Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments
63,741 - 63,760 of 70,959 Comments Last updated Monday Jul 7
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, luckily science doesn't say you have to be able to detect it with the five senses, that's what machines help us to enhance.
How have machines demonstrated that life springs from dead matter, or that extrasensory abilities are hallucinatory?
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientific theories of the origin of the universe are mathematically sound and backed by evidence.
What evidence? For the past quarter of a century, mathematicians have indulged in a carnival of speculation because they don't have to concern themselves with experimental science or direct observation.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution of humans is again, backed by evidence and facts.
So, where's the evidence of your god?
Where science fears to tread of course - the non-physical universe which science claims doesn't exist.
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
From a person who thinks some goat herders 2000 year old book is true...LOL
There is no difference between a goat herder who believes walking on water is possible and a modern day scientist who believes life comes from dead matter.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

John wrote:
Not psychic, just observant and a freethinker. Do you intend on answering my questions? You don't know what you don't know. How do you measure the supernatural? Perhaps science isn't the arena. Thankfully there are other disciplines where we also can acquire knowledge and imo, along with science point to a prime mover. For a freethinker you seem to be awfully one dimensional and specifically interested in marginalizing Christianity. Check your conscience. Oh, science can't measure that LOL. Do we have a conscience kk?
I'm not here to do your homework.. I've been clear on that. I don't debate nothing and this forum is filled with antitheists. When you are ready to compare the evidence for my something vs ????? we can do that.
Now get your nothing out of here!
You refuse to answer any questions, therefore, no one should answer your questions. You are trolling, and you admitted such more than once.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
How have machines demonstrated that life springs from dead matter, or that extrasensory abilities are hallucinatory?
<quoted text>
What evidence? For the past quarter of a century, mathematicians have indulged in a carnival of speculation because they don't have to concern themselves with experimental science or direct observation.
<quoted text>
Where science fears to tread of course - the non-physical universe which science claims doesn't exist.
Yes, yes, they do observe evidence, and no it doesn't.

The brain centers active when "ESP" is supposedly in use are those responsible for dreams, therefore, they are hallucinations until proven otherwise. Yes, machines helped us to see that.

Not how life "springs" into existence, but so far there is very promising tests showing how primitive cells can be the result of chemical reactions at the most probable time of the event.

Science makes not such thing of anything not existing, it requires evidence, and scientific people have a reliable requirement for such evidence. Until evidence suggests something exists, then it is perfectly reasonable to state it probably does not exist, and that's all scientists do, they say "it probably doesn't exist."

You still lack evidence, where is your evidence? You deflect the burden of proof in every post, so present your evidence so we can examine it.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no difference between a goat herder who believes walking on water is possible and a modern day scientist who believes life comes from dead matter.
Yes there is, it's called evidence.
sickofit

Hayfield, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL./...Ok ok insane person...HAVE YOUR CULT MYTH STONEAGE BS...I wil go with fact and tests and science.....
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You refuse to answer any questions, therefore, no one should answer your questions. You are trolling, and you admitted such more than once.
Lie for your nothing! I won't play a one sided q and a. Why should I. Oh, I'm asking a bigot on a forum about nothing. You don't answer because you are stumped. No one here answers those exact questions in any relevant way. Back to your nothing.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

John wrote:
<quoted text>
Lie for your nothing! I won't play a one sided q and a. Why should I. Oh, I'm asking a bigot on a forum about nothing. You don't answer because you are stumped. No one here answers those exact questions in any relevant way. Back to your nothing.
You still didn't answer any questions yet. So I was not lying. You are playing that game, not us, you refuse to answer any questions. As to what's relevant, well ... not answering questions posited yet demanding other people answer the same questions repeatedly is pretty much the lowest relevance of any posts.
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL./...Ok ok insane person...HAVE YOUR CULT MYTH STONEAGE BS...I wil go with fact and tests and science.....
Travel in safety - both in your body and out of it - ye olde religious bigot.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

John wrote:
I won't play a one sided q and a. Why should I.
Because you're the only one making a claim, in this case, that there is a "prime mover".

If you don't want to be asked any questions, stop claiming that a prime mover exists.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Nope. The questions you loons cannot answer are myriad. It's comical you don't have one iota of evidence you hood others accountable to. The lies and obfuscation you go for nothing says a lot about you. My claim was merely the result of your intellectual dishonesty. It still stands.

I will debate the evidences and reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position you choose. Just name it and state your case. Until then, you have nothing but a forum about nothing. That's bat shit crazy.

Still no evidence or accountable position in an atheism forum. Three plus years in!
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Rank the following in terms of most to least likely: always was, prime mover, something from nothing.

Show your work and make sure its repeatable and observable evidence. Welcome to stumpville stumpees.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

John wrote:
<quoted text>
This is an atheism forum. Show your nothing exists. I'm not here to convert you, but when you attempt to marginalize belief based on nothing more than an agenda I'll play whack a mole.
Still not one example of evidence that meets the standards atheists hold others to. Nothing is their evidence. Atheism exposed 101.
Still trying to get you to debate.
1. If god exists, there is evidence of his existence.

Do you agree with that? Yes or no.

Stump John, ask him to debate.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, John won't answer nor debate.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

No you aren't Rose. You're disbelief is not belief. You are just another bigot.

This is your forum and I asked a simple question on page one that you refuse to answer. Nothing is evidence to you so just present an accountable position and debate. Mine is a prime mover. Yours is nothing. Present evidence of your nothing or ?????. It's clear you have no evidence and fear a debate vs a prime mover.

Silly nothing.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Still waiting for an example of evidence in this arena atheists hold others to. Seems reasonable but my nothing the lies, deceit, and off topic things they will post to mask what any feel can see is sickening. Although, exposing them is entertaining.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

John wrote:
Still waiting for an example of evidence in this arena atheists hold others to.
Already provided. The arena is "things that either exist or don't exist".

Where's your evidence for your "prime mover"?

None?

Must not exist.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Oh, now that's the arena huh? Not the origin of the universe. This has been covered but your only play is avoidance and a steering of the narrative. Wrong turn again though Drew. Where is your evidence of a conscience? Must not exist. We still are discovering new species, but they didn't exist until there was evidence. Stay on your nothing because each time you get off it your a## gets handed to you.

I don't debate nothing Drew. This is your forum. Do you have something you want to debate vs a prime mover? We know you won't dare attempt such a challenge.

Where is the evidence for your rules? Why can't you explain how you quantify the likelihood of always was, something from nothing, or prime mover?

By the way folks, Drewsies evidence was the Eiffel Tower. You can't make this shyte up.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

John wrote:
No you aren't Rose. You're disbelief is not belief. You are just another bigot.
This is your forum and I asked a simple question on page one that you refuse to answer. Nothing is evidence to you so just present an accountable position and debate. Mine is a prime mover. Yours is nothing. Present evidence of your nothing or ?????. It's clear you have no evidence and fear a debate vs a prime mover.
Silly nothing.
Until you have evidence of your "prime mover" then that is the real "nothing."
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Get your nothing out of here!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min Dave Nelson 224,537
What does "Atheism" mean? 4 hr Buck Crick 37
Introducing The Universal Religion 7 hr nanoanomaly 735
Our world came from nothing? 8 hr Reason Personified 247
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 15 hr Patrick 395
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 17 hr religionisillness 19
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 17 hr Growupchildren 21,401
•••
•••