Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments
63,761 - 63,780 of 70,959 Comments Last updated Monday Jul 7

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

John wrote:
Get your nothing out of here!
Why do you keep telling yourself what to do, and then not do it?

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

John wrote:
Oh, now that's the arena huh? Not the origin of the universe.
Why would the rules for evidence be any different, John?

Do we move away from objective, unambiguous evidence merely merely because you can't produce that type of evidence for your "prime mover", John? Is that the reason you won't accept those rules?

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

John wrote:
By the way folks, Drewsies evidence was the Eiffel Tower. You can't make this shyte up.
Aw, John got caught lying yet again. He knows that the Eiffel Tower wasn't offered as evidence, but as something that exists, and then the kinds of evidence that is used to support the claim that it exists.

Poor John. He has to lie just to cover for the fact that he can't produce any evidence for his "prime mover".
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Our conscious mind sees with a spectacular but limited scope. It lacks all peripheral vision (and I am using the term metaphorically) because the five senses represent only a relatively flat view of reality, that deals with the most apparent surface.

The five senses are physical extensions of the inner senses. This arrangement is not the exclusive property of humans however - for it is in one way or another a part of each physical species regardless of size, form, or expression. The inner senses provides all species with a method of communication. Monkeys and atoms alike perceive the nature of their surroundings as well as the material they are made of.

The universe did not just magically and randomly come together without design and purpose - lifeless atoms forming willy nilly - dead elements merging indiscriminately. Nor was the world created by some distant objectified supreme being who made it piece by piece in six days - requiring rest on the seventh day like a mere mortal. The universe formed out of what God is. It's the natural extension of DIVINE creativity and INTENT. There was consciousness before there was matter, and not the other way around. It is therefore a gross scientific error to separate matter from consciousness, for consciousness materialized as matter IS physical life. The universe is not finished and complete for (primary consciousness) is always creating itself, or coming into existence.

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

postscriptt wrote:
Monkeys and atoms alike perceive the nature of their surroundings as well as the material they are made of.
How does an atom "perceive" anything?
postscriptt wrote:
There was consciousness before there was matter
How do you know?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

postscriptt wrote:
Our conscious mind sees with a spectacular but limited scope. It lacks all peripheral vision (and I am using the term metaphorically) because the five senses represent only a relatively flat view of reality, that deals with the most apparent surface.
The five senses are physical extensions of the inner senses. This arrangement is not the exclusive property of humans however - for it is in one way or another a part of each physical species regardless of size, form, or expression. The inner senses provides all species with a method of communication. Monkeys and atoms alike perceive the nature of their surroundings as well as the material they are made of.
The universe did not just magically and randomly come together without design and purpose - lifeless atoms forming willy nilly - dead elements merging indiscriminately. Nor was the world created by some distant objectified supreme being who made it piece by piece in six days - requiring rest on the seventh day like a mere mortal. The universe formed out of what God is. It's the natural extension of DIVINE creativity and INTENT. There was consciousness before there was matter, and not the other way around. It is therefore a gross scientific error to separate matter from consciousness, for consciousness materialized as matter IS physical life. The universe is not finished and complete for (primary consciousness) is always creating itself, or coming into existence.
Okay, so you made a bunch of assertions, where is the evidence that suggests any of this is at all reality?

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Higgs Boson. It's a death blow to atheists everywhere. It's ad one deal since last week's finding at the Hadron Collider in Switzerland.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Ninthman wrote:
Higgs Boson. It's a death blow to atheists everywhere. It's ad one deal since last week's finding at the Hadron Collider in Switzerland.
Now you're both babbling and ... way out of touch with even the Gregorian calendar.

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Ninthman wrote:
Higgs Boson. It's a death blow to atheists everywhere.
Because...?
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost three years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Three years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 63, 780 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True science that is repeatable and observable.

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

John wrote:
They have gone almost three years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate.
In other words, John expects others to do what he has done in this thread: make a specific claim about the origin of the Universe, without providing any evidence to support that claim. John gets frustrated when everyone else isn't as unethical as he is.
John wrote:
Three years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence.
An example was given. John is lying.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Atheists can't experience God because they lack faith in God.

John 20:29
Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Let me translate for Drew- As a lying, unethical, and intellectually dishonest antitheist he expects his forum to use arbitrary rules for evidence and not be able to give one example of something that meets that criteria.

As one of the most frequent posters in a forum about nothing he will simply avoid and obfuscate legitimate questions hoping we don't notice the ridiculousness of his nothing and the myriad ways John has exposed his agenda.

If I am lying Drew show everyone the example of evidence in this arena that meets the evidentiary standard you hold others accountable to. Three years of you having no evidence or accountable position. There is more evidence that you are crazy than anything you have submitted.

Drew fears debating on equal terms. Here is my accountable position. Prime mover. Drew just likes to try and marginalize believers but he sure is a coward when it comes time to put up or shut up.

How would Drew rank the following possibilities for the origin of the universe: always was, prime mover, something from nothing. Watch closely for Drewsie nonclaims and nonresponses. There is no agenda whatsoever he merely has to repeat his disbelief for three plus years and 60,000 plus posts. Evidence of a warped man LOL. Get help Drew.

Stump Drew! Ask him what he believes.
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
It is aware. All things possess awareness, or consciousness.
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know?
Before anything is, it it first thought.
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, so you made a bunch of assertions, where is the evidence that suggests any of this is at all reality?
Since I possess no scientific credentials and have not set up camp in science's land-o-facts, I am not required to provide observable testable evidence. I need not pretend to preserve acclaimed scientific facts, nor do I worry about losing face with my colleagues. As a non-subscriber, I have the freedom to stray beyond "official" scientific beliefs in my search for truth.

Atheists on the other hand, as subscribers to science and dwellers in the land-o-facts, must provide what science serves and requires - and that is, proof. Yet how reliable is the science loving atheist's proof? While they can crank out extraordinary statements like funny money, they cannot substantiate these claims with any authority when science's testable observable "evidence" keeps changing. Science has compromised itself by overstructuring and overburdening its repertoire of affirmations. It has stifled itself with an overproduction of "temporary truths" that in the sciences spring up like weeds - tomorrow to be trampled underfoot, barely living through a season before being replaced with a new batch of weeds, which in turn meets the same fate - falling by the wayside.

To complicate matters, each specific field of scientific inquiry in order to maintain its identity as biology, or physics, or psychology, accumulates its own body of temporary truths, or factoids to which it can become slavishly devoted (paradigms). These factoids are usually isolated - taken out of context to some extent and considered only as they relate to a certain discipline, not as they connect with other fields of study even when one set of factoids contradicts another set of factoids. This obfuscation and unreliability is the reason seekers see science as an undependable source of truth, and fewer young people choose science as a career.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

I have simply made a statement in response to bigots that seek to marginalize believers that I will debate the evidences and reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of their choice. The challenge has not been taken. This forum has nowhere to go when its time to bring out evidence or answer questions. I guess they just start a forum and hope someone that believes in a higher power makes a post. The very thing they despise is the one thing they need for a voice. Fight that God you don't believe in loons.

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

John wrote:
As a lying, unethical, and intellectually dishonest antitheist...
The only liar here is John. He's the one who claimed that he had an "accountable" position.

But he never seems able to account for it.

Ergo, it's not accountable. Ergo, he lied.
John wrote:
he expects his forum to use arbitrary rules for evidence
Funny how John can't seem to explain why it's "arbitrary" to have the rules that evidence should be objective and unambiguous.
John wrote:
and not be able to give one example of something that meets that criteria.
John lies yet again since he was given such an example.
John wrote:
If I am lying Drew show everyone the example of evidence in this arena that meets the evidentiary standard you hold others accountable to.
The arena is "things that either exist or don't exist". I gave the example of evidence for something that is claimed to exist.

That you don't like it isn't anyone else's problem.
John wrote:
Here is my accountable position.
Prove that it's accountable, John. I'm betting that you can't.

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

postscriptt wrote:
It is aware. All things possess awareness, or consciousness.
You're just repeating the claim, not answering the question. How does an atom "perceive" or "possess awareness"?
postscriptt wrote:
Before anything is, it it first thought.
How do you know?
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Pssst. Notice Drew didn't answer my questions. Notice Drew didn't provide an accountable position. Notice Drew can't meet his own rules. Notice Drew didn't didn't provide that example of evidence.

The arena is origin Drewsie. Thanks for being my dancing puppet and exposing atheism.

Nothing to see here folks. No takers for my simple proposal. Just the usual content bereft nothing.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just repeating the claim, not answering the question. How does an atom "perceive" or "possess awareness"?
<quoted text>
How do you know?
Humans and animals who possess awareness are made up of atoms.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••