Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70650 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

John

United States

#66454 Dec 28, 2012
No you aren't Rose. You're disbelief is not belief. You are just another bigot.

This is your forum and I asked a simple question on page one that you refuse to answer. Nothing is evidence to you so just present an accountable position and debate. Mine is a prime mover. Yours is nothing. Present evidence of your nothing or ?????. It's clear you have no evidence and fear a debate vs a prime mover.

Silly nothing.
John

United States

#66455 Dec 28, 2012
Still waiting for an example of evidence in this arena atheists hold others to. Seems reasonable but my nothing the lies, deceit, and off topic things they will post to mask what any feel can see is sickening. Although, exposing them is entertaining.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#66456 Dec 28, 2012
John wrote:
Still waiting for an example of evidence in this arena atheists hold others to.
Already provided. The arena is "things that either exist or don't exist".

Where's your evidence for your "prime mover"?

None?

Must not exist.
John

United States

#66457 Dec 28, 2012
Oh, now that's the arena huh? Not the origin of the universe. This has been covered but your only play is avoidance and a steering of the narrative. Wrong turn again though Drew. Where is your evidence of a conscience? Must not exist. We still are discovering new species, but they didn't exist until there was evidence. Stay on your nothing because each time you get off it your a## gets handed to you.

I don't debate nothing Drew. This is your forum. Do you have something you want to debate vs a prime mover? We know you won't dare attempt such a challenge.

Where is the evidence for your rules? Why can't you explain how you quantify the likelihood of always was, something from nothing, or prime mover?

By the way folks, Drewsies evidence was the Eiffel Tower. You can't make this shyte up.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#66458 Dec 28, 2012
John wrote:
No you aren't Rose. You're disbelief is not belief. You are just another bigot.
This is your forum and I asked a simple question on page one that you refuse to answer. Nothing is evidence to you so just present an accountable position and debate. Mine is a prime mover. Yours is nothing. Present evidence of your nothing or ?????. It's clear you have no evidence and fear a debate vs a prime mover.
Silly nothing.
Until you have evidence of your "prime mover" then that is the real "nothing."
John

United States

#66459 Dec 29, 2012
Get your nothing out of here!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#66460 Dec 29, 2012
John wrote:
Get your nothing out of here!
Why do you keep telling yourself what to do, and then not do it?

Tampa, FL

#66461 Dec 29, 2012
John wrote:
Oh, now that's the arena huh? Not the origin of the universe.
Why would the rules for evidence be any different, John?

Do we move away from objective, unambiguous evidence merely merely because you can't produce that type of evidence for your "prime mover", John? Is that the reason you won't accept those rules?

Tampa, FL

#66462 Dec 29, 2012
John wrote:
By the way folks, Drewsies evidence was the Eiffel Tower. You can't make this shyte up.
Aw, John got caught lying yet again. He knows that the Eiffel Tower wasn't offered as evidence, but as something that exists, and then the kinds of evidence that is used to support the claim that it exists.

Poor John. He has to lie just to cover for the fact that he can't produce any evidence for his "prime mover".
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

#66463 Dec 29, 2012
Our conscious mind sees with a spectacular but limited scope. It lacks all peripheral vision (and I am using the term metaphorically) because the five senses represent only a relatively flat view of reality, that deals with the most apparent surface.

The five senses are physical extensions of the inner senses. This arrangement is not the exclusive property of humans however - for it is in one way or another a part of each physical species regardless of size, form, or expression. The inner senses provides all species with a method of communication. Monkeys and atoms alike perceive the nature of their surroundings as well as the material they are made of.

The universe did not just magically and randomly come together without design and purpose - lifeless atoms forming willy nilly - dead elements merging indiscriminately. Nor was the world created by some distant objectified supreme being who made it piece by piece in six days - requiring rest on the seventh day like a mere mortal. The universe formed out of what God is. It's the natural extension of DIVINE creativity and INTENT. There was consciousness before there was matter, and not the other way around. It is therefore a gross scientific error to separate matter from consciousness, for consciousness materialized as matter IS physical life. The universe is not finished and complete for (primary consciousness) is always creating itself, or coming into existence.

Tampa, FL

#66464 Dec 29, 2012
postscriptt wrote:
Monkeys and atoms alike perceive the nature of their surroundings as well as the material they are made of.
How does an atom "perceive" anything?
postscriptt wrote:
There was consciousness before there was matter
How do you know?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#66465 Dec 29, 2012
postscriptt wrote:
Our conscious mind sees with a spectacular but limited scope. It lacks all peripheral vision (and I am using the term metaphorically) because the five senses represent only a relatively flat view of reality, that deals with the most apparent surface.
The five senses are physical extensions of the inner senses. This arrangement is not the exclusive property of humans however - for it is in one way or another a part of each physical species regardless of size, form, or expression. The inner senses provides all species with a method of communication. Monkeys and atoms alike perceive the nature of their surroundings as well as the material they are made of.
The universe did not just magically and randomly come together without design and purpose - lifeless atoms forming willy nilly - dead elements merging indiscriminately. Nor was the world created by some distant objectified supreme being who made it piece by piece in six days - requiring rest on the seventh day like a mere mortal. The universe formed out of what God is. It's the natural extension of DIVINE creativity and INTENT. There was consciousness before there was matter, and not the other way around. It is therefore a gross scientific error to separate matter from consciousness, for consciousness materialized as matter IS physical life. The universe is not finished and complete for (primary consciousness) is always creating itself, or coming into existence.
Okay, so you made a bunch of assertions, where is the evidence that suggests any of this is at all reality?

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#66466 Dec 29, 2012
Higgs Boson. It's a death blow to atheists everywhere. It's ad one deal since last week's finding at the Hadron Collider in Switzerland.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#66467 Dec 29, 2012
Ninthman wrote:
Higgs Boson. It's a death blow to atheists everywhere. It's ad one deal since last week's finding at the Hadron Collider in Switzerland.
Now you're both babbling and ... way out of touch with even the Gregorian calendar.

Tampa, FL

#66468 Dec 29, 2012
Ninthman wrote:
Higgs Boson. It's a death blow to atheists everywhere.
Because...?
John

United States

#66469 Dec 29, 2012
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost three years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Three years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 63, 780 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True science that is repeatable and observable.

Tampa, FL

#66470 Dec 30, 2012
John wrote:
They have gone almost three years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate.
In other words, John expects others to do what he has done in this thread: make a specific claim about the origin of the Universe, without providing any evidence to support that claim. John gets frustrated when everyone else isn't as unethical as he is.
John wrote:
Three years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence.
An example was given. John is lying.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#66471 Dec 30, 2012
Atheists can't experience God because they lack faith in God.

John 20:29
Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
John

United States

#66472 Dec 30, 2012
Let me translate for Drew- As a lying, unethical, and intellectually dishonest antitheist he expects his forum to use arbitrary rules for evidence and not be able to give one example of something that meets that criteria.

As one of the most frequent posters in a forum about nothing he will simply avoid and obfuscate legitimate questions hoping we don't notice the ridiculousness of his nothing and the myriad ways John has exposed his agenda.

If I am lying Drew show everyone the example of evidence in this arena that meets the evidentiary standard you hold others accountable to. Three years of you having no evidence or accountable position. There is more evidence that you are crazy than anything you have submitted.

Drew fears debating on equal terms. Here is my accountable position. Prime mover. Drew just likes to try and marginalize believers but he sure is a coward when it comes time to put up or shut up.

How would Drew rank the following possibilities for the origin of the universe: always was, prime mover, something from nothing. Watch closely for Drewsie nonclaims and nonresponses. There is no agenda whatsoever he merely has to repeat his disbelief for three plus years and 60,000 plus posts. Evidence of a warped man LOL. Get help Drew.

Stump Drew! Ask him what he believes.
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

#66473 Dec 30, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
How does an atom "perceive" anything?
It is aware. All things possess awareness, or consciousness.
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know?
Before anything is, it it first thought.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 18 min par five 247,418
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 30 min -Stray Dog 47,801
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 40 min dollarsbill 12,644
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 1 hr thetruth 14,715
Proof of God for the Atheist 2 hr thetruth 121
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 6 hr thetruth 7
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 12 hr thetruth 21
More from around the web