Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,983

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Full Story
John

United States

#66483 Dec 30, 2012
How does Drew decide which is most or least likely of the following: always was, something from nothing, prime mover. Show us your work Drew. You did not answer this or much of anything else. You lie. It's the atheist way.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#66484 Dec 30, 2012
You can't debate a christian about god. Anybody who believes in a magical being who lives in the sky is beyond rational thought. Religion is the best scam ever ran on gullible people, and I doff my hat to the Holy Scammers.

christians give their money to "god's collectors" with the PROMISE of eternal life in heaven. The evangelists do not have to worry about anybody coming back from death and asking for a refund.

IF god is real he can come to my house and collect his tithes in person. Until then, I think I'll spend my 10% on reality.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#66485 Dec 30, 2012
John wrote:
Pssst. Notice Drew didn't answer my questions. Notice Drew didn't provide an accountable position. Notice Drew can't meet his own rules. Notice Drew didn't didn't provide that example of evidence.
The arena is origin Drewsie. Thanks for being my dancing puppet and exposing atheism.
Nothing to see here folks. No takers for my simple proposal. Just the usual content bereft nothing.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
John, you are lying. Drew did answer your questions.
You lie when you say I haven't presented an accountable position. I have, but you refuse to debate.
1. If god exists, there is evidence for this existence.
2. There is no evidence for his existence.
3. There is no god.
You won't even start debating point 1!
Stump John, ask him to debate.
John

United States

#66486 Dec 30, 2012
Nope. Drew lies and you lie. Just cut and paste these relevant answers. This is an atheism forum Rose not a q and a of what I believe. Your disbelief is not belief.

If you want to debate the evidences and reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief you would have done that years ago. You have nothing of your own.

If Rose had a conscience she would have evidence of it.
There is no evidence Rose has a conscience.
Rose has no conscience.

More lies. More nothing. No evidence from the bigots.
John

United States

#66487 Dec 30, 2012
Anyone who believes in something from nothing is anti-science.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#66488 Dec 30, 2012
John wrote:
How does Drew decide which is most or least likely of the following: always was, something from nothing, prime mover.
Based on the evidence. Is there any evidence presented for a prime mover? No? Then I guess that's not a likely solution.

I'm not claiming either of the others, so why would I need to decide whether or not they were likely?
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#66489 Dec 30, 2012
John wrote:
Anyone who believes in something from nothing is anti-science.
Anyone believes they know the ultimate truth about how the universe came into being and what set off the big bang creation event is pushing a religious agenda. Science has no clue as to what started it all off. Atheism is no less a religion than is Christianity. Atheists even feel the need to spread their one true faith to humanity at large... just like the Christians and Moslems.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#66490 Dec 30, 2012
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I possess no scientific credentials and have not set up camp in science's land-o-facts, I am not required to provide observable testable evidence. I need not pretend to preserve acclaimed scientific facts, nor do I worry about losing face with my colleagues. As a non-subscriber, I have the freedom to stray beyond "official" scientific beliefs in my search for truth.
Atheists on the other hand, as subscribers to science and dwellers in the land-o-facts, must provide what science serves and requires - and that is, proof. Yet how reliable is the science loving atheist's proof? While they can crank out extraordinary statements like funny money, they cannot substantiate these claims with any authority when science's testable observable "evidence" keeps changing. Science has compromised itself by overstructuring and overburdening its repertoire of affirmations. It has stifled itself with an overproduction of "temporary truths" that in the sciences spring up like weeds - tomorrow to be trampled underfoot, barely living through a season before being replaced with a new batch of weeds, which in turn meets the same fate - falling by the wayside.
To complicate matters, each specific field of scientific inquiry in order to maintain its identity as biology, or physics, or psychology, accumulates its own body of temporary truths, or factoids to which it can become slavishly devoted (paradigms). These factoids are usually isolated - taken out of context to some extent and considered only as they relate to a certain discipline, not as they connect with other fields of study even when one set of factoids contradicts another set of factoids. This obfuscation and unreliability is the reason seekers see science as an undependable source of truth, and fewer young people choose science as a career.
All fine and dandy, so ... where's the evidence that suggests your assertions are at all based on reality?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#66491 Dec 30, 2012
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
It is aware. All things possess awareness, or consciousness.
<quoted text>
Before anything is, it it first thought.
So ... rocks are aware?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#66492 Dec 30, 2012
John wrote:
Nope. Drew lies and you lie. Just cut and paste these relevant answers. This is an atheism forum Rose not a q and a of what I believe. Your disbelief is not belief.
If you want to debate the evidences and reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief you would have done that years ago. You have nothing of your own.
Rose has no conscience.
You work in a movie theater.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#66493 Dec 30, 2012
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone believes they know the ultimate truth about how the universe came into being and what set off the big bang creation event is pushing a religious agenda. Science has no clue as to what started it all off. Atheism is no less a religion than is Christianity. Atheists even feel the need to spread their one true faith to humanity at large... just like the Christians and Moslems.
We aren't the ones saying some god thing started it. We're saying "we don't know what started it." You're the ones saying you know it all.
John

United States

#66494 Dec 30, 2012
You loons scream for evidence and have none to present. Further, you have proven incapable of quantifying that which you claim to seek. You are merely intellectually dishonest bigots with a forum about nothing.

My claim is simply a response to your agenda based attempts to marginalize believers. If you want to debate the evidences and reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of your own you would take the challenge.

You can't. You have nothing. Nothing will never win. All the lies for nothing. Pathetic. Still no evidence, just an avoidance of your nothing. You don't believe in God so stop spending all your time fighting him. Bizzare.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#66495 Dec 30, 2012
John wrote:
You loons scream for evidence and have none to present. Further, you have proven incapable of quantifying that which you claim to seek. You are merely intellectually dishonest bigots with a forum about nothing.
My claim is simply a response to your agenda based attempts to marginalize believers. If you want to debate the evidences and reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of your own you would take the challenge.
You can't. You have nothing. Nothing will never win. All the lies for nothing. Pathetic. Still no evidence, just an avoidance of your nothing. You don't believe in God so stop spending all your time fighting him. Bizzare.
So ... the fossils are all a scam? Chemicals don't really exist? Electricity isn't the transfer or ions? Odd.
John

United States

#66496 Dec 30, 2012
What's odd is you ducking all the questions and presenting no evidence for your nothing. Hey, you have your silly wordplay when I don't reiterate the specificity of what type of evidence each and every post. Each and every year. You weren't saying?

So, atheists hate animals and the elderly. Odd.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#66497 Dec 30, 2012
John wrote:
What's odd is you ducking all the questions and presenting no evidence for your nothing. Hey, you have your silly wordplay when I don't reiterate the specificity of what type of evidence each and every post. Each and every year. You weren't saying?
So, atheists hate animals and the elderly. Odd.
Again, it's you has nothing.

Santa Monica, CA

#66498 Dec 30, 2012
John wrote:
Rose has no conscience.
Quit dodging.
Let's debate.
Do you agree with this statement or not?
"If god exists, there is evidence of his existence".
Notice, at this point I'm not talking about what would "count" as evidence, nor whether or not this evidence exists.
So, come on, debate!

Stump John, ask him to debate.

Santa Monica, CA

#66499 Dec 30, 2012
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do people feel the need to claim atheism is a religion? It's not, it's just a lack of belief in gods. Any gods.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#66500 Dec 30, 2012

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#66501 Dec 30, 2012

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#66502 Dec 30, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
None of those links support "something from nothing".
You have weird beliefs.
So ... you didn't read any of them. I found them fascinating myself, why don't you read them?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min River Tam 231,986
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 11 min Gillette 1,040
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 3 hr Ooogah Boogah 14,452
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 4 hr thetruth 29
Young atheists: The political leaders of tomorrow 4 hr thetruth 6
Why Christians should stick up for atheists 4 hr thetruth 8
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 15 hr QUITTNER Nov 27 2014 31

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE