Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,983

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Full Story
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

#65918 Dec 14, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Listen this metaphysical nonsense is childish. I still have a certificate stating I am a hypnotist. I used to hang with lots of you metaphysical junkies I have seen and heard it all.
I have a whole shelf of books going on and on about this.
Bottom line there is nothing to any of it. It's make believe for adults nothing more.
<quoted text>
If you know all about metaphysics then you should have no problem explaining how simultaneous time effects the conventional theory of reincarnation. Give it a shot, ape-man.
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

#65919 Dec 14, 2012
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been a reasearch mathematician for the last 25+ years. I am trained in physics and have worked as a physicist at an accelerator lab. I discuss the ramifications of various experiments on the different hypotheses that are current. My main interest is astrophysics, but there are also applications to accelerator physics in what I have done.
Try again.
Really? Business must be slow because you seem to spend an exorbitant amount of time on this forum making assertions you can't prove. LOL!
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

#65920 Dec 14, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
All things labeled as "metaphysical" have been demonstrated to be scams. Do you have something that can actually produce the same results almost every time? Because that would be a first in all of known history.
A dingbat like you posting something stupid produces the same result every time.
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

#65921 Dec 14, 2012
digitaldan wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to explain metaphysical concepts to a bunch of clueless atheists is like trying to explain the combustion engine to a tribe of Toulambi villagers.
You got that right! LMAO!
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

#65922 Dec 14, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
It scares them shitless.
They would have to admit something might exist that they cannot measure. Their measurements have advanced to the point they think nothing else can exist. Hence - the arrogance.
They want to assume for us all - to be the official gatekeepers of knowledge. Besides, the ones on Topix are full of shit anyway.
The truth in a nutshell. Ya gotta love it!

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#65923 Dec 14, 2012
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-11-07...
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Not after a while.

Lexington, KY

#65924 Dec 14, 2012
Can't you ask the old lady micowave ghost?

:))
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
If you know all about metaphysics then you should have no problem explaining how simultaneous time effects the conventional theory of reincarnation. Give it a shot, ape-man.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#65925 Dec 14, 2012
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Business must be slow because you seem to spend an exorbitant amount of time on this forum making assertions you can't prove. LOL!
My irony meter just broke.
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

#65926 Dec 14, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Can't you ask the old lady micowave ghost?
:))
<quoted text>
I'm asking you and obviously you don't have an answer. So much for all that knowledge collecting dust on your shelves, eh?
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

#65927 Dec 14, 2012
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
My irony meter just broke.
In a universe that is more psychological than it is physical, there is no real freedom but the freedom of ideas, and no real bondage but the bondage of ideas. The trick is to learn to discern the difference.

Dare to be adventuous - dare to leave your security blanket of scientific dictums and theories long enough to consider a different perspective. You can always go back to your fuzzy comfortable "bankey" if you become confused and frightened.

As god-stuff incarnate, we are spiritual beings trying to be human. We are part of a great infinite unknown reality breaking off from itself into minute physical versions. Each package of molecules is put together just right - spirituality and person merging together so that infinity and time are woven into genes, mortality and immortality each combining here now to form the self we know. Consciousness is the power out of which all realities emerge. The subjective images of our desires form our reality by leaping into the swell of space and time. Observe the facts of heart and mind alike, and refuse to accept any theories that deny your own subjective experience.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#65928 Dec 14, 2012
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
In a universe that is more psychological than it is physical, there is no real freedom but the freedom of ideas, and no real bondage but the bondage of ideas. The trick is to learn to discern the difference.
And this is not our world. Our world is more physical than psychological: most of the universe has no consciousness whatsoever.
Dare to be adventuous - dare to leave your security blanket of scientific dictums and theories long enough to consider a different perspective. You can always go back to your fuzzy comfortable "bankey" if you become confused and frightened.
I have considered the different prespectives and I found that I was simply playing games with myself when thinking about them. They reveal more about my own psychology than they do about reality. You don't see the distinction.
As god-stuff incarnate, we are spiritual beings trying to be human. We are part of a great infinite unknown reality breaking off from itself into minute physical versions. Each package of molecules is put together just right - spirituality and person merging together so that infinity and time are woven into genes, mortality and immortality each combining here now to form the self we know. Consciousness is the power out of which all realities emerge. The subjective images of our desires form our reality by leaping into the swell of space and time. Observe the facts of heart and mind alike, and refuse to accept any theories that deny your own subjective experience.
More unsupported claims.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#65929 Dec 14, 2012
How exactly do you distinguish between your *subjective* evidence and a vivid imagination?
You don't know?
postscriptt wrote:
One is a tool, the other is reality.
You're avoiding the question.

How do you distinguish between evidence that is the result of your vivid imagination and evidence that is the result of reality (but which is not available to anyone else, for some reason)?
obama sucks

Denver, CO

#65930 Dec 14, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
After you go to church you watch football you mean.
<quoted text>
I'm very good at saying what i mean, douche. You appear to have serious comprehension issues.
obama sucks

Denver, CO

#65931 Dec 14, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Loss of oxygen to the brain in any way is traumatic for the brain.
So many liberals having their heads up their asses gasping for air, that would explain a lot. lmao

Lexington, KY

#65932 Dec 14, 2012
It's ok little loser you just talk to your preacher about it all this Sunday.:)
obama sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm very good at saying what i mean, douche. You appear to have serious comprehension issues.
Some Random Dude

Santa Cruz, CA

#65933 Dec 14, 2012
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been a reasearch mathematician for the last 25+ years. I am trained in physics and have worked as a physicist at an accelerator lab. I discuss the ramifications of various experiments on the different hypotheses that are current. My main interest is astrophysics, but there are also applications to accelerator physics in what I have done.
Try again.
I knew you weren't just the average poster. VERY few people on here can school me in any way, but you gave me something to think about.

Lexington, KY

#65934 Dec 14, 2012
Wanna buy those books? No seriously there is even some really old ones and an entire volume on becoming a boss hypnotist. It's all just so silly and fruity I got them back in the day to scam chicks at UCLA, light up some candles and incense do some carnival trick remote viewing and some bullsht psychic readings, have some crystals around the candles trying to get them chick's panties off and hey, it worked!

So back then I kept up on all the silly metaphysical nonsense for the poon factor.

A bag of weed stashed away never hurt either :))

Anyways I have grown past that and sure you can buy the old books and somewhere I still have those crystals, ankhs, and other assorted trinkets.

Just say the word and I can box them up and send them your way.
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm asking you and obviously you don't have an answer. So much for all that knowledge collecting dust on your shelves, eh?
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

#65935 Dec 14, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
How exactly do you distinguish between your *subjective* evidence and a vivid imagination?
You don't know?
<quoted text>
You're avoiding the question.
How do you distinguish between evidence that is the result of your vivid imagination and evidence that is the result of reality (but which is not available to anyone else, for some reason)?
I answered the question. You won't meet yourself following a set of dictums, or running from book to book. If you don't take the time to examine your own subjective states, then you can't complain if my answers elude you. The burdon of proof lies within yourself. It's an excercise in folly to expect science or anyone else for that matter, to prove the validity of your own subjective experience.
postscriptt

Santa Fe, NM

#65936 Dec 14, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Wanna buy those books? No seriously there is even some really old ones and an entire volume on becoming a boss hypnotist. It's all just so silly and fruity I got them back in the day to scam chicks at UCLA, light up some candles and incense do some carnival trick remote viewing and some bullsht psychic readings, have some crystals around the candles trying to get them chick's panties off and hey, it worked!
So back then I kept up on all the silly metaphysical nonsense for the poon factor.
A bag of weed stashed away never hurt either :))
Anyways I have grown past that and sure you can buy the old books and somewhere I still have those crystals, ankhs, and other assorted trinkets.
Just say the word and I can box them up and send them your way.
<quoted text>
I can't imagine any woman being attracted do an ape-man like yourself. It's a freaking miracle that you are able to find your mouth with a fork every day!

Lexington, KY

#65937 Dec 14, 2012
Long story short you make it up as you go, right?
postscriptt wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered the question. You won't meet yourself following a set of dictums, or running from book to book. If you don't take the time to examine your own subjective states, then you can't complain if my answers elude you. The burdon of proof lies within yourself. It's an excercise in folly to expect science or anyone else for that matter, to prove the validity of your own subjective experience.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min Eagle 12 230,089
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr Chiclets 1,058
Islam for peace, or violence? 2 hr JIN 51
Man center of the universe. 4 hr hpcaban 88
Does Being 'Spiritual But Not Religious' Really... 4 hr hpcaban 4
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 4 hr Chiclets 22,996
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 5 hr Pahu 1,402

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE