Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments
63,841 - 63,860 of 70,959 Comments Last updated Monday Jul 7

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Science prides itself on separating fact from religious fancy. Instead of delusions, it has given the world a practical picture of reality - a rational picture that has freed the human intellect from the leaden grip of magical myths.
In place of ancient fictions about beginnings, science says the universe was formed by chance from nothing. That dead matter gave rise to a rich and diverse range of mechanized biological forms, and the golden rule of life is survival of the fittest. Instead of fables about immortality, it tells us that one life is all we have; that life being the only game going in all of infinity. It's a game of no particular significance or value however since science tells us that the universe is slowly running down, its energy being dissipated and the whole works gradually disintegrating into chaos.
Science tells us that the human body is a machine with consciousness trapped inside and emotional truths just hallucinations - the result of erratic activity of neurons or chemicals. It says that illness comes from outside sources, from viruses and bacteria that cause our bodily mechanical parts to break down. By simply giving our machines an oil treatment (drugs) or some better parts - all is well in science's land-o-facts.
You have your woo, I have mine. The question is: Whose woo makes more sense?
I'm sorry that you have no proof of god, but please don't take it out on science. After all it is thanks to science that you are able to post this boat load of anti-science horsesh*t propoganda,( that probably came from the discovery institute which wants everyone to believe th eearth is 6000 years old and fossils not being "real"), so hundreds of people can see what a lying ignorant creationist tool you really are.
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you didn't just swallow the myth, you swallowed the entire collection. You think viruses don't cause illness? You think medicine doesn't help? I hope you never have children, such ignorance leads to child abuse.
In the U.S. children receive 35 vaccinations all told - 48 doses of 14 vaccines by the time they are just six years old. These vaccinations contain 113 different kinds of disease particles, 59 different chemicals, four types of animal cells/DNA from aborted fetal tissue and human albumin and there are 20 more vaccines currently in the Pharma pipeline and yet vaccine efficacy has never been proven! In fact, a common-sense study comparing the health outcomes of vaccinated vs. unvaccinated children has never been done in the U.S. to prove the safety and effectiveness of the childhood vaccine regime. THIS is child abuse.

http://vaccineresistancemovement.org/...

In England, Michel Odent, MD showed in two studies that children having received no Pertussis vaccine had 5-6 times less asthma than those who were vaccinated for it.

The rate of autism in the U.S. is now an unthinkable 1 in 100. Those who are unvaccinated boast numbers that run in shocking contrast to the nationís statistics i.e. the incredible absence of autism in the unvaccinated Amish communities of Pennsylvania and Ohio.

Two studies done in New Zealand in 1992 and 1995 show that the unvaccinated children clearly have less allergies, less otitis (ear aches), less tonsillitis, less running noses, less epilepsies and less ADHD.

In Japan (1975-1980), a decision was made to begin the first vaccinations at two years of age instead of at two months. The reason was that more and more was discovered linking vaccines and crib-death (SIDS).

http://www.vaccinationcouncil.org/2010/06/25/...

http://childhealthsafety.wordpress.com/2010/0...
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry that you have no proof of god, but please don't take it out on science. After all it is thanks to science that you are able to post this boat load of anti-science horsesh*t propoganda,( that probably came from the discovery institute which wants everyone to believe th eearth is 6000 years old and fossils not being "real"), so hundreds of people can see what a lying ignorant creationist tool you really are.
A specious argument used one time too many on this forum. Instead of parroting what has already been stated ad nauseam - try to be original. Think you can manage that?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
In the U.S. children receive 35 vaccinations all told - 48 doses of 14 vaccines by the time they are just six years old. These vaccinations contain 113 different kinds of disease particles, 59 different chemicals, four types of animal cells/DNA from aborted fetal tissue and human albumin and there are 20 more vaccines currently in the Pharma pipeline and yet vaccine efficacy has never been proven! In fact, a common-sense study comparing the health outcomes of vaccinated vs. unvaccinated children has never been done in the U.S. to prove the safety and effectiveness of the childhood vaccine regime. THIS is child abuse.
In England, Michel Odent, MD showed in two studies that children having received no Pertussis vaccine had 5-6 times less asthma than those who were vaccinated for it.
The rate of autism in the U.S. is now an unthinkable 1 in 100. Those who are unvaccinated boast numbers that run in shocking contrast to the nationís statistics i.e. the incredible absence of autism in the unvaccinated Amish communities of Pennsylvania and Ohio.
Two studies done in New Zealand in 1992 and 1995 show that the unvaccinated children clearly have less allergies, less otitis (ear aches), less tonsillitis, less running noses, less epilepsies and less ADHD.
In Japan (1975-1980), a decision was made to begin the first vaccinations at two years of age instead of at two months. The reason was that more and more was discovered linking vaccines and crib-death (SIDS).
Full of sh*t creationist with no morals. Posting anti-science propoganda because he's got no proof of god whatsover.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
You are superimposing your "human" perception of reality on a rock's reality. You are obviously not a rock, how could you know how they perceive reality?
This is officially the most retarded thing I've read today.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
My five senses tell me a rock is an object, but they can't tell me if it is aware.
Your five senses don't work correctly - it's why you have such difficulty with understanding science.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

http://www.badscience.net/

I recommend reading Bad Science, by Ben Goldacre.

(It probably won't help the superstitious, but its cogent and a good read)

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, that's what a vaccine is, it's a dead version of the virus. So of course it will contain the disease, that's how it works.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
A specious argument used one time too many on this forum. Instead of parroting what has already been stated ad nauseam - try to be original. Think you can manage that?
No, it's actually an assertion and one with gigabytes of evidence to support it, on this website alone. Tetrabytes likely on just the US servers.
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, that's what a vaccine is, it's a dead version of the virus. So of course it will contain the disease, that's how it works.
Why do you think science went to "killed" live viruses in the polio vaccine? Because the original version - the "live" virus version caused polio. The live virus vaccine was banned in the U.S. but dumped on third world countries.

New Delhi, Jan. 15: Indiaís health ministry, celebrating a year of freedom from wild polio, now faces a dilemma that public health experts had predicted years ago: the very vaccine it is using to fight polio is causing more polio paralysis than the wild poliovirus.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1120116/jsp/fro...

Science is a man made tool for fact finding, but it is by no means infallible. Any claims it makes should never be taken at face value but thoroughly investigated.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think science went to "killed" live viruses in the polio vaccine? Because the original version - the "live" virus version caused polio. The live virus vaccine was banned in the U.S. but dumped on third world countries.
New Delhi, Jan. 15: Indiaís health ministry, celebrating a year of freedom from wild polio, now faces a dilemma that public health experts had predicted years ago: the very vaccine it is using to fight polio is causing more polio paralysis than the wild poliovirus.
http://www.telegraphindia.com/1120116/jsp/fro...
Science is a man made tool for fact finding, but it is by no means infallible. Any claims it makes should never be taken at face value but thoroughly investigated.
Yes, and? Those governments are stupid for doing that.

Vaccines work by "training" the immune system to battle the live virus, the chemical receptors which the virus attaches to have to be blocked by an alternate chemical, so the immune system needs to know what chemicals to block, thus you inject a dead version of it and the body does just that. That's literally the only way to prevent viral illnesses from spreading, make the population immune to it.
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and? Those governments are stupid for doing that.
Vaccines work by "training" the immune system to battle the live virus, the chemical receptors which the virus attaches to have to be blocked by an alternate chemical, so the immune system needs to know what chemicals to block, thus you inject a dead version of it and the body does just that. That's literally the only way to prevent viral illnesses from spreading, make the population immune to it.
Like the U.S. was stupid enough to use Corexit (banned in other countries) on the Gulf oil spill? Government imbecility is not confined to third world countries obviously.

Training the immune system is the theory, but not the results. Because science considers the body to be no more than a machine, it wrongly assumes that the body can't tell the difference between a real virus and a counterfeit. The body develops an immunity against the counterfeit, not the real thing hence the continued presence of diseases presumably eradicated. If this isn't bad enought - the litany of chemicals found in vaccines cause other serious problems particularly for children - which is unconscionable to anybody with even a vestige of morality.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Like the U.S. was stupid enough to use Corexit (banned in other countries) on the Gulf oil spill? Government imbecility is not confined to third world countries obviously.
Training the immune system is the theory, but not the results. Because science considers the body to be no more than a machine, it wrongly assumes that the body can't tell the difference between a real virus and a counterfeit. The body develops an immunity against the counterfeit, not the real thing hence the continued presence of diseases presumably eradicated. If this isn't bad enought - the litany of chemicals found in vaccines cause other serious problems particularly for children - which is unconscionable to anybody with even a vestige of morality.
So now you think I actually think the US government is a better one? You must be joking ... or not paying any attention to anything I post.
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you think I actually think the US government is a better one? You must be joking ... or not paying any attention to anything I post.
I think the U.S. government should not allow U.S. Pharma to spread it's failures overseas for profit.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the U.S. government should not allow U.S. Pharma to spread it's failures overseas for profit.
That's not the US' problem, anymore than it was our responsibility to kill a country's leader. You like the bully US but decry it, I just decry the US government. It should learn to keeps it's nose out of everyone's business more often, not butt in more. Pharma companies are not just US owned, many are actually Chinese and Japanese. There's a huge one in India that actually supplies a lot of the medicines to the US. India practically owns the medical industry as a whole, their advances surpass the US by quite a bit.

Now I gave you the benefit of the doubt on some of your assertions here, and didn't actually verify your sources. But you're sounding like one of those anti-vaccer nut job conspiracy morons, or an ultra nut liberal.
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not the US' problem, anymore than it was our responsibility to kill a country's leader. You like the bully US but decry it, I just decry the US government. It should learn to keeps it's nose out of everyone's business more often, not butt in more. Pharma companies are not just US owned, many are actually Chinese and Japanese. There's a huge one in India that actually supplies a lot of the medicines to the US. India practically owns the medical industry as a whole, their advances surpass the US by quite a bit.
Now I gave you the benefit of the doubt on some of your assertions here, and didn't actually verify your sources. But you're sounding like one of those anti-vaccer nut job conspiracy morons, or an ultra nut liberal.
Calling anti-vaccination sentiment a conspiracy theory, only works as long as your child is not a victim.

I don't know where you are getting your information, but the majority of pharmacies in America are privately owned and operated by americans. If the U.S. government can impose criminal repercussions for activities on foreign soil that violate the Controlled Substances Act (CSA) such as the bill H.R. 313, the "Drug Trafficking Safe Harbor Elimination Act of 2011, it can do so with legal drugs sold overseas via black market distribution networks involving well known American companies like Walgreens and CVS pharmacies.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Calling anti-vaccination sentiment a conspiracy theory, only works as long as your child is not a victim.
I don't know where you are getting your information, but the majority of pharmacies in America are privately owned and operated by americans. If the U.S. government can impose criminal repercussions for activities on foreign soil that violate the Controlled Substances Act (CSA) such as the bill H.R. 313, the "Drug Trafficking Safe Harbor Elimination Act of 2011, it can do so with legal drugs sold overseas via black market distribution networks involving well known American companies like Walgreens and CVS pharmacies.
How can anyone have a civilised discussion with you?

You just admitted that you believe that rocks can talk....!

Go back to your creationist cave troll, save the big words for the smart people.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Everytime you post a piece of creationist propoganda here, I will buy ten copies of the god delusion to distribute to hotels around the world.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
http://www.badscience.net/
I recommend reading Bad Science, by Ben Goldacre.
(It probably won't help the superstitious, but its cogent and a good read)
The cool thing about bad science is that it highlights that fact that scientists are great at admitting when something isn't right or doesn't add up, factually or experimentally.

If only the same could be said for lying creationists...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
How can anyone have a civilised discussion with you?
You just admitted that you believe that rocks can talk....!
Go back to your creationist cave troll, save the big words for the smart people.
Ditto, lame brain. Should postscript need your opinion, he should consult with your pet rock.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Buck Crick 224,112
Our world came from nothing? 18 min Buck Crick 201
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... 1 hr DonPanic 1,286
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr MUQ1 21,386
HELL real or not? (Sep '13) 3 hr religionisillness 271
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 3 hr religionisillness 370
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 17 hr religionisillness 834
•••
•••