

Placitas, NM

#66606 Jan 3, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Still dodging the burden of proof.
Knowledge that is self evident doesn't require proof, it requires a focus inward. It doesn't take high priced scientific equipment and a bevy of experts - it takes silence and concentration. When are you going to start? What are you afraid of - the truth?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#66607 Jan 3, 2013
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Science's fictions. What price do you pay for believing these hypothetical myths?
No God created you. You are nothing more than the flotsam of random chemical combinations washed up from a stagnant pool of dead matter eons ago. A bio-mechanism tossed out into the centuries with no connection to the cosmos, or even the earth - the only home you have. You were born for no reason in a universe created by chance. No wonder you don't feel the divine grace of your own being or that of others!
Though you tend to life's daily fires - methodically gathering the fruits of your labor, whatever joys, triumphs and knowledge you accumulate is only temporary. Whatever endearing loves you experience are destined to last only a brief time. For in the end it is all taken from you. Nothing learned or felt will be left of your physical experience, nothing left but the smoldering ashes of your funeral pyre. You have nothing to live for - no dreams or promises of greater things beyond your physical prison, and so you lash out at people who do believe. You're like a tragic figure, trudging reluctantly towards your own annihilation. What a collection of eqregious and psychologically damaging myths to believe! Within this bleak and sterile view of reality, if you took your life tomorrow it wouldn't matter. I wonder why you don't?
So no proof of god then, thanks lying creationist scum. I bet your next post also has no proof of god either. Takes your philosophical bullsh*t elsewhere, we live in the real world here.

Location hidden

#66608 Jan 3, 2013
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Knowledge that is self evident doesn't require proof, it requires a focus inward. It doesn't take high priced scientific equipment and a bevy of experts - it takes silence and concentration. When are you going to start? What are you afraid of - the truth?
So no proof of god then.

If god is real may he strike me down this second.

Too bad, I'm still ok and there's no such thing as god.

Location hidden

#66609 Jan 3, 2013
still absolutely fine, god isn't real. Point proven once again.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#66610 Jan 3, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
You would be wasting your time. The title the God Delusion says it all. In a hotel, a book written by a religious bigot would be used as toilet paper.
Yes, the title says it all. If you believe in god, you are deluded.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#66611 Jan 3, 2013
JohnInLa wrote:
Today’s special quizzie for obamaroids...
Why do you con dumbs bring up Obama's name in every forum?
(Didn't bother to read the rest of your post. I figured it was 100% off topic.)

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#66612 Jan 4, 2013
So what and/or who created your god, your intelligent designer, your prime mover wtf ever you call your delusion?
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Like explaining how something comes from nothing?

Since: Mar 11

United States

#66613 Jan 4, 2013
Yes the pages of the bible and Quran should be used as toilet paper and I have used both for that. Let me say pages from the Quran wipe the turd leftovers far superior than the leading holy bible brand. I wipe with the pages of both and this is my honest assessment. The bible making people need to step up the quality of the paper used for their book of myths or else the Quran will continue to be my holy book of choice to wipe with.

Christholes make great lanterns though! Just ask Nero who had his soldiers in pale Christian arsonists to a stake through their guts and then lit them on fire to give the workers light for the evening shift! So the criminals helped in their own way fix the damage they had created. Maybe as they burned slowly to death they sang.. This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine!

Now wouldn't that have been nice?
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
You would be wasting your time. The title the God Delusion says it all. In a hotel, a book written by a religious bigot would be used as toilet paper.

Location hidden

#66614 Jan 4, 2013
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Science's fictions. What price do you pay for believing these hypothetical myths?
No God created you. You are nothing more than the flotsam of random chemical combinations washed up from a stagnant pool of dead matter eons ago. A bio-mechanism tossed out into the centuries with no connection to the cosmos, or even the earth - the only home you have. You were born for no reason in a universe created by chance. No wonder you don't feel the divine grace of your own being or that of others!
Though you tend to life's daily fires - methodically gathering the fruits of your labor, whatever joys, triumphs and knowledge you accumulate is only temporary. Whatever endearing loves you experience are destined to last only a brief time. For in the end it is all taken from you. Nothing learned or felt will be left of your physical experience, nothing left but the smoldering ashes of your funeral pyre. You have nothing to live for - no dreams or promises of greater things beyond your physical prison, and so you lash out at people who do believe. You're like a tragic figure, trudging reluctantly towards your own annihilation. What a collection of eqregious and psychologically damaging myths to believe! Within this bleak and sterile view of reality, if you took your life tomorrow it wouldn't matter. I wonder why you don't?
Keep repeating your ridiculous religious horsesh*t it has no effect on someone who does't hallucinate a god...

I think you know that god isn't real, you post these lies and propoganda to convince yourself...

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#66615 Jan 4, 2013
postscriptt wrote:
As I have already stated, before anything is, it is first thought.
False.
All possible physical materializations of consciousness exist first in the mental universe - the inner reality.
False.
Physical matter flows outward from the center of this vast gestalt of awareized energy of which we are a part. Ideas are alive and creative and they belong to consciousness. Our world came into being in much the same way an idea does. It expands the same way that any idea does. I am not talking about imagination or hallucinations, but a realm of thoughts, of mental actions out of which all realities emerge. Consciousness is no more trapped within this particular earth reality than it is trapped in our physical brains. This earth, like the self you are familiar with, is but one materialization of an inner organization of consciousness. Nothing exists isolated and alone - everything is interrelated. Other earths coexist with this one, and they are in one way or another connected in much the same way our multidimensional selves are connected. Each one carries hints and clues about the others. In terms of the science fictions you know and love, there was no evolution in linear terms but vast expansions of consciousness - of idea constructs - of capacities unfolding on the parts of all species, and these still continue.
Life is an eternal course of action. Your physical experience is a combination of subjective events interlaced with objective acts. Your prosaic beliefs about reality can become impediments to your personal growth and development however, rather than doors to enlightenment. Your flat view of reality is the result of relying too heavily on your physical senses. Perhaps putting it simply will make a dent. I don't interact with you. I interact with my "perception" of you. Physical reality doesn't exist outside of me or you. It is a reflecttion of what exists inside of us. It is an illusion, a physical glass mirror. When you see your reflection in the mirror you know it's not you. You know it's a reflection. When you see the reflection frowning and want it to smile, you dont walk over to the mirror and try to force the reflection to smile. You know you have to smile first. Science, will never have the answers because it is focused on the image in the glass mirror and not on the "source" of that image.
After looking within, I find it self-evident that this is all BS.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#66616 Jan 4, 2013
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
After looking within, I find it self-evident that this is wrong.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#66617 Jan 4, 2013
postscriptt wrote:
On the contrary, like the glow of a candle, I have meaning in what I can do here and now. That the candle will eventually blow out is a fact, but doesn't detract from the meaning of now.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#66618 Jan 4, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep repeating your ridiculous religious horsesh*t it has no effect on someone who does't hallucinate a god...
I think you know that god isn't real, you post these lies and propoganda to convince yourself...
PS strikes me as someone that took way too much LSD while reading 'Be Here Now' and believed the resulting religious experience. Hopefully the effects will wear off.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#66619 Jan 4, 2013
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing is "self evident," as I pointed out to you. That is just a cop-out, an excuse, a way to tell anyone who disagrees with you, in spite of them having all the actual evidence supporting their assertions, that they are wrong, and only idiots, I mean die hard, total buffoons, think that can actually serve as evidence for anything.

Imagine if a physicist said that quantum theory is self evident. Or if electricity was just called "self evident?" We'd never have computers.
postscriptt

Placitas, NM

#66620 Jan 4, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
So no proof of god then, thanks lying creationist scum. I bet your next post also has no proof of god either. Takes your philosophical bullsh*t elsewhere, we live in the real world here.
Faith's fool! Anything but that, eh?. Yet you demonstrate repeatedly on this forum that you are science's fool displaying a faith in science's myths as real any Christian's faith in God. You are not only a morally bankrupt religious bigot, but a despicable hypocrite.
postscriptt

Placitas, NM

#66621 Jan 4, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
On the contrary, like the glow of a candle, I have meaning in what I can do here and now. That the candle will eventually blow out is a fact, but doesn't detract from the meaning of now.
Science deals with objectification and the division of subject and object, perceiver and the perceived. The transcendental experience involves emotional identification - the exact opposite of separation and alienation.

Without evidence you readily accept the lie that life is nothing more than a preparation for extinction. But let someone disagree and you demand proof while at the same time believing a lie. You don't want evidence - you want signs and wonders. You want bird corpses to pick themselves up and fly again, not once but often enough so you can be really sure. You want the dead to speak yet you don't even know how you speak - where language comes from and how it manifests as speech.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#66622 Jan 4, 2013
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Science deals with objectification and the division of subject and object, perceiver and the perceived. The transcendental experience involves emotional identification - the exact opposite of separation and alienation.
Without evidence you readily accept the lie that life is nothing more than a preparation for extinction. But let someone disagree and you demand proof while at the same time believing a lie. You don't want evidence - you want signs and wonders. You want bird corpses to pick themselves up and fly again, not once but often enough so you can be really sure. You want the dead to speak yet you don't even know how you speak - where language comes from and how it manifests as speech.
Nice fancy fairy tales, do you have any evidence regarding them? All we're asking for is the evidence so we can see for ourselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min CunningLinguist 227,376
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 12 min Does not Compute 22,019
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 21 min Patrick 180
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 1 hr Patrick 41
Stump a theist with 2 questions 5 hr Thinking 15
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 6 hr Thinking 69
The Ultimate Evidence of God 13 hr sriKim 120
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••