Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Read more: TurkishPress.com 70,659

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Read more
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#66900 Jan 11, 2013
I think you'll find theists say some pretty irrational things here.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#66902 Jan 11, 2013
sarafina wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing defines atheists better than their willingness to say irrational things in defense of their disbelief.
How so????
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#66903 Jan 11, 2013
Websters? Merriam? OED? Collins? No- none of them say that.

Maybe you looked up "priest kiddyfiddlers" by accident.
sarafina wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing defines atheists better than their willingness to say irrational things in defense of their disbelief.
tagit

UK

#66904 Jan 11, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
How so????
Forums supporting atheism are revealing to say the least. They demonstrate with every sniggering bigoted post how atheists suffer from their own bad PR. LOL!
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#66905 Jan 11, 2013
tagit wrote:
<quoted text>
Forums supporting atheism are revealing to say the least. They demonstrate with every sniggering bigoted post how atheists suffer from their own bad PR. LOL!
WHAT?????????? Atheist dont suffer anything but the vile cruel attacks by religous nazi freaks spew out...

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#66906 Jan 11, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning!
The Bible, New Revised Standard, may be the best, is contradictory. Handed down in oral tradition for a century or more?
Historical research is frustrating, so much in lost.
Life may be frustrating for secularists in the US. The country is religious and prayer in school may be in place in rural areas.
-
Are most atheists actually agnostics?
How can one know that God does not exist?
Peace!
Any particular claim can be verified, if there is evidence then the evidence can be tested, if there is no evidence it is safe, and sane, to assume it is nothing but mythology.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#66907 Jan 11, 2013
Their numbers would skyrocket amongst young goth kids if they would embrace their zombie vampire side. It seems like a good marketing strategy.
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. Its funny how Christians never want to talk about zombies. They never want to talk about cannibalism and vampirism. Hmm, I wonder why!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#66908 Jan 11, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Their numbers would skyrocket amongst young goth kids if they would embrace their zombie vampire side. It seems like a good marketing strategy.
<quoted text>
No way, goth is about "not conforming" and an organized religion is the ultimate in conformity. Now way they'd recruit true goths.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#66909 Jan 11, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning!
The Bible, New Revised Standard, may be the best, is contradictory. Handed down in oral tradition for a century or more?
Historical research is frustrating, so much in lost.
Life may be frustrating for secularists in the US. The country is religious and prayer in school may be in place in rural areas.
-
Are most atheists actually agnostics?
How can one know that God does not exist?
Peace!
Since there is no evidence god exists, why even consider the possibility that he does?
Lincoln

United States

#66910 Jan 11, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Any particular claim can be verified, if there is evidence then the evidence can be tested, if there is no evidence it is safe, and sane, to assume it is nothing but mythology.
Grad student in history NYU.
Use evidence for World War II research.
Your opinions noted and respected.
You seem one of the best on the thread

“I'm out hunting”

Since: Jan 10

For your mind and soul

#66911 Jan 11, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing is "self evident," as I pointed out to you. That is just a cop-out, an excuse, a way to tell anyone who disagrees with you, in spite of them having all the actual evidence supporting their assertions, that they are wrong, and only idiots, I mean die hard, total buffoons, think that can actually serve as evidence for anything.
Imagine if a physicist said that quantum theory is self evident. Or if electricity was just called "self evident?" We'd never have computers.
Exactly. They cannot prove their claims so they would rather just cite themselves as proof of those claims.

United States

#66912 Jan 12, 2013
What if we made Ozzy the Pope?:)
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No way, goth is about "not conforming" and an organized religion is the ultimate in conformity. Now way they'd recruit true goths.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#66913 Jan 12, 2013
And make him chief rabbi too.
No more "shalom", lots more "SHARON????!!!!"
Givemeliberty wrote:
What if we made Ozzy the Pope?:)
<quoted text>
Lincoln

United States

#66914 Jan 12, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. They cannot prove their claims so they would rather just cite themselves as proof of those claims.
Greater the claim
the greater the evidence nede.

Do you feel the US will ever become a secular nation?
Lincoln

United States

#66915 Jan 12, 2013
Greater the claim
the greater the evidence neded.
-

Lexington, KY

#66916 Jan 12, 2013
And crazy train would be the hymn :)
Thinking wrote:
And make him chief rabbi too.
No more "shalom", lots more "SHARON????!!!!"
<quoted text>

Lexington, KY

#66917 Jan 12, 2013
Which is why we need extraordinary evidence for the extraordinary claim of god.

Want to discuss the US going secular over a stack of foreclosed church deeds?:) They are closing at an all time high rate and are dirt cheap :)
Lincoln wrote:
Greater the claim
the greater the evidence neded.
-
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#66918 Jan 12, 2013
Not a role model though. Sharon used to come into our local florists with very large sunglasses to cover her bruises.:(
Givemeliberty wrote:
And crazy train would be the hymn :)
<quoted text>
Lincoln

United States

#66919 Jan 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Which is why we need extraordinary evidence for the extraordinary claim of God.
Want to discuss the US going secular over a stack of foreclosed church deeds?:) They are closing at an all time high rate and are dirt cheap :)
<quoted text>
Easter Holiday approaching with all US Public School closing for a week to observe this.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#66920 Jan 12, 2013
I like easter because in the UK we get the Friday and Monday off work but won't be going near a church. In fact very few in the UK go to church but we still get the two days off. Result!
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Easter Holiday approaching with all US Public School closing for a week to observe this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 2 hr James 14,565
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Uncle Sam 237,766
News Confessions of a black atheist 3 hr Savant 340
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr Dogen 18,495
The Ultimate Evidence of God (Mar '14) 3 hr James 153
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 9 hr thetruth 1,996
News Atheists open up: What they want you to know 9 hr thetruth 23
More from around the web