Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70629 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

#66758 Jan 7, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, that would just make people think it's circular. Even then, a square object casting a shadow on a spherical object produces a shadow that is almost circular as well. We know it's round because of a primitive version of the scientific method utilized.
Because the theory is being refined doesn't make gravity go away either, does it?
Obfuscation will get you nowhere. Erik Verlinde, professor of Theoretical Physics says gravity is an illusion:
http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2012/11/...

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#66759 Jan 7, 2013
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obfuscation will get you nowhere. Erik Verlinde, professor of Theoretical Physics says gravity is an illusion:
What am I hiding?

So, you have another mentally disturbed "professor," good for you. Doesn't change the fact that what goes up, must collide with another object.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#66760 Jan 7, 2013
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
The earth is round because we can see the reflection of its shape on the moon during a lunar eclispe. This is as true today as it was when Ferdinand Magellan first took notice. And gravity? Well - its currently undergoing scientific reconstruction as do all of science's "theories" eventually. Why should anyone accept science's theories as truthworthy when they change all the time?
Hebrews 13:8
God is the same yesterday and today and forever.
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

#66761 Jan 7, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
What am I hiding?
So, you have another mentally disturbed "professor," good for you. Doesn't change the fact that what goes up, must collide with another object.
How strange. You label everybody, including scientists who disagree with you as mentally disturbed. Has it ever occurred to you that you might be the one who is unhinged?
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

#66762 Jan 7, 2013
LucindaW wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed.

Since: Jan 13

Clearwater, FL

#66763 Jan 7, 2013
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why don't you jump off the top of a very tall building, thus proving that Professor Verlinde is correct?

Clearwater, FL

#66764 Jan 7, 2013
LucindaW wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree completely. God never has, does not now, and never will, exist.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#66765 Jan 7, 2013
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Much like scientific assumptions, eh? They are real not because they are, but because science says they are.
No they are real because observational evidence and multiple experiments prove it.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#66766 Jan 7, 2013
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
How strange. You label everybody, including scientists who disagree with you as mentally disturbed. Has it ever occurred to you that you might be the one who is unhinged?
lying sack of manipulative creationist sh*t with no proof of god.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#66767 Jan 7, 2013
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, never occurred to me in recent years as I have nothing to feel insecure about.

99% of the population is mentally disturbed in some way, though it's often a simple delusion that some imaginary thing talks to them and tells them how to live.
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

#66768 Jan 7, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why don't you jump off the top of a very tall building, thus proving that Professor Verlinde is correct?
Velinde is not saying you can't fall down, he's saying that science is looking at gravity the wrong way. Read the article.
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

#66769 Jan 7, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
lying sack of manipulative creationist sh*t with no proof of god.
You are proof positive that the prejudiced always think in extremes.
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

#66770 Jan 7, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, never occurred to me in recent years as I have nothing to feel insecure about.
99% of the population is mentally disturbed in some way, though it's often a simple delusion that some imaginary thing talks to them and tells them how to live.
Those who feel secure don't require constant affirmation and validation as you have demonstrated time and again.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#66771 Jan 7, 2013
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Velinde is not saying you can't fall down, he's saying that science is looking at gravity the wrong way. Read the article.
The "wrong way?" So then the "right way" is "angels hold things down?"
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

#66772 Jan 7, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The "wrong way?" So then the "right way" is "angels hold things down?"
Angels? Where did that come from - your delusional state of mind?

Clearwater, FL

#66773 Jan 7, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an intersting point. If a person went around claiming that they have an invisible friend that they can communicate with, and that their invisible friend is the final word on justice, morality, and truth, that person would probably be sent to a mental hospital for observation.

And yet, by simply calling himself "Christian", such a person is considered perfectly sane.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#66774 Jan 7, 2013
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who feel secure don't require constant affirmation and validation as you have demonstrated time and again.
Erm, what? Are you hallucinating?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#66775 Jan 7, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an intersting point. If a person went around claiming that they have an invisible friend that they can communicate with, and that their invisible friend is the final word on justice, morality, and truth, that person would probably be sent to a mental hospital for observation.
And yet, by simply calling himself "Christian", such a person is considered perfectly sane.
Thus why the vast majority of the human population is delusional. ;)

Not just christian, but any religion. Religious belief gets a free pass, and yet they are delusional,
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

#66776 Jan 7, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Is worshipping science a perceptible indication that one is sane in your world? Not much difference between an invisble friend and a superhero.
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

#66777 Jan 7, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Thus why the vast majority of the human population is delusional. ;)
Not just christian, but any religion. Religious belief gets a free pass, and yet they are delusional,
You are engaging in stereotypical thinking. "If one is agin science, one must be fer religion, right?" While such an interpretation may be satisfyingly simple, it's also nonsense and another indication that you are prone to unhinged thinking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 10 min Chimney1 48,485
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 1 hr JustASkeptic 6
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 4 hr Into The Night 23,491
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) Sat ChristineM 21,863
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sat Eagle 12 258,039
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Sat Eagle 12 4,907
Why you need to make sure you are saved before ... Fri Scaritual 14
More from around the web