Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70650 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#66434 Dec 28, 2012
John wrote:
Nope. Spot on kk. That is why you singularly focus on belief despite nothing meeting your criteria. You didn't rank my possibilities which speaks to my point. What beliefs kk? There are many different religions. Don't skip steps. Believers belief in something larger than us and you just espouse nonsense.
You also didn't choose to compare your nothing to my something. No surprise. Inaction speaks louder than words. Still no evidence for your scientifcally impossible science.
So now you are assuming you are psychic. Fascinating, how far your delusion will make you go to justify it.

Actually quite the opposite. I want to find something that is supernatural, I want to know if it exists, it's sort of what skeptics like me do. We ask for evidence because we want the evidence. You provide no evidence, so you are lying, or completely insane.
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

#66435 Dec 28, 2012
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Science and facts are not fiction MORON..........
Science's facts about the origin of the universe, the evolution of man, the silly assumption that if you can't detect it with your five senses it doesn't exist are all myths. Fairy tales! Just because science presents them as facts doesn't make them facts. But hey! Don't feel bad. A lot of people who possess greater minds than yours have also been snookered by science's fictions.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#66436 Dec 28, 2012
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Science's facts about the origin of the universe, the evolution of man, the silly assumption that if you can't detect it with your five senses it doesn't exist are all myths. Fairy tales! Just because science presents them as facts doesn't make them facts. But hey! Don't feel bad. A lot of people who possess greater minds than yours have also been snookered by science's fictions.
Well, luckily science doesn't say you have to be able to detect it with the five senses, that's what machines help us to enhance.

Scientific theories of the origin of the universe are mathematically sound and backed by evidence.

Evolution of humans is again, backed by evidence and facts.

So, where's the evidence of your god?
sickofit

Blooming Prairie, MN

#66437 Dec 28, 2012
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
From a person who thinks some goat herders 2000 year old book is true...LOL
John

United States

#66438 Dec 28, 2012
Not psychic, just observant and a freethinker. Do you intend on answering my questions? You don't know what you don't know. How do you measure the supernatural? Perhaps science isn't the arena. Thankfully there are other disciplines where we also can acquire knowledge and imo, along with science point to a prime mover. For a freethinker you seem to be awfully one dimensional and specifically interested in marginalizing Christianity. Check your conscience. Oh, science can't measure that LOL. Do we have a conscience kk?

I'm not here to do your homework.. I've been clear on that. I don't debate nothing and this forum is filled with antitheists. When you are ready to compare the evidence for my something vs ????? we can do that.

Now get your nothing out of here!
John

United States

#66439 Dec 28, 2012
What kind of evolution and what do you think evidence of evolution would do to marginalize a prime mover? That's the crux of what you want your pseudoscience to do which is why your kind is ruining science. Ironically, science needs freethinkers not ones mislabelled as such.

This is boring. Put up an accountable position or evidence and let's hash it out.
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

#66440 Dec 28, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, luckily science doesn't say you have to be able to detect it with the five senses, that's what machines help us to enhance.
How have machines demonstrated that life springs from dead matter, or that extrasensory abilities are hallucinatory?
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientific theories of the origin of the universe are mathematically sound and backed by evidence.
What evidence? For the past quarter of a century, mathematicians have indulged in a carnival of speculation because they don't have to concern themselves with experimental science or direct observation.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution of humans is again, backed by evidence and facts.
So, where's the evidence of your god?
Where science fears to tread of course - the non-physical universe which science claims doesn't exist.
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

#66441 Dec 28, 2012
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
From a person who thinks some goat herders 2000 year old book is true...LOL
There is no difference between a goat herder who believes walking on water is possible and a modern day scientist who believes life comes from dead matter.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#66442 Dec 28, 2012
John wrote:
Not psychic, just observant and a freethinker. Do you intend on answering my questions? You don't know what you don't know. How do you measure the supernatural? Perhaps science isn't the arena. Thankfully there are other disciplines where we also can acquire knowledge and imo, along with science point to a prime mover. For a freethinker you seem to be awfully one dimensional and specifically interested in marginalizing Christianity. Check your conscience. Oh, science can't measure that LOL. Do we have a conscience kk?
I'm not here to do your homework.. I've been clear on that. I don't debate nothing and this forum is filled with antitheists. When you are ready to compare the evidence for my something vs ????? we can do that.
Now get your nothing out of here!
You refuse to answer any questions, therefore, no one should answer your questions. You are trolling, and you admitted such more than once.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#66443 Dec 28, 2012
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
How have machines demonstrated that life springs from dead matter, or that extrasensory abilities are hallucinatory?
<quoted text>
What evidence? For the past quarter of a century, mathematicians have indulged in a carnival of speculation because they don't have to concern themselves with experimental science or direct observation.
<quoted text>
Where science fears to tread of course - the non-physical universe which science claims doesn't exist.
Yes, yes, they do observe evidence, and no it doesn't.

The brain centers active when "ESP" is supposedly in use are those responsible for dreams, therefore, they are hallucinations until proven otherwise. Yes, machines helped us to see that.

Not how life "springs" into existence, but so far there is very promising tests showing how primitive cells can be the result of chemical reactions at the most probable time of the event.

Science makes not such thing of anything not existing, it requires evidence, and scientific people have a reliable requirement for such evidence. Until evidence suggests something exists, then it is perfectly reasonable to state it probably does not exist, and that's all scientists do, they say "it probably doesn't exist."

You still lack evidence, where is your evidence? You deflect the burden of proof in every post, so present your evidence so we can examine it.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#66444 Dec 28, 2012
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no difference between a goat herder who believes walking on water is possible and a modern day scientist who believes life comes from dead matter.
Yes there is, it's called evidence.
sickofit

Blooming Prairie, MN

#66445 Dec 28, 2012
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL./...Ok ok insane person...HAVE YOUR CULT MYTH STONEAGE BS...I wil go with fact and tests and science.....
John

United States

#66446 Dec 28, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You refuse to answer any questions, therefore, no one should answer your questions. You are trolling, and you admitted such more than once.
Lie for your nothing! I won't play a one sided q and a. Why should I. Oh, I'm asking a bigot on a forum about nothing. You don't answer because you are stumped. No one here answers those exact questions in any relevant way. Back to your nothing.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#66447 Dec 28, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Lie for your nothing! I won't play a one sided q and a. Why should I. Oh, I'm asking a bigot on a forum about nothing. You don't answer because you are stumped. No one here answers those exact questions in any relevant way. Back to your nothing.
You still didn't answer any questions yet. So I was not lying. You are playing that game, not us, you refuse to answer any questions. As to what's relevant, well ... not answering questions posited yet demanding other people answer the same questions repeatedly is pretty much the lowest relevance of any posts.
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

#66448 Dec 28, 2012
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL./...Ok ok insane person...HAVE YOUR CULT MYTH STONEAGE BS...I wil go with fact and tests and science.....
Travel in safety - both in your body and out of it - ye olde religious bigot.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#66449 Dec 28, 2012
John wrote:
I won't play a one sided q and a. Why should I.
Because you're the only one making a claim, in this case, that there is a "prime mover".

If you don't want to be asked any questions, stop claiming that a prime mover exists.
John

United States

#66450 Dec 28, 2012
Nope. The questions you loons cannot answer are myriad. It's comical you don't have one iota of evidence you hood others accountable to. The lies and obfuscation you go for nothing says a lot about you. My claim was merely the result of your intellectual dishonesty. It still stands.

I will debate the evidences and reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position you choose. Just name it and state your case. Until then, you have nothing but a forum about nothing. That's bat shit crazy.

Still no evidence or accountable position in an atheism forum. Three plus years in!
John

United States

#66451 Dec 28, 2012
Rank the following in terms of most to least likely: always was, prime mover, something from nothing.

Show your work and make sure its repeatable and observable evidence. Welcome to stumpville stumpees.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#66452 Dec 28, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>
This is an atheism forum. Show your nothing exists. I'm not here to convert you, but when you attempt to marginalize belief based on nothing more than an agenda I'll play whack a mole.
Still not one example of evidence that meets the standards atheists hold others to. Nothing is their evidence. Atheism exposed 101.
Still trying to get you to debate.
1. If god exists, there is evidence of his existence.

Do you agree with that? Yes or no.

Stump John, ask him to debate.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#66453 Dec 28, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, John won't answer nor debate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min Eagle 12 247,355
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 39 min woodtick57 12,598
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 2 hr JustASkeptic 14,714
Proof of God for the Atheist 3 hr Shizle 107
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 4 hr -Stray Dog 47,794
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 6 hr par five 6
News Militant Atheists are On the March 6 hr thetruth 4
More from around the web